No announcement yet.

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2023-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has been a substitute player for a long time now, both club and TM. He seems to not care and will continue to half-ass the rest of his career. Really hope he will prove me wrong and be a starter for Brentford, but not sure how likely this will be. I have no idea, but there must be something wrong with his work ethic that so many TM coaches also only used him as a sub
    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
      He has been a substitute player for a long time now, both club and TM. He seems to not care and will continue to half-ass the rest of his career. Really hope he will prove me wrong and be a starter for Brentford, but not sure how likely this will be. I have no idea, but there must be something wrong with his work ethic that so many TM coaches also only used him as a sub
      I actually think Ghoddos unfortunately, has suffered from a lack of consistent belief in him. Even when Skocic started playing him more, I did not see anything from him, which caused him to eventually get less minutes under him.

CQ always used him sparingly, which again, I don’t know why, because he rarely has a bad game.

A brentford fan even posted this video a few years ago questioning why he gets significantly less minutes than other players: https://www.reddit.com/r/Brentford/c...tm_name=iossmf

My guess is that when coaches want to play defensive or counterattacking, they don’t play Ghoddos.

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
        I still remember some excellent games from him in TM shirt. Even in recent memory, his performance in our win vs uruguay pre WC was fantastic. That night he provided the type of press resistance and calm on the ball we lack so badly, connecting with our front line and not looking out of place at all against a stacked uruguayan outfit. IF CQ had stuck with that lineup vs USA maybe things would have been different, I thought saman had a really positive impact when he came on. People mention that missed chance (that was called back for a foul by taremi anyways) but that setback by gholi wasnt even intended for saman, he was trying to hit taremi and missed him terribly. BTW it was saman second half performance vs Bahrain that rescued us in that must win game, the team was horrendous before he introduction and lucky not to be losing.

Still, I am open to integrating newer generation of technical mids we have: Yadegar, Yasin, Hosseinnejad, etc, and Saman himself doesn't seem very interested in TM anymore, which is a shame. We could have got a lot more out of him.

Comment

Iran football seems littered with high potential and Skill-set wise world class footballer who simply lack the required Fitness/Stamina/Professionalism to Fully Realize their Footballing Potential...!!

you can by enlarge chuck Saman into the same bin as AK8/Moharami/seemingly Sardar, etc ...

i think that 6months?1year? suspension after his Ostersund spell, really screwed up his prior beastish game fitness and form .... he never fully recovered from that stupid set back and from then on he's just been on mission of milking as much as po$$ible from football before retiring sooner than we all thought ..!?

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

I still remember some excellent games from him in TM shirt. Even in recent memory, his performance in our win vs uruguay pre WC was fantastic. That night he provided the type of press resistance and calm on the ball we lack so badly, connecting with our front line and not looking out of place at all against a stacked uruguayan outfit. IF CQ had stuck with that lineup vs USA maybe things would have been different, I thought saman had a really positive impact when he came on. People mention that missed chance (that was called back for a foul by taremi anyways) but that setback by gholi wasnt even intended for saman, he was trying to hit taremi and missed him terribly. BTW it was saman second half performance vs Bahrain that rescued us in that must win game, the team was horrendous before he introduction and lucky not to be losing.

Still, I am open to integrating newer generation of technical mids we have: Yadegar, Yasin, Hosseinnejad, etc, and Saman himself doesn't seem very interested in TM anymore, which is a shame. We could have got a lot more out of him.
            He was our best player in that game against Uruguay.. What a machine!

As someone in the stadium for the USA match, Saman changed the game when he came on. We were very low on energy and lacklustre in the first half but picked it up. We needed strong players in the middle against the strong US team, but CQ blundered there.
            "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

love Carlito, but in hindsight we certainly shoulda just stuck it out with Eskoocher for the WC....!!?
              fked us over royally (but probably inadvertently?) with his questionable Starting Line-ups and game strategies at WC22....!!
              imo, he was ignorantly trying too hard to differentiate his choices over his predecessor .... and basically fk over those players that he deemed as not a big fan of him by benching them..!!
              i had like panic attacks awaiting his wack starting line-up selections ....and nearly all 3 games was annoyed and disappointed by them..!!

this truly was our Best chance to finally advance outa groups in the far more prestigious , old WC Format... with a Formidable squad vs a relative to before much weaker opponents and CQ yekdandegi and oghdeh-bazi and off course the massive distractions from the Women/Life/Freedom movement totally screwed us out of it ..!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                love Carlito, but in hindsight we certainly shoulda just stuck it out with Eskoocher for the WC....!!?
                fked us over royally (but probably inadvertently?) with his questionable Starting Line-ups and game strategies at WC22....!!
                imo, he was ignorantly trying too hard to differentiate his choices over his predecessor .... and basically fk over those players that he deemed as not a big fan of him by benching them..!!
                i had like panic attacks awaiting his wack starting line-up selections ....and nearly all 3 games was annoyed and disappointed by them..!!

this truly was our Best chance to finally advance outa groups in the far more prestigious , old WC Format... with a Formidable squad vs a relative to before much weaker opponents and CQ yekdandegi and oghdeh-bazi and off course the massive distractions from the Women/Life/Freedom movement totally screwed us out of it ..!!

