2024 futsal world cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the Venezuela match:

“The first few minutes were difficult for us, but then we adjusted and started to play better. The coach said it would be important for us to take advantage of Venezuela's first mistake, and that’s what we did. Then the game opened up for us.” Behrooz Azimi, Iran pivot

“We knew we were playing against a very strong team and that we would have to take advantage of any chance we had. They are futsal powerhouses, but I also leave the court thinking that we could have done more. There is a bit of a bitter taste, but now we have to move ahead.” Milton Francia, Venezuela fixo

Iran tied their all-time biggest win in the FIFA Futsal World Cup. They beat Cuba by the same score in 1996.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
      TM matches against Guatemala and France are both on FS2. I have it on my satellite provider in US. Check your local provider.

Also, these matches are at 5:30 am PST and 8am PST, respectively. So if the khabaloo west coasters (like me) are up by then, you can watch live.

Enjoy!
      Ang God created tvo for west coasters for 5:30am matches.

Comment

Iran beat Guatemala 9-4. They were tied 3-3 at half and Iran kicked it to another gear in the first few minutes of the 2nd half.

Comment

It is funny some of us are talking about finishing 2nd in our group etc to avoid facing tougher teams... it is this kind of mentality that has been our achillies heel.

Comment

^^weak performance again. France will be a good game to gauge our level.
            IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by shahin2000 View Post
              It is funny some of us are talking about finishing 2nd in our group etc to avoid facing tougher teams... it is this kind of mentality that has been our achillies heel.
              Seriously, its the half assed approach to everything. You could see even vs Qatar their players wanted to win it more, we looked like we took them lightly and paid for it

Comment

The Guatemala match was way more one-sided than the half time score or full time score indicate. TM had 74 total shots to 28 from Guatemala. Our possession was completely dominant. At least two TM players got their second group stage yellow (likely deliberately to clear them for the KO stage), and will miss the France match. Overall, great run so far.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                  The Guatemala match was way more one-sided than the half time score or full time score indicate. TM had 74 total shots to 28 from Guatemala. Our possession was completely dominant. At least two TM players got their second group stage yellow (likely deliberately to clear them for the KO stage), and will miss the France match. Overall, great run so far.
                  Guatemala and France was same way.
                  Guatemala ran out of gas second half.
                  Hope we lose to France and go to the other side bracket.....I given my opinion of taking the best easier road to achieve the most a team can and sticking with my strategy.

Comment

Post-Match (Iran vs. Guatemala)

“We won the game, but my face shows what I thought about our performance. I don’t like to think about what has happened here. I felt my players are thinking they are above the game, and there is no place in my team for that. This is my fault. But at least we won and we are qualified.” Vahid Shamsaee, Iran coach

“We managed to stick to our game plan in the first half and execute it very well, making the most of the counter-attacks. But we made some mistakes early in the second half, and Iran are simply an unforgiving team.” Mavin Sandoval, Guatemala winger

Stat
                    Iran have only scored more goals in a FIFA Futsal World Cup game once. A hat-trick from the legendary Saeid Rajabi Shirazi helped them sink Paraguay 10-6 at Hong Kong 1992.

Comment

Regarding France and our group:
                      I wondered a bit about France's performance recently, seems like they are investing heavily into Futsal, here an article in German saying that they started investing a lot since 2022.
                      https://www.footboom1.com/de/news/fo...-bet-on-futsal

Long-term planning from the French federation:
                      https://uk.fff.fr/article/142-plan-d...nt-futsal.html

Based on FIFAs own futsal ranking, France is currently ranked 10th (Uzbekistan 11th, Thailand 9th).
                      With the same two oppononets we only had 4 more goals, not sure whether this will be an easy game - but as said in the very beginning of the thread, I would preferably take the path as 2nd of the group.
                      Venezuela overall did not make a very good impression, considering being 3rd (only losing 3-0 to Brazil) in LATAM/CONMEBOL.

Found Tajikistan and Afghanistan very impressive until now, but I really do not know whats up with Uzbekistan? Thailand also did a good job till now.

Does anyone know what happened to Roonba? It was the best website to check Futsal and Beach Soccer results.

Last random info - I calculated the sum and average ranking of each group (sum of ranks / average rang)
                      A - 91 / 22.75 (most balanced group)
                      B - 104 / 26 (most unbalanced group)
                      C - 94 / 23.5
                      D - 80 / 20
                      E - 86 / 21.5
                      F - 75 / 18.75 (strongest and close to most balanced group) - our group

Comment

I have been impressed with Kazaks' goalie... I know he is Brazilian... my goodness nothing gets by him.

Comment

Has anyone watched the Afghan-Argen game? Afghanistan was tied 1-1 and lost only 2-1. That is huge! Argentine is really good and to hold them to only 2-1 with a team of basically amateurs shows a lot of heart.

Good for them!
                          Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Uzbekistan lost to Costa Rica and are out. Disappointing performance from them. Hosting the games and not being able to finish 3rd in the group for a chance of a play off.
                            IRI = FAILED

Comment

Brazil’s GD in the group stage was +27!!!

Comment

FIFA should stop making host countries Seeded, and just go off the rankings !!

, look how weak Uzbekistan was last place in their group at home ! , now the whole draw is missed up ,,, if Iran wants the easier path to the finals, it be better that they throw their last game against France and lose 1-0 or 2-1 , or else the have Morocco , brazil , Spain just to make it to the final ,,,. Way hard ,

but if they finish 2nd then. They get Thailand Paraguay t Argentina. ?!?

what you guys think ?!?

Comment

Working...
                                X