U17 World Cup in Indonesia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be a very difficult match!

Abdi better work hard to make the boys not take this lightly. It is elimination rounds and we could easily exit right here...which would be typical Iranian mentality of Abdi going from hero to zero!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Final brackets:

https://twitter.com/MenInBlazers/sta...78817913176135

Comment

I watched a lot of the highlights and I gotta say Razzaghina is such a complete midfielder. The kid stands out a lot to me, and that's already with impressive with people like Andarz, Shakouri, the left back, and Gholizadeh.

He's had over 10 key passes this tournament that have set up goal scoring opportunities, with 9 in the last match. That's crazy for a 17 year old tbh.

​​​​​The way he plays is like a true modern midfielder (Vahid Amiri/Late stage Taremi types) where he drops back to defend and then he assists a lot in build up play and knows how to position himself. I see this kid as one of the people getting trials/successful transfers after this tournament. Midfielders like that are super in demand by clubs in Europe especially.
        ​​​​
        ​​​​

Comment

Razzaghinia is another Kia product. His physical potential is incredibly impressive. Despite being so tall/big guy he covers ground very fast and has excellent timing in his tackles and defensive actions. He can get up and down the pitch and contribute on both ends and is proficient technically. If he can add a wider passing range to his arsenal in the coming years he will be an all action 8 who could make it at a very high level. He is one of the teams captains as well which shows his leadership characteristics.

Between him, Andarz, shakouri, kasra and gholizadeh this team has 5 phenomenal talents, in addition to many other good ones that currently are a level lower (zamani, sadeghi, nafari, zoleikhahi). Ghandipour can even be added to the first 5 but he hasn’t featured much, still he is the only one already getting semi regular Pgpl mins for peykan.

even chamanian team really had only 3 (taha, Delfi, allahyar).Their success was mainly down to strong collective understanding and great tactic selection of head coach. Interestingly for those worried about euro offers all 3 of those received euro offers, plus hosseinzadeh from cordoba in segunda division. Taha had official offer from villareal, and then trial later with psv eindhoven (with Mark Van Bommel u21 side). Delfi had PSV trial which was semi successful (invited back for second trial) but signed instead with Charleroi where Mazzu immediately started giving him regular mins and even starts. Hosseinzadeh tore ACL right before cordoba move but still ended up making it to eu a few years later.

The fact none of the 4 made it to regular TM callups at this stage is more their own fault (esp. in case of allahyar/hosseinzadeh) and combination of awful injury luck (Delfi, Taha) than anything else.

Comment

Fully agree with both of you. Razzaghnia is in my opinion the most complete Iranian player, if one considers both sides (with and against the ball).

I like also Barage. His mentality and the willingness to cover ground is priceless. Not sure if winger is the right position for him though. From a perspective view right defender could be more suitable.

Comment

Wayyy too early to jump to any conclusion who will be good or who will not!
              Even if this team make to semi it doesn't say much if few of this team one day will make it to senior or have a career in europe!
              Sardar, JB came from team which didn't have much junior level success and Delfi, Allahyar, Hosseinzadeh and Taha from team that destroyed Germany!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                Wayyy too early to jump to any conclusion who will be good or who will not!
                Even if this team make to semi it doesn't say much if few of this team one day will make it to senior or have a career in europe!
                Sardar, JB came from team which didn't have much junior level success and Delfi, Allahyar, Hosseinzadeh and Taha from team that destroyed Germany!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Ultimately the biggest enemy of Iranian youth is the stage between 17-23 where they suffer too many injuries/lack proper agents. You can see how Iranians have the natural talent to go at it with Brazil and England at this age. But after this our players won't have much support unless they move out of the country while Brazil/English players will start getting regular support with facilities/playtime/encouragement

Comment

Anybody know what kind of euro offers Arsha has got or is just rumors?

Comment

Live stream link for the upcoming game:
                    https://www.plus.fifa.com/en/content...e-df2865890884

Comment

Originally posted by don_corleone View Post
                      Fully agree with both of you. Razzaghnia is in my opinion the most complete Iranian player, if one considers both sides (with and against the ball).

I like also Barage. His mentality and the willingness to cover ground is priceless. Not sure if winger is the right position for him though. From a perspective view right defender could be more suitable.
                      Yes he fills the "vahid amiri" role for this team very well.

Comment

He can do it all. Win back balls, cut off dangerous passing lanes, create great opportunities through passes for teammates and score goals himself.

This profile has been most recently seen in Iranian football by one of our GOATs - Javad Nekounam​

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

https://www.irna.ir/news/85296349/%D...A7%D8%B4%D8%AF

full transcript of abdi interview. Great read.

Was never in his plans to come back to Iran to coach, was living his life in spain and coaching there...but when the opportunity to help his country's footballing future arose he had to accept. And when he accepted he accepted knowing all the limitations, and that bitching about them in public was not a reasonable way to go forward. Instead, he worked his ass off with what he had, personally scouted thousands of players and built a team capable of competing with the best in the world at this age group.

Many Iranian coaches/Iranian people in general should learn from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post

Ultimately the biggest enemy of Iranian youth is the stage between 17-23 where they suffer too many injuries/lack proper agents. You can see how Iranians have the natural talent to go at it with Brazil and England at this age. But after this our players won't have much support unless they move out of the country while Brazil/English players will start getting regular support with facilities/playtime/encouragement
                            Lack of playing actual football is big it becomes major issue as well for 17-23 year olds.
                            need to use league2 and league1 to keep players between 17 to 23 actively playing.....a player like mohebi started at 19 for tm played in league 2 and league 1....of course if they are good enough should go to europe but for other 90% must have system inplace to play in those 2 leagues.....

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post

Lack of playing actual football is big it becomes major issue as well for 17-23 year olds.
                              need to use league2 and league1 to keep players between 17 to 23 actively playing.....a player like mohebi started at 19 for tm played in league 2 and league 1....of course if they are good enough should go to europe but for other 90% must have system inplace to play in those 2 leagues.....
                              That's why I proposed some u23 teams in ipl or azadegan, that can't relegate (like porto B that can't promote)

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

That's why I proposed some u23 teams in ipl or azadegan, that can't relegate (like porto B that can't promote)
                                That's a really good idea, many leagues are like that actually. Take Rostami and Dostali with Pogon, they train with senior squads but play with their B teams in a lower league who are exclusively U21.

Our league should offer incentives to any teams who has a U21 and U17 team

Comment

Working...
                                X