Iran vs. Turkmenistan March 21 and March 26 Pre-Match Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

I agree with most of all of the above but you are giving too much credit to our footballing minds and players when you say "we would learn from underestimating opponents".

This has continued to happen since I started following TM at the turn of the century. Multiple players ignoring the game and running to the referee to argue or in some players like Taremi's case...letting a chance go just so they can try and engineer a foul or penalty.

I lost count of how many times people have said "its only Bahrain" for us to go and tie them 0-0 etc.

These things plague our game and Arabs especially finally picked up on it more and are exploiting it which is why we get so many red cards now.

Tactically we are below average and unfortunately we rely on individual performances throughout our squad.

I've watched PGL and TM for many years and see the same mistakes with no learning curve.

If our players were mice trying to get the cheese through the door and getting shocked, they still try the same door everytime.

Some examples:

1) Wingbacks deciding they are Ronaldo/Messi and trying to dribble through 5 people in their own half and pushing up only to give up the ball and cause dangerous counter.

2) Centerbacks trying stupid acrobatic clearances for no other reason besides narekhari and then hurting themselves or giving away fouls. Same with our goalies esp Beiranvand this AC

3) Midfielders unable to beat a press and resorting to long balls and physical battles without even worrying about the 2nd ball. For comparison, a short team like Argentina knows they dont win the headers but set up in a way to pick up the 2nd ball and keep possession. We have zero midfielders capable of cleaning up the midfield

4) Wingers trying to do too much dribbling and ineffective crosses without considering where the danger zones are. I've watched crosses in PGL and TM go above everyones head or lobbed to no one or the opposite GK weekly for 20 years.

5) Strikers--> too many touches in the box. Not enough ruthless decisionmaking. Poor finishing. More focused on getting a penalty than a goal.

I couldn't have said it better....I highlighted some of those issues in my earlier post too. I call our playstyle 4-4-2 eshal version of GNs preferred 3-5-2. Good attack but the moment we get pressed it blows up with our incredibly bad defensive positioning and structure.

​​​​​​

Comment

Mansorian saying
      General in ss would take his belt out🤣 after defeat. And slapping players🤣

Comment

When is the Damn squad being announced

Comment

Originally posted by Kian H View Post
          Should have been announced by now.
          Intent was to release after the Derby.

Players already know who. For example Mohammad Ghorbani's club already announced he's been selected.

There will be at least 4 new players as the following can't join TM:

- Ebrahimi (retired from TM)
          - Majid Hosseini (injured)
          - Sadegh Moharrami (injured)
          - Aria Yousefi (injured)

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

Should have been announced by now.
            Intent was to release after the Derby.

Players already know who. For example Mohammad Ghorbani's club already announced he's been selected.

There will be at least 4 new players as the following can't join TM:

- Ebrahimi (retired from TM)
            - Majid Hosseini (injured)
            - Sadegh Moharrami (injured)
            - Aria Yousefi (injured)
            Prepare to be disappointed as we start a full strength lineup against Turkmenistan

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post

Prepare to be disappointed as we start a full strength lineup against Turkmenistan
              That is ok ONLY if we beat Turkmenistan x2 and qualify early.

That way we can pick whoever we want against Hong Kong and Uzbekistan and actually try to change the squad.

The toxic culture of "one loss and one draw" fired is truly a boneheaded thing our football has. I would rather break in a few new players than get useless wins in a no stakes game

Comment

We have more than enough quality to give young players a chance and still comfortably win all of those games except maybe Uzbekistan. I expect Hazbavi, Hosseinejad, and Ghorbani to be given chances at the bare minimum finally. Its not like we're starting literal kids...these players are experienced and have contributed in ACL for their clubs

Comment

Sunday

Comment

This trend of waiting till last 3-4 days before first game to release list needs to die

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post
                      This trend of waiting till last 3-4 days before first game to release list needs to die
                      Bro its because our squad selections are often such examples of a footballing masterclass...

Comment

Azmoun is iran player of the year.
                        biravand is goli of the year

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post
                          Azmoun is iran player of the year.
                          biravand is goli of the year

Sad state of affairs when our best player of the year is bench warmer at Roma and best goalkeeper of the year has more goals conceded than Pourhamidi

Comment

Still no squad list? 3 days before a World cup qualifiers. Haha imagine this happening in an European country

Comment

Still no squad list? 3 days before a World cup qualifiers. Haha imagine this happening in an European country
                              Tonight

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post

Tonight
                                What kind of coach officially unveil the list only couple of hours before the start of the camp? He really need to hide until the last second he will not rejuvenate the squad and take some old/middle age IPL crap instead?

Edit : the list is out, bar noorafkan what a list! Congrats GN

Comment

Working...
                                X