No announcement yet.

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2023-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

staying in his comfort zone with a bunch of scandinavian wankers, where he likely will get very little meaningful playing time, meanwhile Nourollahi is busting his ass in Al Wahda and Karimi doing well in Turkey. No need to call him up anymore, was never a significant player anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by shlamrub View Post
      staying in his comfort zone with a bunch of scandinavian wankers
      😂😂😂😂👌🏻

Comment

goofing off all summer.... wonder how long before he even make the bench ..?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
          goofing off all summer.... wonder how long before he even make the bench ..?
          He's been training with Malmö most of the summer and Brentford would not sign him if they didn't plan to have him in the rotation immediately.

I reckon we see on the bench in the cop match this Tuesday.

Comment

Brentford currently have Damsgaard, Dasilva and Baptiste out injured.

- Damsgaard rumoured to only have a knock and should be back in September
            - Dasilva lasted 10 minutes as a sub against Fulham last week, possibly out for a few months
            - Baptiste dislocated his shoulder in training, out for months

Of their fit midfielders with first team experience they have, Norgaard (DM), Jensen, Janelt and Onyeka. They play 3 in the midfield so assuming Saman is physically fit from pre-season with Malmö, he he's again likely competing with Jensen for a more creative midfield position as Norgaard is the current first name on the team sheet and Janelt and Onyeka play similar roles.

It's too early to know but Jensen did come off limping a bit just before Palace equalised yesterday. He'd been knocked about a bit by their players. He also came off early in the 2nd half against Spurs 2 weeks ago so he may be carrying some sort of injury.

I hope Saman is ready. If he gets some minutes at Newport on Tuesday, it means we might see him in the Premier League in September.

Comment

Malkay what is your view on Damsgaard, injuries taken too much out of him? Definitely doesn’t seem like the player he was a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                Brentford currently have Damsgaard, Dasilva and Baptiste out injured.

- Damsgaard rumoured to only have a knock and should be back in September
                - Dasilva lasted 10 minutes as a sub against Fulham last week, possibly out for a few months
                - Baptiste dislocated his shoulder in training, out for months

Of their fit midfielders with first team experience they have, Norgaard (DM), Jensen, Janelt and Onyeka. They play 3 in the midfield so assuming Saman is physically fit from pre-season with Malmö, he he's again likely competing with Jensen for a more creative midfield position as Norgaard is the current first name on the team sheet and Janelt and Onyeka play similar roles.

It's too early to know but Jensen did come off limping a bit just before Palace equalised yesterday. He'd been knocked about a bit by their players. He also came off early in the 2nd half against Spurs 2 weeks ago so he may be carrying some sort of injury.

I hope Saman is ready. If he gets some minutes at Newport on Tuesday, it means we might see him in the Premier League in September.
                He has been officially released by them though? I've never heard of a player coming back

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by shlamrub View Post
                  staying in his comfort zone with a bunch of scandinavian wankers, where he likely will get very little meaningful playing time, meanwhile Nourollahi is busting his ass in Al Wahda and Karimi doing well in Turkey. No need to call him up anymore, was never a significant player anyway.
                  Is this a joke?!! The Scandinavian Wankers finished 9th in the best league in the world!! No comparison to Al Shotor or the Turkish league.
                  Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                    Malkay what is your view on Damsgaard, injuries taken too much out of him? Definitely doesn’t seem like the player he was a few years ago.
                    There's definitely a player there (had a really good Euros and scored a great free kick in the semis against England) but he's not really done much in a Brentford shirt. I saw him have a good game in the 3-2 home win against Fulham last season but many Brentford players were good that day.

I believe he suffers from some form of arthritis, which for a kid of 23 (and an athlete at that), is very sad. If he can stay fit and learn how the team plays, he has the ability to have good moments leading to assists and goals.

On Saman, an added reason they may be signing him is your boy Rico Henry looks to be gaining a bit of late transfer window speculation. Man United need cover for the injured Luke Shaw. Personally I don't buy it but if he goes, Hickey moves to the left, Roerslev comes in at RB and Saman is the only other player in the squad with experience playing in the PL at fullback. Actually, I think Janelt has covered there in a couple of games.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                      He has been officially released by them though? I've never heard of a player coming back

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
                      It happens. Particularly with squad players and when there are injuries and clubs want someone who can hit the ground running in the short term.

Brentford are meticulous in their transfer business and usually identify and pursue players over a long period rather than scouring the market during the active window.

If they didn't feel there was a player with the right value, stats and characteristics (because they sign team players not individual talents)... Then it makes much more sense to sign a player they know on a short term contract rather than overspend on an unknown entity that they probably value over Saman but would need time to bed into the squad and learn how they play.

