No announcement yet.

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2023-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Peacock in the USA! It's a paid subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
      On Peacock in the USA! It's a paid subscription.
      Oh i see. They show brentford games in USA?? damn

Comment

Saman out in the 76th min.

I thought he was okay overall. Solid defensively. Was more ambitious and risky coming forward which didn't always work out for him.

I actually thought he was better vs Arsenal.

Comment

Not his best game. No major errors, just a bit underwhelming.

Got outpaced a few times on defense, his long balls in the first half were all off target, and didn't really utilise his creativity much in possession.

​​​​​​He is so clearly wasted as a WB/FB.
          Last edited by The; 12-02-2023, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Saman got the second highest rating on his team at 4.2

only Yarmoluk got a higher rating at 4.5
            Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
              Saman got the second highest rating on his team at 4.2

only Yarmoluk got a higher rating at 4.5
              Google ratings aren't accurate. Makes zero sense that players who scored or assisted have a lower rating.

both whoscored and and sofascore have Saman as the 2nd lowest rated starter after the goalie

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                Not his best game. No major errors, just a bit underwhelming.

Got outpaced a few times on defense, his long balls in the first half were all of target, and didn't really utilise his creativity much in possession.

​​​​​​He is so clearly wasted as a WB/FB.
                oh so he was used as a fking RWB/RB again..!!?? fkn frankie :/
                after CB/GK that's just about the worst place on the pitch you could post up this guy to make him look bad as footballer..!!

Comment

I watched the game. Not the best player on the pitch, definitely not the second worst either. A decent outing in the EPL for a guy who was let go and written off two months ago. He would do better in a more advance and/.or central position.

he should be proud of himself.
                  Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

I guess some mins is better than no mins but it’s so frustrating to see him as a wingback. That clearly does not play to his strengths, he is at his best in the middle in an attacking position. I bet Frank and Brentford staff watched Saman’s TM performances and likes his pressing and hustle and felt they needed it in that area of the pitch but still….they need do a much better job of utilizing saman. But hey at least they are giving our boy his DESERVED minutes finally just wish it was in a position where he could be more impactful.
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I'm just glad he's getting extremely solid minutes in PL quality games. He went from clubless to this. He is gonna be the game changer for us at the AC with his improved fitness and game time.

Comment

Saman was given a late start today in place of Ajer, who was injured in the warm up.

I thought he played a decent game again at RWB, as he did against Arsenal.

He roamed a bit when allowed, he linked well with Mbuemo for the most part and put in a couple of meaty challenges which the fans cheered and most importantly, he wasn't at fault for any major moments in the game. There were some poor decisions and passes and, once again, I noticed him being coached by Frank on the touchline but it's understandable as he's been drafted in at the last minute in an unfamiliar position without a proper briefing on his role against this opposition.

He actually kept Luton's LW quiet, he's supposedly the fastest player in the premier league and an ex-Brentford player, which the home fans appreciated. Overall he had a positive reception from the crowd who value him a lot more now than they did in his first stint at the club as he's becoming a reliable utility player in a time of injury crisis, as evidenced on their forum posts after today's game.

With the ongoing injuries I think we'll see more of him in upcoming games. Norgaard is now suspended for the midweek game against Brighton. I wouldn't be surprised if Janelt moves back into midfield for the Brighton game (he was LWB today) and Saman takes his LWB place with Roerslev at RWB. If they avoid defeat it could be their result of the season, they really are thin on the ground and they were fortunate today they played a team who offered very little.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                          Saman was given a late start today in place of Ajer, who was injured in the warm up.

With the ongoing injuries I think we'll see more of him in upcoming games. Norgaard is now suspended for the midweek game against Brighton. I wouldn't be surprised if Janelt moves back into midfield for the Brighton game (he was LWB today) and Saman takes his LWB place with Roerslev at RWB. If they avoid defeat it could be their result of the season, they really are thin on the ground and they were fortunate today they played a team who offered very little.
                          As someone who had to play this position as a kid for the bunch of Persian Dad's who first let me play Sunday League, Playing LWB as a right foot dominant midfielder/striker is so annoying especially if he needs to cut in for crosses and passes.

