YADEGAR ROSTAMI 2023-2024 (LKZ LODZ)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShiroKhorshid View Post
    Rostami is a very capable player. The transition from youth to senior football isn't always easy and might take a bit longer for certain players. Lewandowski at 20 was playing in the 2nd tier of Poland. Taremi was playing in Azadegan until he was 22.

Then again you have lots of examples of players who at 17 or even 16 had their first senior matches in top leagues, but didn't even turn into half the players that Lewandowski and Taremi became. I definitely have high hopes for Rostami. His technique, passing, vision and eye for goal is very promising.

Hopefully by next season he will get more playing time in the polish top flight. He could be an interesting option for our 2026 team.
    Absolutely. I'm not writing him off at all.

Just that at the moment he isn't close to being TM ready.

Comment

He will be back in Iran, will be included in some crappy IPL squad, play couple games and will disappear!
      Deja vu!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He will be returning to Pogon and will be with the first team now that his loan to Lodz his over. He didn't do too bad with them, Lodz sent him to their youth team and he ended the season with 7 goals and 1 assist across all his games in the youth team.

His tally comes to 22 goals scored and 1 assist total in 2 seasons in Poland's youth league.

I'm somewhat sure that he will get his big call up this season to the senior squad permanently because the only reason he did not last season is that the midfield at Pogon was already quite stacked. The coach is quite fond of Rostami and gave him minutes in conference league as well.

Comment

Update got curious about him so I went and looked up recent info about him: The club released an article in Polish talking about how Rostami will fit into their plans later on in the second half of this season as their senior midfielders retire. In the meantime, they want him to continue developing, so they are working to give him a half a season loan to a newly promoted team in Polish league, Stali Stalowa Wola.

In regards to performace, he's been his usual self in youth leagues in mean time, consistently scoring 1-2 goals every few games.

Whatever happens though, his future is gonna be decided this season if he will stay Pogon, go to another club, or dwindle to IPL or something lol. He has a lot of talent, he is still one of our biggest prospects to me, very smart and intelligent player with lots of engine

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post
            Update got curious about him so I went and looked up recent info about him: The club released an article in Polish talking about how Rostami will fit into their plans later on in the second half of this season as their senior midfielders retire. In the meantime, they want him to continue developing, so they are working to give him a half a season loan to a newly promoted team in Polish league, Stali Stalowa Wola.

In regards to performace, he's been his usual self in youth leagues in mean time, consistently scoring 1-2 goals every few games.

Whatever happens though, his future is gonna be decided this season if he will stay Pogon, go to another club, or dwindle to IPL or something lol. He has a lot of talent, he is still one of our biggest prospects to me, very smart and intelligent player with lots of engine
            Thanks for the update. He is 20 and will be 21 in January! At this stage he should try and leave to anywhere else in Europe as they keep kicking the can down the road with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

Thanks for the update. He is 20 and will be 21 in January! At this stage he should try and leave to anywhere else in Europe as they keep kicking the can down the road with him.
              Exactly... If he's struggling to get minutes in a garbage league, then he might not be as promising of a prospect as some make him out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

Exactly... If he's struggling to get minutes in a garbage league, then he might not be as promising of a prospect as some make him out to be.
                He was very promising, but I still stand by what I said back in March. He only played 22 minutes at LKS Lodz and was moved to their reserve team, where he also didn't feature as a regular starter. Since March, he has scored only 1 goal in all leagues, so I'm not sure where the 1-2 goals every few games claim comes from. He did great in the youth league in 2022, but he hasn't played in the youth leagues since then. He's still young, so who knows, but I see a Younes Delfi 2.0 scenario coming up. I hope I'm wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

This coach is very ageist, the average starting age of their team is like 30 in the league. He thinks that players need to develop until like 23. I personally think he should leave too, because he's held hostage in youth league where he keeps banging in goals but it's still a youth league

Comment

Originally posted by ShirFarhad View Post

He was very promising, but I still stand by what I said back in March. He only played 22 minutes at LKS Lodz and was moved to their reserve team, where he also didn't feature as a regular starter. Since March, he has scored only 1 goal in all leagues, so I'm not sure where the 1-2 goals every few games claim comes from. He did great in the youth league in 2022, but he hasn't played in the youth leagues since then. He's still young, so who knows, but I see a Younes Delfi 2.0 scenario coming up. I hope I'm wrong though.
                    He ended last season having played approx. 1000 minutes across all teams Pogon 2 and LKS Lodz 2, with 4 goals, 1 assist. So he had a contribution every 180-200 minutes or so. Right now, he has 1 goal in his first full start since the league began.

It's a very strange situation, it seems like he has consistent contributions whenever he starts but that there is something else behind the scenes. Whenever I look into him, a lot of Polish media mention he was in some sort of controversy or something during the teams Turkish camp last year and that's why the coach dropped him after giving him time in Europa League last season. Though I can't find anything more about it for some reason 🤣

Comment

Working...
                    X