This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mahdiyarnhg View Post

It wasn't the fact that he was eating, it was just imitating the Jordanian celebration (where their players sat together and all pretended to eat). Even if the celebration was done in front of Jordanian fans (which I'm not sure if it was or not), it is still a really soft yellow to give. Totally changed the game in favour of Jordan, although Iraq definitely didn't play their best game.

Also, Faghani's still classed as an Iranian in stats etc but is representing the Australian federation.
    iran does not recgonise dual nationality and thus we will also call him an iranian hero

Comment

If there was a conspiracy to screw iraq over thats the only referee who wudda done it for free and get away with it 😂😂😂
      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

some heavy duty anti-iranian stuff going on in twitter/insta - if you have iraqi pals best to avoid them for a few days

Faghani better pay for a bodyguard for a few weeks

Comment

Wow amaziing to see Iraq out...this tournament is definitely has had his surprises...i want to see Saudi beat Korea tomorrow and thailand beat Uzbekistan...

Comment

Iraq got a ridiculous amount of VAR decisions going their way in the group stage.

- Penalty not called on them when they fouled Japanese player. The ball seemed to go out of bounds when they scored the second goal.
            - Offside goal vs. Indonesia counted
            - Own goal they scored on themselves was erroneously taken away
            "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
              some heavy duty anti-iranian stuff going on in twitter/insta - if you have iraqi pals best to avoid them for a few days

Faghani better pay for a bodyguard for a few weeks
              So business as usual?

Why do They think violence is the answer to their feelings being upset? Thinskinned gonna thinskin

Comment

Wow, what a game and turnaround by Jordan. Justice for Iraq, so happy they are out! Finally no more big mouth talking. See them in 2026.

Comment

Faghani ruined the match. Even though I expected Jordan to win, Iraq got robbed. I didn't see the guy take his shirt off. Maybe his celebration was a bit long, but that should have been a warning.

Comment

Apparently, Aymen Hussein was pretending to eat Jordan's main dish - mansaf - and was doing it in front of Jordanian fans (provocation). If true, good second yellow card.
                    "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                      I hope Iran learns from this game. This is how to fight against all odds. Well done Jordan 🇯🇴

Koka i hope we can learn from this game to not get carried away or do something stupid again. For me It was iraq that lost to themselves and thats what has been happening to us in past few asian cup games .

Concentrate on the game, its full 90+ min , dont do anything stupid untill the game is over. Against uae we did some celebration which could easily give the refree some ideas to give us cards.

Comment

BTW, if an Iraqi ref did that to Iran, 90% of the this forum would be hurling racist abuse towards him. Let's not pretend that wasn't a massive fuck up by Faghani.

Comment

Originally posted by mahdiyarnhg View Post

It wasn't the fact that he was eating, it was just imitating the Jordanian celebration (where their players sat together and all pretended to eat). Even if the celebration was done in front of Jordanian fans (which I'm not sure if it was or not), it is still a really soft yellow to give. Totally changed the game in favour of Jordan, although Iraq definitely didn't play their best game.

Also, Faghani's still classed as an Iranian in stats etc but is representing the Australian federation.

Is mimicking the celebration of the opponent a card offence?

It's like when Mbappe mocked Haaland's zen pose for PSG vs Dortmund? No one even thought it was controversial.

I'm glad Iraq are out but still...

Comment

Faghani needs presidential secret service to survive. I hope his family is safe 😭

That red card is something Iraqis will never forget. Karma is real from 2015 🤣

According to the rules it's a textbook second yellow. Celebration was provocative to mock the Jordanians. Provocative celebration is a yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                              Apparently, Aymen Hussein was pretending to eat Jordan's main dish - mansaf - and was doing it in front of Jordanian fans (provocation). Good second yellow card.

its done now but if we had gotten a second yellow like that we would be just as pissed off, i hope faghani doesnt get sent home for this

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
                                Faghani helping our Tajik brothers by having Iraq's best player suspended for the QF.

Legend!
                                And then red carding him so they lose this game. Lol what a legend indeed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                                We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                                X