In Brentford's setup he will be constantly pinned back as Brighton will play Adingra there at RM who is pacy and will prevent Ghoddos from getting up higher. Brighton RB is Veltman who is basically a CB slowpoke like a Dan Burn(LB) for Newcastle, so if Ghoddos gets up that high he can certainly contribute on the offensive side. What Frank should consider is letting Ghoddos wander from LWB more centrally kind of like how Luke Shaw does with Manchester United to maximize Ghoddos' contribution on the offensive side.

Comment

Will we ever see Ghoddos in the central midfield position at Brentford? What a waste.

Coach is trying to groom him into the next Hajsafi.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                              As someone who had to play this position as a kid for the bunch of Persian Dad's who first let me play Sunday League, Playing LWB as a right foot dominant midfielder/striker is so annoying especially if he needs to cut in for crosses and passes.

In Brentford's setup he will be constantly pinned back as Brighton will play Adingra there at RM who is pacy and will prevent Ghoddos from getting up higher. Brighton RB is Veltman who is basically a CB slowpoke like a Dan Burn(LB) for Newcastle, so if Ghoddos gets up that high he can certainly contribute on the offensive side. What Frank should consider is letting Ghoddos wander from LWB more centrally kind of like how Luke Shaw does with Manchester United to maximize Ghoddos' contribution on the offensive side.
                              Ah well if you played pee wee football at LWB... it's basically the same thing.

Saman did a lot of what you've said in the 2nd paragraph yesterday. He would switch with Mbuemo at times when they were in Luton's half and they were camped back defending their box. Brian is much quicker than Saman and this was likely to try and nullify the LWs pace on the counter, should Brentford have lost possession.

There were times Saman was in the middle or even in and around the box. He had quite a bit of freedom because Brentford had so much possession.

Wednesday will be a different game. He'll likely play a more rigid game, Brentford will be camped back more so you'll see something similar to the Arsenal game, if he plays. There's always a possibility he could play KLP back there, I wouldn't put it past Frank to make a surprise selection. There are 8 clear first team players out

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
                              Will we ever see Ghoddos in the central midfield position at Brentford?
                              Probably not... They have a lot of midfielders out but Norgaard, Janelt and Onyeka were always ahead of him, then you have Yarmolyuk coming up who I must say looks a real gem for them... Baptiste coming back from injury, Dasilva and Damsgaard won't be far off. If he didn't play MF in the last couple of games, he probably never will again.

He has a better chance playing in a forward position next month assuming Hickey returns and Roerslev stays fit, the full back injuries have been a massive plus for him.

Next month Mbuemo and Wissa disappear for African Cup of Nations for the best part of a month. Schade will likely still be injured and there are still question marks over whether Toney stays or is sold in January. That really leaves Maupay and KLP as attacking options that are ahead of him and KLP is made of glass. There's also Olakigbe at RW but I haven't seen enough of him so it could be very likely Saman plays a more forward role in January/February.

... but game time is game time. He's playing at a higher level than he does for Iran. He's match fit and looks in better shape now than he ever did in his first 3 years at the club. This run has been good for him regardless of the fact that he's been playing out of position, which he has for pretty much the whole time he's played for Brentford, barring Aston Villa away in the first season.

Comment

https://football360.ir/post/20231202...AA%D9%88%D9%86

his highlights from the game. Even as a RB he had a lot of the ball. Often occupying RCM like positions by moving inside, giving brentford a greater advantage there.

Had some great 1v1 defensive moments vs the very dangerous ogbene. Builds on his excellent 1v1 work vs martinelli last week. The guy can hold his own vs most high level wingers, that to me is very impressive.

I dont find it too big of a deal that he is playing out of position tbh. If anything it is helping develop his defensive understanding, positional, 1v1 defensive skills much faster than if he was playing as a 10 or further forward, then dropping back to a deeper midfield position for TM games. for us this means that when he partners saeid the defensive balance actually looks much better than many, including myself, predicted, even without the presence of a runner profile like nourollahi.

Zinchenko is one really obvious example of a player that plays fullback for his club, and CM role for his country, so its not unheard of.

Comment

Working...
                                X