Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2023-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post

You're right! Lol idk why I forgot about him and was mostly focused on ARJ, Ghoddos, Teymourian
    Teymourian had a MOTM performance with Bolton once.

Comment

The best thing with Saman is that unlike many other footballer in Iran, he has learned from the basics, you can see that when he touches the ball, when he moves without the ball, his shots, his passes, everything is according to the basics football rules, let alone his mentality. If there is one complete player in Iran, that would be him. Full package.

Comment

Originally posted by fairplay View Post
        I don't know what Frank sees in number 8 Jensen, except he is his country man, Saman is a much better and complete play maker than him
        He was a contender for player of the season last season and continually tops the charts for chance creation of players outside the traditional "top 6" clubs in the PL... I wasn't his biggest fan in their championship days and the first PL season as he was lightweight, endlessly wasteful on the ball and shirked challenges off the ball.

He's been a completely different player since, which might have coincided with Eriksen's 6 month stint at the club... if you just think he plays coz he's Danish, you're not watching the games. He's done more in that role against top PL opposition in the last 18 months than Saman ever did when he featured in midfield and attacking roles in the Championship.

Besides, Yarmolyuk will be his understudy when he returns to fitness and other players in the middle of the park are coming back to fitness (Baptiste, Damsgaard, Dasilva), so Ghoddos has no chance playing there again probably. If you want to see him in the team it will be as fullback/wingback cover or some sporadic appearances in a front three - this was why they resigned him, for his versatility to cover other positions in an injury crisis which has happened.

Comment

Im happy that Saman is playing. But also afraid so close to the Asian cup. He is injury prone and we simply cant afford to loose him to an injury. So Im afraid everytime he plays

Comment

They are really pushing Saman on all the Brentford social media channels.

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

Teymourian had a MOTM performance with Bolton once.
              He played amazing for Bolton, was one of their best players once he established himself. His injuries were brutal and ruined his longevity there unfortunately. He made such an impression even a few years after leaving Allardyce wanted to bring him back to the prem to play for Blackburn but Ando couldn’t get a work permit he will forever be my goat he was a flawless footballer I almost never saw a bad game from him ever and was pure class.
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post

He played amazing for Bolton, was one of their best players once he established himself. His injuries were brutal and ruined his longevity there unfortunately. He made such an impression even a few years after leaving Allardyce wanted to bring him back to the prem to play for Blackburn but Ando couldn’t get a work permit he will forever be my goat he was a flawless footballer I almost never saw a bad game from him ever and was pure class.
                his game had many flaws but in his prime (during and after the WC06) he was just about the only iranian who had the physical prowess, pace and stamina to properly compete in EPL .... Dejagha too but he was bit too fragile and injury prone yet he had far superior overall quality, technique, composure, vision to absolutely any other TM player at time his joining..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post

his game had many flaws but in his prime (during and after the WC06) he was just about the only iranian who had the physical prowess, pace and stamina to properly compete in EPL .... Dejagha too but he was bit too fragile and injury prone yet he had far superior overall quality, technique, composure, vision to absolutely any other TM player at time his joining..!

spot on. His performances at that World Cup got him that move to Bolton. I remember big Sam was a pundit on British TV in that game and I said to my friend as we were watching, "if he signs any Iranian player he'll sign Ando".

His game fit those battling lower table sides like Bolton. It was a shame he didn't have more of a career in England. I remember he went to Fulham and did nothing then had a brief loan at Barnsley.

I think Saman could have done a decent job 15-20 years ago in the prem coz it was a bit slower and half of the league would be short of a player with his technique and passing ability. As I've said before, I've seen enough of him live to know he doesn't have the attributes to be a starting midfielder or forward in the modern premier league but his heart and professionalism is what has led to this little purple patch (well... that and the injuries). I hope this all puts him in the shop window for another club in the summer and he doesn't just sit around eating Chelo Kebab and ploughing his Mrs for fitness.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post

I followed Ando closely during his Bolton era, from what I remember he never really established himself at Bolton. Mostly played in the league cup where most of his good games and goals came from and then got injured.
                    Your post sounds as if he ran that Bolton team lol

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post

spot on. His performances at that World Cup got him that move to Bolton. I remember big Sam was a pundit on British TV in that game and I said to my friend as we were watching, "if he signs any Iranian player he'll sign Ando".

