This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oracle View Post
    Iraqis writing they wish more persians were gassed by Sadam it is crazy....

Hope they don't declare war.

World has had a soccer war before
    El Salvador vs Honduras
    baba relax, Iraq is basically Irans backyard

Comment

you really have to congratulate this Palestine team. Would love to see this go into extra time
      “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
        I'm getting a headache watching these camera angles
        Cameraman doing a good job finding the palestinians in the crowd

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
          Shame on Faghani, i feel sorry for Iraq, we are talking about sports, nothing than sports, how can you red card someone in this important gane when the jordanians had the same celebration ?
          In Sports if you do an eating motion and then motion to certain bodily areas you get in trouble.

Comment

El Salvador vs Honduras
            It's hilarious that they deny that happened but now just admit to it.

Iraqis not letting anyone who walks into Iraq take it over.

Challenge Impossible

Comment

It's hilarious that they deny that happened but now just admit to it.

Iraqis not letting anyone who walks into Iraq take it over.

Challenge Impossible
              I guess jasem ali talk of coming to pp is dead now🤣🤣

Comment

https://theathletic.com/5235593/2024...bration/?amp=1

The Athletic wrote an article about it and said the second yellow reasonably falls under "over celebration"

Now to wait for Iraqi fans to call the Athletic a secret Khomeini publication

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

Wouldn't be surprised if match officials told
                  him before the game. Jordan has lots of staff in administrative positions in afc, who know the rules and speak English well.

mesle federasione maa ye edde lashkhor o moftkhor nistand.
                  I think after that stupid Iranian celebration (crying) , AFC must have told the refs to crack down on any inflammatory celebrations.

Faghani must have thought that the Iraqi player was mocking the Jordanian celebration and produced the yellow/red.

Celebrate your goal but don't be a dumbass!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

El Salvador vs Honduras
                    what goes around, comes around ......
                    Former Socceroos striker John Aloisi claims referee Ben Williams held a grudge with Iran coach Carlos Queiroz, while ex-Australian goalkeeper Mark Bosnich labelled the controversial sending off in Friday night's quarter-final against Iraq at Canberra Stadium as ''embarrassing''.
                    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Ours was still worse. It was 40th minute not 80th. Not to mention we still took game to penalties meanwhile Iraq couldn’t even last 20 down a Player lmao

Comment

https://theathletic.com/5235593/2024...bration/?amp=1

The Athletic wrote an article about it and said the second yellow reasonably falls under "over celebration"

Now to wait for Iraqi fans to call the Athletic a secret Khomeini publication
                        Under IFAB’s Laws of the Game, Law 12 deals with ‘fouls and misconduct’ under which potential punishments for the ‘celebration of a goal’ are detailed.

The law states that a “celebration must not be excessive; choreographed celebrations are not encouraged and must not cause excessive time-wasting.”

Leaving the field of play to celebrate is not a cautionable offence, but the law clarifies how a player must be cautioned, even if a goal is disallowed, for the following:
                        • climbing onto a perimeter fence and/or approaching the spectators in a manner which causes safety and/or security issues
                        • gesturing or acting in a provocative, derisory or inflammatory way
                        • covering the head or face with a mask or other similar item
                        • removing the shirt or covering the head with the shirt

The one category to which Hussein’s celebration can reasonably be classified is under ‘gesturing or acting in a provocative, derisory or inflammatory way’.
                        __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                        We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
                          Ours was still worse. It was 40th minute not 80th. Not to mention we still took game to penalties meanwhile Iraq couldn’t even last 20 down a Player lmao
                          Our team was amazing. 90 minutes playing a man down and still tied it.
                          "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Shame on Faghani, i feel sorry for Iraq, we are talking about sports, nothing than sports, how can you red card someone in this important gane when the jordanians had the same celebration ?
                            Iraqi fans were making fun of Jordanians before the game saying they should just go eat their whatever cultural food it is with their hands. When Jordan scored they basically started showing that gesture emphasizing that they will eat their food with their hands and proud of it too.

Now when Iraq scored and started doing that that's a different story and it doesn't take a generous to understand that this is mocking a nation and different. The yellow card - was it harsh? Yes but well within the rules, similar to the penalty call that went against Iran vs UAE and Iran's goal that was not given later as well and many other scenarios.

tbh, I don't feel bad for Iraq at all as they have been assholes in their win and I do recall the kinda shit they were saying and how they were laughing their asses off acknowledging that the card we got was unfair. Additionally, though I know they don't represent the entire country and I have had many good iraqi friends, fuck those that talk about gasing and killing my people b/c of a soccer game.

If you like to play fair in a world full of assholes, then you're too naive.

Comment

Its not rocket science mahsa jan. It was jordians celebration of eating their traditional food. Aymen (iraqi) player mocked jordians with their celebration (thats why he did the exactly same thing) . HE also provoked their fans with that celebration as he did it infront of them. Hopefully you understand the difference now.

It has happened before in europe and its always a yellow card. Also i don't wanna talk about his time wasting with that celebration. Honestly if it was iran i would say the same thing. This is Iraq! they hardly play football! They always provoke their opponent .

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post

Under IFAB’s Laws of the Game, Law 12 deals with ‘fouls and misconduct’ under which potential punishments for the ‘celebration of a goal’ are detailed.

The law states that a “celebration must not be excessive; choreographed celebrations are not encouraged and must not cause excessive time-wasting.”

Leaving the field of play to celebrate is not a cautionable offence, but the law clarifies how a player must be cautioned, even if a goal is disallowed, for the following:
                                • climbing onto a perimeter fence and/or approaching the spectators in a manner which causes safety and/or security issues
                                • gesturing or acting in a provocative, derisory or inflammatory way
                                • covering the head or face with a mask or other similar item
                                • removing the shirt or covering the head with the shirt

The one category to which Hussein’s celebration can reasonably be classified is under ‘gesturing or acting in a provocative, derisory or inflammatory way’.
                                Thank you for posting this

Comment

Working...
                                X