Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2023-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    No that's probably all genuine Brentford fans... And rightly so, he's been one of the better players on the pitch tonight and with more injuries and suspensions piling up... He'll likely start against Sheffield United this weekend

Comment

he played a pretty solid game overall
      mostly at the left back towards the end he switched out more to the right wingback
      I don’t know where he was on the winning goal, and I wonder if he was responsible for defending the goalscorer or not!?
      Bit too hesitant to get offensively involved for my liking, even after conceding the winner, and trailing way late in the game..!:/
      I assume those were Frank’s wishes .!?
      which is pretty fucking stupid.
      He should have pushed him up to a more attacking midfield role with 5 to 10 minutes to go try to get the equalizing goal..!

Comment

This is where Frank has to show balls and start playing Saman UP the pitch closer to the strikers. Especially against superior teams where vision and composure is needed in the middle of the park.

Being Mr. Versatile is great and all, but we all know he will truly shine in the CM/AMF position.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
          This is where Frank has to show balls and start playing Saman UP the pitch closer to the strikers. Especially against superior teams where vision and composure is needed in the middle of the park.

Being Mr. Versatile is great and all, but we all know he will truly shine in the CM/AMF position.
          Agreed. With all the injuries or suspensions upfront, Mbeumo, Toney, Schade, Jensen, etc., I actually think they need Saman's creativity in the final third.

Once Mbeumo went out today, Brentford had zero creativity coming forward. Maupay, Wissa and KLP ain't it. Their creativity was coming from Saman at RB.

I know they desperately need Saman at the full back or wing back position, but I think they can deploy Roerslev or Janelt there, and deploy Saman in a more forward position. I think there is more of a need for Saman upfront than in the back. Especially now that he's playing with confidence.

I am a little worried about his fatigue and consistent appearances. This is the longest stretch of regular football he's gotten since his Amiens days.

Comment

Just watched extended highlights of the game (11 mins), was Saman playing as a LB?! It certainly appeared so from the video. Looking forward to watching his compilation highlights for this game as I missed the match.

Comment

Ghoddos is so likeable

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                This might've genuinely been the best Premier league games of any Iranian in history. I know he didn't score, but his defending, work rate, passing and vision was not only top class, but dare I say World Class!
                Dejagah had quite a few excellent games for Fulham

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post

Agreed. With all the injuries or suspensions upfront, Mbeumo, Toney, Schade, Jensen, etc., I actually think they need Saman's creativity in the final third.
                  He will almost certainly remain at full back due to the injuries. Roerslev had one of his worst games in a Brentford shirt and he's the only fit full back.

Given they'll play a back 4 against Sheffield, it could be possible that Janelt drops to LB as Norgaard is back from suspension but the rumour is Jensen will be back so, if he starts, that negates the reliance on Ghoddos for creativity. My guess is Ghoddos will either be a full back or RW in a front three with Wissa and KLP.

He's really having his moment with the Brentford fans. Resounding man of the match vote from last nights game, though few other players were contenders, and lots of love for him on their forum in his thread and other related posts. They also keep shouting "shoot" and "if Ghoddos scores, we're on the pitch" from the stands whenever he's on the ball outside the opposition's box.

This is a Brentford podcast I listen to regularly and they give him some praise here on about the 10 minute mark

https://youtu.be/S-afZRC3X7s?si=c_ZiHswK6_i7v_Ji

Comment

I don't know what Frank sees in number 8 Jensen, except he is his country man, Saman is a much better and complete play maker than him

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Crazy how some people on the forum were saying his footballing career is done and that he no longer prioritizes it just 4 months ago…

Comment

I have been Saman’s biggest fan since day 1 of him choosing TM over Sweden. He is 1 of 1, they don’t make many like him. His character and his skill is unmatched and it as a fan it feels extremely freaking good that he is getting what he deserves finally by his club, their supporters, and TM supporters who finally see his immense value. He always was the key to success for us but we never used him….all this non sense that was said about him playing, not playing, etc. was always hot air. When he wasn’t playing at Brentford he was still showing up for TM and putting in an amazing shift almost every single cap. Now that he is getting love at Brentford hopefully that elevates his performances even more….perfect timing too right before AC. Go saman!!!
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by aria32 View Post
                            Crazy how some people on the forum were saying his footballing career is done and that he no longer prioritizes it just 4 months ago…
                            I was one of those.
                            With his advisors and past f**k ups, who would have thought it turns out like this.
                            I hope he gets to play in his preferred CM spot though and really shows what he's made of.

Also shout out to GN for starting him.

Comment

Originally posted by aria32 View Post
                              If Brentford aren't dumbasses, he can be their Pascal Gross. An older Swiss army knife regular starter while they cycle through young players and sell em for a massive profit.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                                Dejagah had quite a few excellent games for Fulham
                                You're right! Lol idk why I forgot about him and was mostly focused on ARJ, Ghoddos, Teymourian

Comment

Working...
                                X