This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    Guys its Malaysia, Bahrain and Jordan made easy work of them but SK who actually has playmakers will struggle?
    Some of the takes during this tournament have been very strange

Comment

Tomorrow's games:
      Attached Files
      __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
      We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Here's the Bracket so far. I can update it after each match day.

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
          I don't know what happened to the thread we had, so let's use this one instead.

Today results:

Iraq vs Hong Kong 3-2
          Japan vs Indonesia 3-1
          🤣🤣
          ksa through uae fans highjacked the thread
          to an undisclosed location.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
            Here's the Bracket so far. I can update it after each match day.

Oman and bahrain should qualify tomorrow
            and 4 teams all Arabs will finish 3rd and advance.

Palastein, syria,jordan,oman...
            than add
            uae,qatar,jordan,ksa,iraq
            That's 9 out of 16 teams advancing in their own backyard.

Comment

Since it is much less likely for Jordan to beat Korea/japan in round of 16 by playing dirty/annoyingly, I rather just have Korea/japan play eachother in round of 16 and tire eachother out in a back and forth match before facing us in QF. If jordan ends up playing japan and japan just dominates them easily in 90 min, we would be mega screwed in QF.

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                Tomorrow's games:
                There is also r16 other games thread
                can that thread gets merged with this thread

Comment

Originally posted by arj42 View Post
                  Since it is much less likely for Jordan to beat Korea/japan in round of 16 by playing dirty/annoyingly, I rather just have Korea/japan play eachother in round of 16 and tire eachother out in a back and forth match before facing us in QF. If jordan ends up playing japan and japan just dominates them easily in 90 min, we would be mega screwed in QF.
                  Best scenario for tm
                  Jordan tops group tomorrow,
                  Jordan upset japan r16.
                  Tm vs jordan qf..

Worst scenario
                  Ksa lose to Thai
                  Come our side

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post

There is also r16 other games thread
                    can that thread gets merged with this thread
                    OK I did it
                    Last edited by webmaster; 01-24-2024, 08:32 PM.
                    We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

Comment

Just caught that Iraq vs Vietnam highlights from earlier...what in the actual hell are these decisions??? Vietnam got absolutely screwed over...that offside self goal should have counted and also that second penalty wasn't even a penalty.

Genuinely concerned at how bad the quality of VAR and referees have been this tournament and it kinda feels like it might be something that might screw us over in knockouts

Comment

According to my Korean colleague there are talks all over Korean sports media on how to avoid Japan.. apparently the team suffers from injuries to a bunch of their starters, mainly their both first and second goalie ..third back up goalie filling the spot. it is also pointed out that their weakest link is both left and right backs with no remedy in sight due to the injuries..

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
                        به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

I think the biggest challenge we have to win this tournament is not so much of stronger teams iike Japan or Korea or Saudis but more like how we are going to survive the corrupt referees and the VAR.

VAR is appearig to be this invisible hand with power over all rulings legitimiIng itself by displaying computer animations, no one knows how they are really made and no one has the rights to object to their accuracy.

We saw a clear example of this corruption in the game with UAE. Every time VAR was used the decision was against Iran. 3 Iran goals were rulled out without a doubt but a doubtful penalty was given to UAE without shame. Everything was at force to ensure UAE ends up second in the group.

I have a felling some teams will be reaping the benefit of VAR more than others in the next rounds.

Comment

Even though it’s done and over with, the decision to overturn Mohebi’s goal in the last match was absolutely atrocious. Hadn’t seen an egregiously bad call go against team melli like that in a long time.

Unfortunately, as others have mentioned, I don’t think this will be the end of VAR potentially screwing us over.

Comment

We better not make a fuss about it remember what Williams did after quieroz called him out. Lets just play
                              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
                                Even though it’s done and over with, the decision to overturn Mohebi’s goal in the last match was absolutely atrocious. Hadn’t seen an egregiously bad call go against team melli like that in a long time.

Unfortunately, as others have mentioned, I don’t think this will be the end of VAR potentially screwing us over.
                                That was a foul

Comment

Working...
                                X