Furthermore, premier league teams have to register a 25 man list of players over the age of 21. 8 of those players have to be home grown (at least 3 years registered to an English clubs before turning 21). So that means 17 "foreign" players.

As they neared the close season, Brentford clearly did not see Saman as one of the top 17 "foreign" players in their squad so they didn't renew his contract and, along with all of those other midfielders being fit, they would have looked at giving his kind of minutes in the last 2 seasons to the young players like Yarmolyuk and Brierley (who looked really promising in the preseason friendly with Lyon).

Comment

Not in the roster for the cup match today

Comment

It’ll probably take him another 2-3 matches before we see him in the match day squad IMO
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

There's definitely a player there (had a really good Euros and scored a great free kick in the semis against England) but he's not really done much in a Brentford shirt. I saw him have a good game in the 3-2 home win against Fulham last season but many Brentford players were good that day.

I believe he suffers from some form of arthritis, which for a kid of 23 (and an athlete at that), is very sad. If he can stay fit and learn how the team plays, he has the ability to have good moments leading to assists and goals.

On Saman, an added reason they may be signing him is your boy Rico Henry looks to be gaining a bit of late transfer window speculation. Man United need cover for the injured Luke Shaw. Personally I don't buy it but if he goes, Hickey moves to the left, Roerslev comes in at RB and Saman is the only other player in the squad with experience playing in the PL at fullback. Actually, I think Janelt has covered there in a couple of games.
                            United have put a loan offer in for Cucurella today also. I don’t think they go for Rico or they did and you swiftly turned it round. This part of the transfer window it would take silly money for you to sell him.
                            When he was leaving Walsall he had offers from nearly every club in the Premier League, Villa were desperate to sign him too but they released him as a kid and he didn’t forget that. He’s also a Liverpool fan from what I know so happy if he stays away from United 😃

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                              Not in the roster for the cup match today
                              As suspected, he's miles off of being fit to make a squad. If he's not playing this game, he's unlikely to make a matchday squad until the latter end of next month.

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post

United have put a loan offer in for Cucurella today also. I don’t think they go for Rico or they did and you swiftly turned it round. This part of the transfer window it would take silly money for you to sell him.
                              When he was leaving Walsall he had offers from nearly every club in the Premier League, Villa were desperate to sign him too but they released him as a kid and he didn’t forget that. He’s also a Liverpool fan from what I know so happy if he stays away from United 😃
                              Yep. I think it was just paper talk, where every left back at this level was being linked with United. It would be a silly move as Shaw is their number one and he's only out for a few months. Rico would be wasted on United's bench.

Normally, it would just take a club meeting his valuation for Brentford to sell, so long as they've done their succession planning. As it goes, they're way too short on full backs and he's on a deal till 2027 +1 year option so I would be stunned if they let him go this window.

They'll be looking for someone in January, bring them in first then sell Rico toward the end of January if a big club is still interested. This wont help much in the case of United looking for a quick fix. Also there's been talk of City sniffing around Hickey and he allows Brentford the luxury of looking for either a first choice RB or LB as he can play either side.​​ That and the market seems to be absolutely in flux with the Saudi money... it's a mess that FIFA have to sort by shutting their window at the same time and applying more regulation to deals between clubs with Saudi interest (i.e. Newcastle and Chelsea).

Comment

As suspected, he's miles off of being fit to make a squad. If he's not playing this game, he's unlikely to make a matchday squad until the latter end of next month.

Yep. I think it was just paper talk, where every left back at this level was being linked with United. It would be a silly move as Shaw is their number one and he's only out for a few months. Rico would be wasted on United's bench.

Normally, it would just take a club meeting his valuation for Brentford to sell, so long as they've done their succession planning. As it goes, they're way too short on full backs and he's on a deal till 2027 +1 year option so I would be stunned if they let him go this window.

They'll be looking for someone in January, bring them in first then sell Rico toward the end of January if a big club is still interested. This wont help much in the case of United looking for a quick fix. Also there's been talk of City sniffing around Hickey and he allows Brentford the luxury of looking for either a first choice RB or LB as he can play either side.​​ That and the market seems to be absolutely in flux with the Saudi money... it's a mess that FIFA have to sort by shutting their window at the same time and applying more regulation to deals between clubs with Saudi interest (i.e. Newcastle and Chelsea).
                                The market has gone crazy, think we are still in for some crazy moves by the time the Saudi window closes. Don’t trust FIFA, UEFA, PL to sort the mess out, money talks.
                                In regards to Rico I hope he stays with you, he is quite reserved and would get lost at a club like United.

Comment

Working...
                                X