Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2023-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clockwork View Post

He made the tackle but then tried to run it up the field until Scott McTominay pushed him off the ball which lead to another attack and goal
    That's true however Ghoddos bought the time for 9 other Brentford players to get behind the ball so I wouldn't say the resulting goal is his fault

Comment

Brentford should have secured game long before 70th minute.

So many chances wasted. Not sure what KLP has on saman tbh.

Saman played well when he came on, generally sharp on the ball despite frantic end to the game, had one great tackle on antony when he was last man, put ball back into dangerous zone for toney which ended up being the pre-assist for the equalizer.

Great to have him involved in key moments of these big games quite often this year.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
        Saman's made that goal. What an amazing ball to Toney
        Not sure I agree with that. It was a lofted ball into the danger area, sure... but it didn't leave Toney with any sort of shot at goal. He had to do a lot of footwork to move the defenders and fashion the chance he did for Ajer.

Still a great cameo for Saman for that and the big tackle. Not sure I agree he was to blame for the United goal because as others said, other players had the opportunity to get back and prevent the eventual pass from getting through to Mount in the build up play.

​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          So many chances wasted. Not sure what KLP has on saman tbh.
          I thought KLP had a good game at LWB. He put in a good shift to get forward, supporting the build up play and attacks while being part of a stern defence and provided good protection for Collins from the likes of Garnacho and Antony who had pretty quiet games.

Yet again he's been played out of position, a winger getting the ARJ at Brighton LWB treatment this season when he has played. The only difference is he's super quick so he tends to see more of the ball and be in action areas.

I'm not sure he'll make the grade in his preferred LW position so I wouldn't be surprised if he moves on in a year or two. May even drop back down to the Championship. He's still very young.

Saman should be playing RWB in place of Roerslev is my two cents. Don't know how that guy got called up to the Denmark squad the other week. He's not PL quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post

I thought KLP had a good game at LWB. He put in a good shift to get forward, supporting the build up play and attacks while being part of a stern defence and provided good protection for Collins from the likes of Garnacho and Antony who had pretty quiet games.

Yet again he's been played out of position, a winger getting the ARJ at Brighton LWB treatment this season when he has played. The only difference is he's super quick so he tends to see more of the ball and be in action areas.

I'm not sure he'll make the grade in his preferred LW position so I wouldn't be surprised if he moves on in a year or two. May even drop back down to the Championship. He's still very young.

Saman should be playing RWB in place of Roerslev is my two cents. Don't know how that guy got called up to the Denmark squad the other week. He's not PL quality.
            Ideally Saman best suited to Jensen’s general positioning & sorta attacking provider role ..!
            but I agree he’s a head shoulder better footballer than Roersleve too but again His quality and contribution will be limited in more defensive wingback role, right or left..!
            By the way, I couldn’t see the last match is there a replay of the second half at least somewhere !?
            Being versus Man United and all that you would think so?

Comment

I mean his ideal position would be right in front of noorgard but brentford play 2 striker system and he will not see minutes over Wissa, a returning Mbuemo, or Toney

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                Ideally Saman best suited to Jensen’s general positioning & sorta attacking provider role ..!
                but I agree he’s a head shoulder better footballer than Roersleve too but again His quality and contribution will be limited in more defensive wingback role, right or left..!
                By the way, I couldn’t see the last match is there a replay of the second half at least somewhere !?
                Being versus Man United and all that you would think so?
                Jensen is the creative player and had another good game against united, but he's not that advanced as most think. He's very much a central midfield. Saman is an AM for me.
                ​​​​
                Saman just isn't suited to Brentford or the Premier League. Nobody really sets up and has a playing style that's suits what he was when he came to Brentford. And for the ones that sort of do, he's not good enough to play for those teams or in place of those players. Like Maddison at Tottenham, Cole Palmer at Chelsea, etc. I think he should go to a big team in Greece or Turkey at this point in his career. A team that plays AM and is in European competition.

Not sure regarding highlights on the internet but channels usually replay the games. You'll only really get YouTube highlights. Try and find some extended ones. The general overview of the game is that Brentford wasted a lot of chances. They had 31 shots at goal, hit the woodwork a bunch of times... United were toothless bar the first 5 minutes and a few moments in the 2nd half... Looked to have absolutely robbed the points in stoppage time, then couldn't hold the lead for more than a minute.

Comment

Jensen is the creative player and had another good game against united, but he's not that advanced as most think. He's very much a central midfield. Saman is an AM for me.
                  ​​​​
                  Saman just isn't suited to Brentford or the Premier League. Nobody really sets up and has a playing style that's suits what he was when he came to Brentford. And for the ones that sort of do, he's not good enough to play for those teams or in place of those players. Like Maddison at Tottenham, Cole Palmer at Chelsea, etc. I think he should go to a big team in Greece or Turkey at this point in his career. A team that plays AM and is in European competition.

Not sure regarding highlights on the internet but channels usually replay the games. You'll only really get YouTube highlights. Try and find some extended ones. The general overview of the game is that Brentford wasted a lot of chances. They had 31 shots at goal, hit the woodwork a bunch of times... United were toothless bar the first 5 minutes and a few moments in the 2nd half... Looked to have absolutely robbed the points in stoppage time, then couldn't hold the lead for more than a minute.
                  I think his ceiling is higher than Turkey or Greece. We’ve seen enough of his performances with team melli to know he was always capable of more with Brentford, but it wasn’t until this season he’s had his best performances. Yet, he’s still being underutilized in a 15th ranked team.

He’s not that old, and I think with more reps in a midfield position with another club his game could improve even more.

Comment

​​​​

jenshit couldn’t hold Sammy’s jocks when it comes to creativity, vision & general class & calm n composure on the ball ..!
                    but he is bit faster/more spry & combative hence probably better suited to Frank’s & sorta in general EPL’s style of play ..!
                    Sammy would do best in slower & more technical league ..! Low-Mid table La Liga could be ideal !?

Comment

Comment

On bench and not subbed vs Sheffield today. They win 2-0

Comment

Comment

Well, I know we are pissed about his lack of playing time, but remember that he barely made it back on the team this season. He was basically in limbo for a while. And for them to be talking about an extension now, that is pretty good.

Comment

Great package for Saman. Brentford gym membership, season tickets, parking pass…

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                                Great package for Saman. Brentford gym membership, season tickets, parking pass…
                                u forgot the best part ... front row, center pitch-side premier seats to some 40 epl games ?

on the serious note, im pretty sure he'll jump on an extension deal...!!
                                he clearly likes the prestige of being part of the league, likely $exy pay-package and living in U.K.'s/Europe's largest metropolis..!

Comment

Working...
                                X