He just made purely bad tactical choices. I love CQ as much as the next guy but the world cup decisions and lineups by him were a complete flop. Playing Milad as LB, Cheshmi as CB, etc. What gives when Jalali gave our best LB performance in years vs two top tier teams and Ghoddos carried vs Uruguay. I'm not saying we would have beat USA, but waiting till minute 83 to sub in Ghoddos and Jalali is too late.

Comment

Reports that Damsgaard may be on his way to Sporting Lisbon.

Comment

Yes, let's forget a movement that will change a country for the better for a football tournament that is temporary. Appreciate your posts bro, but come on man ...
                    "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post

Yes, let's forget a movement that will change a country for the better for a football tournament that is temporary. Appreciate your posts bro, but come on man ...
                      not questioning the validity of uprising nor arguing its relevant importance over the TM at WC results .....!
                      just saying that it was a huge distraction that certainly contributed to TM's downfall at WC along with other more Football specific mistakes..!!

ps

i understand that emotions were running bit too high , but still believe that it was a dumb strategic mistake to make enemy of TM Players in social media and beyond and it was ignorant of us to expect the players to go above an beyond what they were already doing in support of the people's movement...!
                      Positive reinforcements and actually harnessing the WC moment and instead cheering for success of TM at world cup would have accomplished far more for the ZZA movement than alienating our national team players, overly criticising them and shameful flat out jeering of them at WC..!!

Comment

not questioning the validity of uprising nor arguing its relevant importance over the TM at WC results .....!
                        just saying that it was a huge distraction that certainly contributed to TM's downfall at WC along with other more Football specific mistakes..!!

ps

i understand that emotions were running bit too high , but still believe that it was a dumb strategic mistake to make enemy of TM Players in social media and beyond and it was ignorant of us to expect the players to go above an beyond what they were already doing in support of the people's movement...!
                        Positive reinforcements and actually harnessing the WC moment and instead cheering for success of TM at world cup would have accomplished far more for the ZZA movement than alienating our national team players, overly criticising them and shameful flat out jeering of them at WC..!!
                        Agree 100%.

It was a big political mistake for those who hate IR to not take advantage of the opportunity that the World Cup presented. Strategic blunder of the highest order. Plus, the players have nothing to do with the regime! So it was immoral from the "opposition" too what they did.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post

Agree 100%.

It was a big political mistake for those who hate IR to not take advantage of the opportunity that the World Cup presented. Strategic blunder of the highest order. Plus, the players have nothing to do with the regime! So it was immoral from the "opposition" too what they did.
                          During the Mahsa Movement, many celebrities who lived in Iran came out and declared themselves openly against the IR. People who had been restrained on their criticism, such as Farhadi, finally came out openly. These are people whose careers and livelihood had been dependent on being on working terms with IR. They finally cut that cord. Every day there was some deceleration on Insta or Twitter.

The same thing happened in football, but to a lesser extent. People were watching these footballers who they had been following for years online to make another blow to Khayemali.

Society became divided into those who risked their careers and lives and those who didn't.

With the WC coming, could have been an international PR disaster for IR... shattering the image that IR is a democracy loved by its people.

This is when IR went to work...they embraced the team publicly meanwhile threatening all its members. That meeting with Raessi was a propaganda of the Nazi order. When that idiot Beiranvand asked for their Padash...the die was cast. You can always find Iranians that will sell out their countrymen for a song. This is part of the fabric of our society.

It was not just some Alinejad twitterati that slammed TM...it was Iranian footballers...biggest slam against TM came from Yahya.

The WC was a textbook example of PR management....after the game one disaster....get Qatar to vacuum up all signs of protests and threaten the players, get a clueless coach to open his mouth and say the wrong things...etc etc.

This is what happens when you have a leaderless movement against an organized government...albeit corrupt and incompetent.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Weird... I thought this was a Saman Ghoddos thread.

Anyway, he's on the bench at home to Bournemouth this afternoon.

I doubt he'll come off the bench, he didn't even get any minutes for fitness in the behind closed doors B team fixture against Luton in the week.

He must still be way off it but interesting to see him named in the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                              Weird... I thought this was a Saman Ghoddos thread.

Anyway, he's on the bench at home to Bournemouth this afternoon.

I doubt he'll come off the bench, he didn't even get any minutes for fitness in the behind closed doors B team fixture against Luton in the week.

He must still be way off it but interesting to see him named in the squad.
                              Sorry got off topic!

I am shocked he is actually named to the squad....making the bench means he may be in better shape than I would have expected!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

It is not actually shocking to see him on the bench. The squad lacked depth and that is why they signed him. He knows the system, the team, and the players. Easy plug-in if and when needed. He will probably stay on the bench if things are going well but may see minutes if they do not. He may also get trash minutes at the end to get him back in game fitness.
                                Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Working...
                                X