Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2023-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malkay View Post

Ah well if you played pee wee football at LWB... it's basically the same thing.

Saman did a lot of what you've said in the 2nd paragraph yesterday. He would switch with Mbuemo at times when they were in Luton's half and they were camped back defending their box. Brian is much quicker than Saman and this was likely to try and nullify the LWs pace on the counter, should Brentford have lost possession.

There were times Saman was in the middle or even in and around the box. He had quite a bit of freedom because Brentford had so much possession.

Wednesday will be a different game. He'll likely play a more rigid game, Brentford will be camped back more so you'll see something similar to the Arsenal game, if he plays. There's always a possibility he could play KLP back there, I wouldn't put it past Frank to make a surprise selection. There are 8 clear first team players out
    Hey now, you know Iranians giving supporting runs to wandering fullbacks are at a premium!

Something tells me Frank might play Ghoddos purely because against Brighton, Brentford will need players that can capitalize on any possession they get to funnel into counterattacks. I'm expecting a 70-30 possession split

Comment

I expect you to be close with that possession prediction but Brentford so thrive against teams who have more of the ball.

Also Brighton have their injuries and their underlying performance this season has been underwhelming. Nevertheless, I'm anticipating a 2-1 to Brighton win. Brentford might sneak a 2-2

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
        I expect you to be close with that possession prediction but Brentford so thrive against teams who have more of the ball.

Also Brighton have their injuries and their underlying performance this season has been underwhelming. Nevertheless, I'm anticipating a 2-1 to Brighton win. Brentford might sneak a 2-2
        What will make the difference I think is how well Brentford uses the flanks to spring attacks ahead. Adingra and Mitoma(injured?/so maybe Buonanotte) need to be handled and wingbacks as efficiently as possible need to comnect with Wissa and Mbuemo.

If Brighton have to start with Veltman RB and Milner LB they would be a bit flatter in support pushing up the field so Brentford could either beat them for pace or pin them back.

Comment

Saman starting against Brighton, 3 starts in a row now.

Comment

Potential with that line up that he’s playing left wing.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
              Potential with that line up that he’s playing left wing.
              You're right. They could lineup with Janelt at LB/LWB, and Roerslev as RB/RWB, which means Saman would be playing further up.

FWIW, LiveScore does have him playing LW.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post

You're right. They could lineup with Janelt at LB/LWB, and Roerslev as RB/RWB, which means Saman would be playing further up.

FWIW, LiveScore does have him playing LW.
                Frank very much has his formation that he likes. From the players in the starting line up Saman is the only one who could play on that left wing.

Comment

Game underway, Ghoddos is playing Left back?

Comment

Ghoddos playing at LB in a flat 4 back formation. I think that's a first..

Comment

Announcer says looks like a 442.

Ghoddos first touch is clearing ball away from pressure

Comment

Ye he’s gone two up top and Saman is playing left back looks like.

Comment

Ghoddos almost caught out over a bad turnover by Brentford midfield but Mitoma messed up the pass

I feel like Ghoddos is a FIfA career mode journeyman with every position he has played.

So far Ghoddos has been tidy
                          Last edited by perspolis#1; 12-06-2023, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Ghoddos holding his own against Adingra so far

Comment

Ghoddos shields off Adingra very well and gets a goalkick

Comment

Well, playing LB means more defensive duties and less offensive license, but Saman is doing well so far.

BHA is dominating possession, they will score soon...

Comment

Working...
                                X