No announcement yet.

Sardar Azmoun @ AS Roma | 2023/2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Svilar and Azmoun for me were the best players in Roma. Sardar will get good minutes going forward.

Comment

He started ahead of Abraham in their season’s most critical game and he scored higher than Lukaku and Abraham on Sofascore. Not sure why everyone is so biased against this guy.

Comment

Sofascore:
        Sardar got best score amongst the forwards (6.9), was 7th highest rated Roma player

Whoscored: Was equal second highest rated player for Roma

Fotmob - Was worst forward, 8th highet Roma player. Fotmob is always all over the place imho

Overall I think he did enough to get a few more starts but conversely the cramping and inability to make 90 mins means that they are less likely to sign him permanently. just my humble opinion

Comment

I gotta be honest its kind of pathetic how low the bar is that we are grateful he plays for 50 minutes and earns a penalty as a win. IMO its clear his career is over, he will be 30 soon and his conditioning is worse than Shoja Khalilzadeh. We need to be expecting more from this guy instead of foaming at the mouth for the most basic action...he's supposed to be our best player in the world right now. I don't know about yall but I expect more from him than simply making the occasional good pass or high header goal. I'm saying this as a guy who has watched almost all his appearances this season in Roma, in approx 700 minutes he's had to be subbed off for injury about 6 times. That's at a rate of injury scare per 1.5 games

He needs to:
          1. Improve his second touch and giveaways
          2. Do more cardio and mobility/stretching work

and he needs to do it now, like this summer, to save his career.

Comment

Will roma qualify for ucl if they finish 6th behind atalanta and atalanta wins Europa league?

Comment

Thought he was quite effective tbh, and vs arguably best side in Europe this season.

they definitely lost threat after his subbing and contributed to Roma again taking back foot and eventually losing the game.

not worst choice to sub him though with Atalanta game also being a consideration.

he has contributed more than well enough as a rotation CF in recent weeks.

as for expectations, before season started he was expected by most here to be backup to belotti and Tammy, let alone lukaku. Fast forward to now, even with AC and injuries he forced them to off belotti and then subsequently leapfrogged Abraham as well, to the point where it seems they will offload him in summer too. That’s an Italy international and England international for reference. But sure keep saying he’s doing crap…the fact he is managing to force this even with his physical limitations again underlines his quality.

people make a big deal about his linkup play but honestly lukaku was not much better tonight. Roma just lack good service to their front guys esp when dybala is out, and even when he is there. They also clearly have a game management problem. Today on the front foot they really put pressure on roma but immediately after 2nd dropped back into praying for ET formation, totally handing initiative to leverkusen.

As for his future...impression of him at roma is definitely positive. As a backup/rotation CF seems he is their preferred option. 12.5 mil is obviously too steep and roma will point to injury issues as a means to get a discount from leverkusen. Remains to be seen if leverkusen will offload him to highest bidder out of the likes of Betis, Sevilla, Torino, Atalanta, Fulham, etc or try facilitating his clear desire to stick with Roma. If fee is reduced to ~8 million it seems possible.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                Thought he was quite effective tbh, and vs arguably best side in Europe this season.

they definitely lost threat after his subbing and contributed to Roma again taking back foot and eventually losing the game.

not worst choice to sub him though with Atalanta game also being a consideration.

he has contributed more than well enough as a rotation CF in recent weeks.

as for expectations, before season started he was expected by most here to be backup to belotti and Tammy, let alone lukaku. Fast forward to now, even with AC and injuries he forced them to off belotti and then subsequently leapfrogged Abraham as well, to the point where it seems they will offload him in summer too. That’s an Italy international and England international for reference. But sure keep saying he’s doing crap…the fact he is managing to force this even with his physical limitations again underlines his quality.

people make a big deal about his linkup play but honestly lukaku was not much better tonight. Roma just lack good service to their front guys esp when dybala is out, and even when he is there.

As for his future...impression of him at roma is definitely positive. As a backup/rotation CF seems he is their preferred option. 12.5 mil is obviously too steep and roma will point to injury issues as a means to get a discount from leverkusen. Remains to be seen if leverkusen will offload him to highest bidder out of the likes of Betis, Sevilla, Torino, Atalanta, Fulham, etc or try facilitating his clear desire to stick with Roma. If fee is reduced to ~8 million it seems possible.
                I doubt Roma will pay even 8 million for him. If we take our rosy glasses off, he doesn't have the stats to have them splurge, and I doubt this game convinced them. His conditioning/fitness alone means he can't stay at Leverkusen and Roma also need someone who is champions league quality (like Lukaku...stats speak for themselves) if they end up staying at fifth place.

Matter of fact is he's just unreliable from a coach perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post

I doubt Roma will pay even 8 million for him. If we take our rosy glasses off, he doesn't have the stats to have them splurge, and I doubt this game convinced them. His conditioning/fitness alone means he can't stay at Leverkusen and Roma also need someone who is champions league quality (like Lukaku...stats speak for themselves) if they end up staying at fifth place.

