Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post

I disagree with this bit.
    Are your childhood and teenage years important for development of the fine motor skills and in-game awareness that we usually lump under the guise of 'technique'? Absolutely. But, you still can form pathways in your cerebellum that fine tune your game well into your 20's and 30's. We see this all the time in other sports for instance. A classic example is the NBA. How often do you hear about a player practicing his 3 pointer over the summer, and coming back the next year with a better all-round game? Similarly, a footballer can always improve specific aspects to their game like weight of pass, first touch, pitch awareness. I think the problem in our football is we have the psychological pressure of high level teams, a toxic media culture, under-qualified coaches, and as a result we get clubs who do not put a great emphasis on engaging in younger players and do not have the patience to coach them and develop them. Older players similarly do not have a growth mentality and become fixated on results oriented behaviors when in reality they don't realize that they still have potential.
    You allude to a lot of the faults our players have adjusting their game due to being results oriented which is certainly true and a continued issue.

Our players have zero incentive to do these things you see elsewhere.

Who was the last player who did a Summer training and came back a vastly improved player?

The start of the training is poor in Iran and largely based off of individual talent with the few exceptions.

Technique building is a bit different than a lack of classical conditioning.

Have you seen players in PGL take long shots/volleys?

For the last 20 yrs I have not seen any improvement in the technique of shots from outside the box or volleys.

If a ball is bouncing upward they still shoot it launched into the sky. Such a simple concept they dont get. Hajsafi is almost our most capped and still does it wrong.

I know Semipro people who have quicker learning curves with shooting.

These are the basics that keep countries competitive. The things countries like Japan and Croatia teach everyplayer not just striker.

Comment

Working...
    X