His game fit those battling lower table sides like Bolton. It was a shame he didn't have more of a career in England. I remember he went to Fulham and did nothing then had a brief loan at Barnsley.

I think Saman could have done a decent job 15-20 years ago in the prem coz it was a bit slower and half of the league would be short of a player with his technique and passing ability. As I've said before, I've seen enough of him live to know he doesn't have the attributes to be a starting midfielder or forward in the modern premier league but his heart and professionalism is what has led to this little purple patch (well... that and the injuries). I hope this all puts him in the shop window for another club in the summer and he doesn't just sit around eating Chelo Kebab and ploughing his Mrs for fitness.

I actually think Saman would best fit in La Liga. Overall, EPL emphasizes being a good athlete over creativity, vision, flair, etc. a good amount of players in the league get a paycheck for simply being a good athlete with minimal footballing quality.

That being said, I still remember Ghoddos’ first start as a CM in the EPL against Aston Villa and he played well, but got relegated to the bench afterwards for no reason.

Just like how Saman has surprised many Brentford fans even as a wingback, I’m sure he would surprise further if he featured as a CM. The coach just needs to give him time, to help groom him into that position.

His weight & fitness was holding him back, but since now that’s corrected, he’s able to unlock his quality on the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post

I actually think Saman would best fit in La Liga. Overall, EPL emphasizes being a good athlete over creativity, vision, flair, etc. a good amount of players in the league get a paycheck for simply being a good athlete with minimal footballing quality.

That being said, I still remember Ghoddos’ first start as a CM in the EPL against Aston Villa and he played well, but got relegated to the bench afterwards for no reason.

Just like how Saman has surprised many Brentford fans even as a wingback, I’m sure he would surprise further if he featured as a CM. The coach just needs to give him time, to help groom him into that position.

His weight & fitness was holding him back, but since now that’s corrected, he’s able to unlock his quality on the pitch.
                        This 👍🏼
                        spot on…all of it ..!

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post

I actually disagree re him being perfect for La Liga. It's the most intense league in Europe for pressing, even more so that the PL. Technical ability is also plentiful in that league, he'd be much further down that player table on that than he is in the PL.

Whenever I've seen I'm play in a ball-playing position in the PL, he takes far too long with ball at his feet to play. You need intricate, one touch passing outside the defensive third of the pitch and he's never been able to show that with any consistency in his appearances. I'd say that and his lack of pace are his biggest weaknesses as to why he never established himself in the team, though you can get away with being a slow MF if you're quick with the ball at your feet.

On the flip side, his pressing has improved a lot but Jensen is the best in the squad at pressing and can transition defence to attack way quicker than Saman.

France was probably Saman's ceiling as a starting player. Maybe he could have developed more playing every week there and getting a move away to a better league if he had a good, stat worthy season.

This is probably the most technical the English top flight has ever been. You might have been right about that last sentence back when Ando was playing for Bolton, but as is probably the consensus here he was probably one of those players too. We've had much more cultured CMs and DMs in TM.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post

He was a contender for player of the season last season and continually tops the charts for chance creation of players outside the traditional "top 6" clubs in the PL... I wasn't his biggest fan in their championship days and the first PL season as he was lightweight, endlessly wasteful on the ball and shirked challenges off the ball.

He's been a completely different player since, which might have coincided with Eriksen's 6 month stint at the club... if you just think he plays coz he's Danish, you're not watching the games. He's done more in that role against top PL opposition in the last 18 months than Saman ever did when he featured in midfield and attacking roles in the Championship.

Besides, Yarmolyuk will be his understudy when he returns to fitness and other players in the middle of the park are coming back to fitness (Baptiste, Damsgaard, Dasilva), so Ghoddos has no chance playing there again probably. If you want to see him in the team it will be as fullback/wingback cover or some sporadic appearances in a front three - this was why they resigned him, for his versatility to cover other positions in an injury crisis which has happened.
                            The comparison is not fair, because Saman did not get a chance to show his quality in midfield, Jensen played every game ahead of him, if Frank was giving Saman a chance by playing him every game day in day out as Jensen was given, then his qualities would have at least been reviled.

Comment

Do you guys think he will start vs Shefield today?

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                                Do you guys think he will start vs Shefield today?
                                Shayad, Mbeumo asib dideh, Emkanesh hast Wissa beshe nok va Saman bele baale raast.
                                DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Working...
                                X