Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hossein Mahini Interview on Varzesh Media.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hossein Mahini Interview on Varzesh Media.

Interesting interview with him which touches many subjects from the state of Iranian society to football.

I don't agree with assessment of Saudi Arabia's footballing investment, but other than he comes off very well thoughtful.

Also, after football360, Varzesh Media is coming out with some good interviews.
    These independent ventures go to show you the potential in Iran.

I've been a follower of Varzesh Media for a while now. They are by far my favourite outlet.

Comment

Originally posted by AhuraMazda1 View Post
      I've been a follower of Varzesh Media for a while now. They are by far my favourite outlet.
      I only heard about them because of the Hashemian interview.

Do you have any info on them? Who are they affiliated with? how they been around? etc...

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

Do you have any info on them? Who are they affiliated with? how they been around? etc...
        They've been around since 2018 I think.
        Very negative in general (in addition to being critical). They don't like anyone unless they've been kicked out or fired

No idea who they're connected to, but they must have sponsors to have lasted this long in Iran.

Comment

Same here, I have watched couple of episodes. The guy is really good and often have good guests.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

That's the thing. I think the presenter is as independent as they come judging by their content.

I don't know much apart from listening to his interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post

Same here, I have watched couple of episodes. The guy is really good and often have good guests.
              Dorosteh

Comment

One thing that didn't sit well with me.
                The host said Taremi said "I'm not political", but spoke with Mokhber about car import tax exemptions, so that's not fair.

It's a garbage accusation.

He was speaking to Mokhber before any of the 2022 protests, and it was related to the deserved bonus that TM players got for qualifying for the World Cup. In most countries players get paid cash as a bonus, in Iran you get a tax exemption for a car purchase at most.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  One thing that didn't sit well with me.
                  The host said Taremi said "I'm not political", but spoke with Mokhber about car import tax exemptions, so that's not fair.

It's a garbage accusation.

He was speaking to Mokhber before any of the 2022 protests, and it was related to the deserved bonus that TM players got for qualifying for the World Cup. In most countries players get paid cash as a bonus, in Iran you get a tax exemption for a car purchase at most.
                  Nokhdi jan, the players irritate and trigger the majority of people.

With this in mind, rightly or wrongly, the majority don't like seeing these very players get car permits while they have to drive over-priced and shoddy built vehicles.

Comment

With this in mind, rightly or wrongly, the majority don't like seeing these very players get car permits while they have to drive over-priced and shoddy built vehicles.
                    Furthermore, Taremi already said that he has been a friend of Mokhber's son for a long time and has used his connection to this Aghazadeh to pursue his bonus. Now Taremi has lived outside Iran for a while and is the most famous and richest active Iranian athlete...at least in the eyes of ordinary Iranians. Using your political connections to make a margin of a few thousands dollars out of a car does not look good anywhere. Imagine now the connection being the second highest rank in the executive branch of the government of a particularly hated president...before the Mahsa movement.

It wreaks, fairly or unfairly.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
                      Furthermore, Taremi already said that he has been a friend of Mokhber's son for a long time and has used his connection to this Aghazadeh to pursue his bonus. Now Taremi has lived outside Iran for a while and is the most famous and richest active Iranian athlete...at least in the eyes of ordinary Iranians. Using your political connections to make a margin of a few thousands dollars out of a car does not look good anywhere. Imagine now the connection being the second highest rank in the executive branch of the government of a particularly hated president...before the Mahsa movement.

It wreaks, fairly or unfairly.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Fair enough.
                      For me in the end, it was the TM players' right. I am not going to begrudge a professional athlete for pursuing their bonus in a country like Iran.

Comment

Working...
                      X