The "I was wrong" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    This is a thread for us to point out if we were wrong about something in football.

I'll start:

- Ghaedi is a decent player versus less technical, slow teams, even if physical. I believed he shouldn't be in TM, but I was wrong.

- Bashar Rasan was a good player for Persepolis . Persepolis had so many horrible foreign players that I was very skeptical of any of them being good. I was wrong!

There are other ones I have and I will refresh as I remember.
    I wonder if and when you'll add your stoic defence of Beiranvand in any thread where he is criticised 🙂

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
      I am wrong to keep supporting team melli
      I will put that under mental illness for you and I.

Comment

I was wrong to assume in the Skocic era that CQ would be the solution to all our TM problems. As much as I love him and what he’s done for our football, unfortunately it was his poor tactics that led to us losing the US game and missing a golden chance to make it to next round.

Comment

Originally posted by aria32 View Post
          I was wrong to assume in the Skocic era that CQ would be the solution to all our TM problems. As much as I love him and what he’s done for our football, unfortunately it was his poor tactics that led to us losing the US game and missing a golden chance to make it to next round.
          It was the fact that he was hired 1 month prior to world cup, that caused us to play poorly.

Do you expect a coach to change the way TM had played for 3 years with skocic/wilmots, within 1 month?

Anyways, here's where I was wrong: I thought that even under Ghalenoi, we'd at least dominate / put multiple goals past teams like Hong Kong, Syria, Qatar, but we absolutely sucked and barely managed to score goals. Even vs Syria we only scored a penalty....vs Qatar 1 goal besides the penalty .... Japan 1 Goal besides last second penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

I wonder if and when you'll add your stoic defence of Beiranvand in any thread where he is criticised 🙂
            This is my defense of Leningrad maaan!

Comment

- Most recently, I was wrong to say Ghaedi shouldn't have been anywhere near TM when he in fact performed very well in Asian Cup

- I was wrong to be annoyed Queiroz within 2012-2013 without seeing the fruits of his skeleton building when we performed way above my expectations for 2014 WC

- I was wrong to believe something will come out of our golden generation of 22-23 year old players in 2004-2005

- I was wrong to believe bringing in new blood at key moments is crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

This is my defense of Leningrad maaan!
                I think you and Kateb are the only ones left on PFDC who are still backing him
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I naturally have no contributions to make to this thread..!
                  But I promise to keep thinking hard to see if I there ever was a time that I was totally wrong about anything in relation to our football ..!?hum..????

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post

I think you and Kateb are the only ones left on PFDC who are still backing him
                    I back him too!!! Niazmand didn't convince. Abedzadeh didn't convince. Hosseini didn't convince. I don't know the new guys but when every coach selects him as their number one...he is our number one. One or two bad games don't mean much.

He won't be my number one when he is permanently dropped to the bench at PP or TM.

He is not a great keeper but neither is any of our other experienced choices!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

I was wrong to fall in love with TM starting in 1997/1998.

Now, a quarter century later, I'm like an addict that can't wait till the next hit, even though I know the highs are short and the withdrawals are excruciating.

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
                        I back him too!!! Niazmand didn't convince. Abedzadeh didn't convince. Hosseini didn't convince. I don't know the new guys but when every coach selects him as their number one...he is our number one. One or two bad games don't mean much.

He won't be my number one when he is permanently dropped to the bench at PP or TM.

He is not a great keeper but neither is any of our other experienced choices!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
                        I also back beiranvand! He's not great but he's our best, and that's the reality.

He makes big mistakes and also makes big saves... This is simply the best we have.

There's a reason why every single coach sees all our keepers and still picks him.

You can complain all about his mistakes but let's not forget what happened when abedzadeh and hosseini ABSOLUTELY sucked when given the chance. Niazmand I'm not too sure of but again, every Coach picks beiro.... And they know better than all of us combined.

Comment

here is one ..
                          thought Niazmand was a hopelessly shitt keeper and he surprised me with his much more poised and decent overall more recent performance in TM..!!
                          He really was horrible in the one chance he got in TM under Skoochers and in his portugal spell..!!
                          also ...
                          i didnt think ghaedi deserve a AC spot, coming outa nowhere after a long spell away from TM..! i wouldnt say he shocked me at AC .....! knew he was good at slotting in and exploiting defensive soft spots but he sure surprised me with his Efficiency uptop..!! b4 ac he was annoyingly missing so many open goal easy chances in friendlies that it was hard to assume he wouldnt choke again if presented with similar chances in a far more stressful AC competition settings..!!
                          i still take Mohebi over him 8 outa 10 times as LW attacker..!!

Comment

i agree that most our top keepers are Overall more or less the same level ..!
                            some just have different pluses or minuses as opposed to the other 2 vying for th starter status..!
                            i think Bey originally got the starting nod more frequently due to his superior height n stature, confidence/often bordering arrogance and now gets the nod more frequently by different coaches by virtue of his acquired Experience..!!

personally preferred the more rotational keeper system of skoocher..!! it kept all 3 on their toes and scared of wetting the bed..!!

Comment

When mirzapour played all those minutes
                              ,IRAN DIDNT HAVE any other goali that QUALFIED to play.
                              Between 1984-88 tm had same problem.

Comment

This pains me to say but I was wrong thinking that Taremi is Iran's GOAT

Comment

Working...
                                X