No announcement yet.

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2023-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His set pieces were 75% excellent, good pace and delivered into dangerous area. You would have expected at least one to result in a goal for Brentford.
    I thought he played quite well. He had good timing when it came to his forward passes and several of them resulted in dangerous chances. Played 3 different positions. Brentford honestly just shot themselves in the foot this game, gifted Wolves 3 goals, I mean absolutely gifted them with two of them being loose back passes and one being a returned goalkick that went straight to Hwang. Plus they created a boat load of chances which none of their forwards could put away. Tough tough loss.

Comment

Brentford’s 4th straight defeat, and currently 11th in the table. They’re not lacking hustle in the midfield, but vision & cleverness. Ghoddos needs to be in the midfield.

Comment

hwang's injury is not serious and he'll be ready for Asian Cup say's Gary O'Niel

He said: "Back spasm. He'll be fine for the Asia Cup, hopefully, we can get him back for our game as well against Everton. It's a tight turnaround but only a back spasm and he is moving slightly better now than when he came off, so let's see how he does these next couple days.

Comment

Player ratings

Brentford: Flekken (4); Roerslev (5), Collins (2), Pinnock (5), Ghoddos (6); Norgaard (6), Yarmoliuk (4), Janelt (6); Lewis-Potter (6), Maupay (6), Wissa (7)

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...o-another-loss

BRENTFORD (3-4-3): Flekken 5; Collins 2, Pinnock 5, Janelt 5; Roerslev 5 (Jensen 67min, 6), Norgaard 5, Yarmoliuk 5 (Damsgaard 45, 6), Ghoddos 5; Lewis-Potter 5 (Peart-Harris 86), Maupay 5, Wissa 6 (Olakigbe 86).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...eils-side.html

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Asian cup is terrible timing for him club wise!
            He finally found stability!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
              Asian cup is terrible timing for him club wise!
              He finally found stability!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              It won't matter really. There are enough Injuries in Brentford for him to have a starting spot when he gets back.

He can get some good offers next summer based on his performance this season.

Comment

I"m just glad he's getting consistent starts and playing time. Sure he might be out of position, but at least he's on the pitch.

Comment

I honestly did not view Saman at all as a utility player and saw no signs that he could even play CDM, pretty crazy to see him playing both LB and RB too (many fullbacks themselves can’t even play both wings). Good for him, the key is to get regular minutes for now. But overall not playing him further up does significantly restrict his ability to show his true strengths.
                  --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                  --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                  ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                  --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                  ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                    I honestly did not view Saman at all as a utility player and saw no signs that he could even play CDM, pretty crazy to see him playing both LB and RB too (many fullbacks themselves can’t even play both wings). Good for him, the key is to get regular minutes for now. But overall not playing him further up does significantly restrict his ability to show his true strengths.
                    He might be able to do more offensively playing as an 8 or 10 but I'd rather he play 90 minutes every week, at a higher level than he would anywhere else learning a new position and improving the defensive side of his game than sitting on the bench every week in then hopes of replacing Jensen for 7 minutes to play a more natural position.

If he were under 23, the positions he's playing in would be far more of a concern for TM as he'll never play there / is far too valuable given our weak midfield options. But he's 30 and not going to develop his offensive game much more so better he gets regular game time and match fitness than not, regardless where he plays in the outfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
                      Brentford’s 4th straight defeat, and currently 11th in the table. They’re not lacking hustle in the midfield, but vision & cleverness. Ghoddos needs to be in the midfield.
                      They're lacking in players. They have one of the worst injury lists in the PL, probably the worst if you consider player budget and squad depth. They pretty much have 8 of their first choice 11 out (Toney is the only one of those 8 not injured). Only Pinnock, Norgaard and Flekken would definitely play if everyone was fit. Janelt is a maybe.

Most of their players know the system but few of the player starting games at the minute have had a great deal of minutes in the last 2 years and they don't have the qualities that those are missing do.

Comment

Ghoddos starting as expected, the longest stretch of premier league starts by an iranian player

https://twitter.com/BrentfordFC/stat...96838797693419

Comment

They're playing 5-3-2 today, Ghoddos at LWB so should be a bit more advanced than usual at LB however in the Wolves game he was quite adventurous given that they were losing from early on and the fact that Frank changed his position twice.

As a prediction, I expect very few goals if any. If I were a betting man, I go with a 1-0 win for Palace but interestingly these two have drawn all 5 of their past PL games and they've been dull, goal-scarce affairs.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                            Ghoddos starting as expected, the longest stretch of premier league starts by an iranian player

https://twitter.com/BrentfordFC/stat...96838797693419
                            Lol interesting stat. Not really hard is it. I assume he overtook Dejagah. ARJ and Teymourian were never given a run in their respective sides and Bagheri played once for Charlton I believe.

Something to be said that the two most successful Iranians in the PL were developed in foreign countries.

Comment

1-0 to Brentford after 2 mins. Ignore my prediction

Comment

Aj aj, Ghoddos misses his guy who runs behind him and scores

Comment

Working...
                                X