Matter of fact is he's just unreliable from a coach perspective.
                  Lukaku has been pretty horrible second half of season. Stats speak for themselves. They wont be renewing him either.

Roma is full of injury prone guys...its how they built their squad going after salvage projects for cheaper loans. Dybala is in the same boat.

Comment

Azmoun nomreye 6.5 az Gazzetta dello Sport gereft ke be ma'nie amalkarde khoobie ast.
                    Dobare ASARGOZAAR bood va dar 4 baazie akhir 2 penalty gerefte.
                    Omidvaram ba Atalanta daste kam 30 daghighe baazi kone.
                    DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Our man did well IMHO. Certainly his movements and positioning clearly earned the first PK and gave them the lead.

shame he is made of glass.

Comment

when Roma were on the front foot, he was damn dangerous W/O the ball and was a massive source of worry for Bayer backline for entirety of his minutes tonight.... and kept their backline in check preventing them to push too far out to help Bayer's attack..!!!!!
                        but OMFG he was sholmosholo AF , must, must, must when the ball finally arrived to his feet.. ffs shitt the bed on near every fking touch on the ball,except that one saved shot he took inside the box which was too close to keeper to cause much trouble ..!!
                        finally smarten up and went down when that narekhar Tah tried to hold and frustrate him.... coulda well earned another PK in the Home match when Tah kept bear hugging inside the box on multiple times..!
                        and most frustrating of all was him going down and asking to be subbed off .... like a lil bitch and acting cramped when it was clear that he was just bit winded and more scared of fking up a now tied up game..!!

you could tell DDR didnt want to sub him off either .... he knew sardar was keeping the bayer D-line in check and knew of his brilliant in any possible fast break situations ..!!

his fitness is truly pathetic and plain tragic for a supposed pro footballer...! , i dont think anyone would pay anything over 5-6mil for a guy who clearly can't be relied on as a somewhat regular 70+min striker..!
                        its either his own apathy that keeps him in such an embarrassing physical fitness, or it could well be that he is still dealing with a more sever case of a LongCovid ....?? he simply hasnt been himself since he got that bad case of COVID in russia..!!?

ps
                        the worst shitt was to see Bayer level the game off last minute.... @ least some satisfaction coulda been had from breaking their unbeaten record..!!

Comment

I watched the whole game. What a game. I must admit, this Leverkusen are really playing excellent entertaining football and currently one of the top 2-3 best teams in Europe. Eventhough they won the BL and also, in cup final vs Kaiserslautern, they are unbeaten in 49 games and in the European League final, I think Sardar was lucky to leave because I dont think he would have gotten so many minutes in this team.

Yesterday, IMO Sardar, Svilar and El Sharawi and Paredes were among the better players. Lukaku sucked big time and were basically invisible beside the first chance in the first minute of the game. Abraham seems really overrated and I guess that's why he's planning to leave this summer. What surprise me most is that Italian teams strength is normally the defence but this Roma team are really struggling in defence.

Comment

It bares reminding:
                            Sardar had a single completed pass the whole match. that's right, 70 minutes with single pass.
                            Touched the ball 15 times, 7 of those were turnovers.
                            Didn't win a single header.
                            Was yelled at by different teammates throughout the match for either not giving any effort or messing up his defensive assignments.
                            Most outlets have him rated as 5 or 6 (same as Lukaku).
                            Even Roma fans weren't really pleased.

He wasn't the worst Roma player, but to classify this performance as anything but 'average at best' is just Iranian bias.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

Lukaku has been pretty horrible second half of season. Stats speak for themselves.
                              Unfortunately the stats favour Sardar the least - he has the worse of the goals per minutes played amongst the strikers, and his expected goals/assists is also below the others: https://fbref.com/en/squads/cf74a709/Roma-Stats

Lukaku getting 20 goals in the season will still favour him

Comment

My take on his performance is he did everything the coach asked him to do including faking a cramp so they can take a breather and make the sub that was planned all along. Notice that his sub was a defensive midfielder who was ready to go. Sorry folks, granted that Sardar is not a physical beast and lacks some cardio fitness but he is very much a huge threat and incredibly smart and quick to act. His movement in the 18 and vision are what makes up for his lack of fitness. And as for fitness very few teams have 30 year old forwards that last more than 60 minutes. He made one pass, yes and he received zero passes. Everything he did was based on his hustle and movement. Roma clearly lacks the passing skills and the ability to work the ball on offense. Leverkusen also suffered from the same thing last year and they have managed to fix that problem by bringing in 3 or 4 surefooted calm players who control the flow and are not looking to pass backwards anymore. Overall, Sardar had a less than average game for him. There were two good crosses that he could have finished off but was a step short on both times. That could have made the difference between a good game and an okay game. Yes, one time Hincapi who was marking Sardar managed to sneak up and take a shot and other players started yelling at him. I doubt that they would been yelling at Dybala or Lukaku but that is what you get when you are not the primary star. I actually am impressed by his decisions to sign up with good teams with no guarantee of playing time.

Comment

Working...
                                X