No announcement yet.

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2023-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
      He also slipped on the ball and the Wolves player broke to hit the post when they were 3-1 down. He also put in some wayward set piece deliveries... But other than that he can hold his head up high with his performance tonight. Not a lot of Brentford players can say the same.

Desperate times for Brentford given recent results below them. I still think there are 3 worse teams that will struggle to pick up the same points tally by May, which Brentford should do from February once they have 5-6 first team players back.
      That was Damsgaard slipping

Comment

I watched all of Saman’s touches last game. What I love about him is how efficient he tries to be with his touches. No unnecessary dribbles, making the simple pass, and his balls in the box are good.

As far as Brentford’s midfield, they have good work-rates and play with assertiveness. However, Ghoddos offers good combination play, 1-2’s, and I think, would display more cleverness than the other midfielders.

There needs to be a petition going around to get this guy in the midfield…

Comment

Norgaard just went off for Brentford with what looks a bad injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
            Norgaard just went off for Brentford with what looks a bad injury.
            Yikes, they've really had terrible luck with injuries this year (which has worked in Saman's benefit).

Comment

Also. Stupid question. But Saman is suspended for 1 game due to yellow cards. Can he be deemed to serve that suspension while he's away for the Asian Cup?

Comment

Bees tie 1-1 (despite a red card to Wolves at 9').

No Saman. No Party.

Comment

Saman's goal at around 1:20 in this NBC Sports highlight titled 'Every Premier League team's best goal so far in the 2023-24 season'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqDPAkfB5Sw

Comment

I loved this interview from saman. As we all already have seen, saman confirmed that from day 1 of GN and his staff taking over they have given saman a very important role in the team and also talks about how it gave him confidence and enjoys being able to play freely

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...asian-31863199

also, one of the biggest reasons I have loved saman always is his mentality. The guy is a natural born winner and has the dog mentality….even though he definitely internally acknowledges there are teams that might have better coaches, deeper rosters with guys playing at the highest levels in Europe (SK, Japan), etc. he focuses on his team and acknowledges we have the quality to win it and believes in it. That is spoken like a true champion who showed up to Qatar with plans to leave with a trophy!

Saman shireh!!!
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                      I loved this interview from saman. As we all already have seen, saman confirmed that from day 1 of GN and his staff taking over they have given saman a very important role in the team and also talks about how it gave him confidence and enjoys being able to play freely

also, one of the biggest reasons I have loved saman always is his mentality. The guy is a natural born winner and has the dog mentality….even though he definitely internally acknowledges there are teams that might have better coaches, deeper rosters with guys playing at the highest levels in Europe (SK, Japan), etc. he focuses on his team and acknowledges we have the quality to win it and believes in it. That is spoken like a true champion who showed up to Qatar with plans to leave with a trophy!

Saman shireh!!!
                      Sepas for sharing!

Comment

Credit where credit's due with Ghalenoei here:

https://twitter.com/prznsoccer/statu...82247542124742

Despite hunting him for invite to national team when he was about to get a non-friendly cap for sweden (two friendly caps), Queiroz never had the faith in him to give him a real run in the team

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post

Saman shireh!!!
                          Great article, only wrong in it is that it says that saman is the only iranian ever that played in PL, Bagheri was the first and after him Ando.

Comment

Originally posted by Artaxerxes View Post

Great article, only wrong in it is that it says that saman is the only iranian ever that played in PL, Ando was the first.
                            Karim Bagheri was the first Iranian to play in the premier league

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

Karim Bagheri was the first Iranian to play in the premier league
                              My bad, true that, edited

Comment

Sergio Reguilon is close to joining Brentford. Some competition for Saman in the fullback and wingback positions.

Comment

Working...
                                X