The "I was wrong" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "I was wrong" thread

This is a thread for us to point out if we were wrong about something in football.

I'll start:

- Ghaedi is a decent player versus less technical, slow teams, even if physical. I believed he shouldn't be in TM, but I was wrong.

- Bashar Rasan was a good player for Persepolis . Persepolis had so many horrible foreign players that I was very skeptical of any of them being good. I was wrong!

There are other ones I have and I will refresh as I remember.

^ it will be a deserted thread bro. Unless they just want to prove me wrong by posting something.. but hey I have been the webmaster for a long long time here. :-)
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

I was wrong:

1) Ghaedi is decent against certain teams that are slower and weak to technical dribblers. I thought he genuinely couldn't cut it against a UAE or Qatar. Where for the former he did, and for the latter very well could have.

2) Ezatolahi is still Iran's best deep lying midfielder(begrudgingly so) no matter how k*** goshad he is.

3) Iran-Morocco game, when I saw Cheshmi and Ansarifard show up on the stadium screen as part of the lineup I was fearfully telling the fan section I was in we are probably going to lose just off the lineup . Was totally wrong on that account.

4) I was against Mahdavikia's return to Persepolis because I wanted to move on and have new talents. Based on all I have seen since I was a teenager then.. all structural, academic, and player pool facts indicate that in Iran we are incapable of producing well balanced wingbacks LB or RB at to the senior level. Not only did Mahdavikia have great moments in his return to Persepolis(including the 3-2 Eamon Zayed game vs SS) but he also showed what things we should have in an experienced RB(which we never had after).

Comment

I was wrong to yell at Cheshmi when he was subbed on during the Iran-Wales game!

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
          ^ it will be a deserted thread bro. Unless they just want to prove me wrong by posting something.. but hey I have been the webmaster for a long long time here. :-)
          Webbie jan, we have to lead by example for the youth!

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            I was wrong to yell at Cheshmi when he was subbed on during the Iran-Wales game!
            I did this one too.

I was wrong to think that Ramin should not have been in the World Cup squad.

Comment

I was wrong thinking that CQ was the main reason we never won in big games during his tenure. IRI is the main reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

Webbie jan, we have to lead by example for the youth!
                Our youth need to look back more than looking forward before anything. But maybe you are right. I have given up on them already. Thanks.
                We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

Comment

- Taremi: Prior to his move to Rio Age, I thought he was average at best. He's obviously proven me wrong as the most well-rounded forward Iran has ever produced.

- Nekonam: When he started his management career I thought he was going to end up being a model for Iranian coaches. I wrongly assumed having played alongside Spanish NT legends, he would be a professional, but boy was I wrong. His personality reminds of coaches I dislike like Mourinho and Sergio Conceicao.

- Foreign coaches: I used to be the type of person who thought all Iranian managers are trash compared to their European counterparts, but now think we have some decent domestic managers that are as good if not better than a lot of foreigners TM or clubs (Wilmots, Stramma Calderon, Toshack, etc...) are willing to overpay for.

Comment

I thought this last world cup was the one that we would not only make it to the next round, but maybe even the semis. I figured we had almost a home field advantage and the best legionnaires in a long time...but I was wrong.
                    I was also gonna clean my room...but I got high.

Comment

I was wrong once: I thought I'd made a mistake! 😂😂😂

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

I was wrong about Moghanlu - thought he would be much more of an impact player for TM... but he's sucked.

Comment

I am wrong to keep supporting team melli
                          WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                            I was wrong about Moghanlu - thought he would be much more of an impact player for TM... but he's sucked.
                            when he was in Malavan I was sure he was going to be an amazing TM player. But after he flopped so hard in Portugal it was clear he is not above the Asian level.
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I was wrong about Karim ansarifard
                              I thought when I set and done he be close to daie
                              Goals record

Comment

Working...
                              X