AFC Champions League ELITE™ ¦ 2024 - 2025

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post

Correction: I checked transfermarkt and their average age is now 25 but my point still stands...
    You misunderstand.

They are not 25 average age. It doesnt matter what else they say. There is a reason most Iraqis retire at "33"

Comment

20 year old Jasim in Serie A with Como 1907, 21 year old Iqbal in Eredivisie with Utrecht, 22 year old Ali in Eredivisie with Herenveen, and a few other players scattered around Denmark and Swedish first leagues. All these players are 23 or younger and one of the reasons why Iraq has been having a relatively competitive resurgence in recent times like winning the "gulf" cup (lol) and beating teams like Japan and Saudi. They've essentially been fielding a U25 team the last 20 games besides a few regulars like Aymen Hussein.

Meanwhile all of our boys are going to Russia and god knows what will happen. Our only top flight legionnaire is Taremi and the other 2 (Ghoddos and ARJ) are basically leftovers for low tier clubs to pick up
      Como Utrecht and heerenven are top clubs? In two seasons they will play in pantelikos in greece before going to Qatar or uae at "27"

Comment

20 year old Jasim in Serie A with Como 1907, 21 year old Iqbal in Eredivisie with Utrecht, 22 year old Ali in Eredivisie with Herenveen, and a few other players scattered around Denmark and Swedish first leagues. All these players are 23 or younger and one of the reasons why Iraq has been having a relatively competitive resurgence in recent times like winning the "gulf" cup (lol) and beating teams like Japan and Saudi. They've essentially been fielding a U25 team the last 20 games besides a few regulars like Aymen Hussein.

Meanwhile all of our boys are going to Russia and god knows what will happen. Our only top flight legionnaire is Taremi and the other 2 (Ghoddos and ARJ) are basically leftovers for low tier clubs to pick up
        Crazy the hype you believe for Iraq but act so down on our players and teams.

you’re listening to too many Iraqi social media accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

Como Utrecht and heerenven are top clubs? In two seasons they will play in pantelikos in greece before going to Qatar or uae at "27"
          lol we are the only people who look at teams who play in Serie A and Eredivisie and call them not top teams. Meanwhile we get happy some youth goes to a russian dehat. The status quo of Iraq being awful isn';t going to be the same forever. They're a team that is young, with several players playing in those aforementioned leagues. They're also playing competitively against Asian giants as seen before. I'm not calling them the best in the world, im just saying this young team is showing a lot of promise and we should stop "underestimating" them. A lot of people here will come here and self-hate when Iraq progresses past us in a few year like it came out of nowhere or something when you can see the writing on the wall

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

You misunderstand.

They are not 25 average age. It doesnt matter what else they say. There is a reason most Iraqis retire at "33"
            Ah ok should have said its a conspiracy theory before hand

Comment

lol we are the only people who look at teams who play in Serie A and Eredivisie and call them not top teams. Meanwhile we get happy some youth goes to a russian dehat. The status quo of Iraq being awful isn';t going to be the same forever. They're a team that is young, with several players playing in those aforementioned leagues. They're also playing competitively against Asian giants as seen before. I'm not calling them the best in the world, im just saying this young team is showing a lot of promise and we should stop "underestimating" them. A lot of people here will come here and self-hate when Iraq progresses past us in a few year like it came out of nowhere or something when you can see the writing on the wall
              Man are you dating an Iraqi girl and she made you write this ?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

He's right

Iraq's football is on the come up and we're on the downturn. That's a fact. We can be blindly supportive or face reality

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post

He's right

Iraq's football is on the come up and we're on the downturn. That's a fact. We can be blindly supportive or face reality
                  I’ve been hearing this crap since 2007.

I will continue to be respectful of any opponent, but will focus on teams that have long term planning, consistency, discipline, strong mentalities, and not just hyped by Swedish Iraqi diaspora.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post

He's right

The only thing that is on the up is their average age once adjusted for falsification of documents

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

The only thing that is on the up is their average age once adjusted for falsification of documents
                      You can choose to live in denial or live in reality. They would've made it far in the AC if it wasn't for that bone headed red card

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

No I just follow them closely as I do other Asian teams and see the money their federation is spending on youth development, coaching, and stadiums. I also watch a lot of euro football so I see their legionnaires and they are pretty good. Two of the youngest teams in AFC are Iraq and Indonesia who are both essentially U23 teams and are already achieving big wins like beating Saudi and Japan.

I'm pretty sure we would lose to them if we play anything but our strongest lineup at our current point in time. But I don't need to convince you, they prob will later this year or next.

​​​

Comment

No I just follow them closely as I do other Asian teams and see the money their federation is spending on youth development, coaching, and stadiums. I also watch a lot of euro football so I see their legionnaires and they are pretty good. Two of the youngest teams in AFC are Iraq and Indonesia who are both essentially U23 teams and are already achieving big wins like beating Saudi and Japan.

I'm pretty sure we would lose to them if we play anything but our strongest lineup at our current point in time. But I don't need to convince you, they prob will later this year or next.

​​​
                          Their youth development is the same as always. Go look at the average of their league. Even with deflated ages it’s high.

their legionnaires barely get a whiff of playing time and they had a good game against Japan.

That’s it.

We had members here who were scared of Mohanad Ali and some random winger when we played them in 2021 and they lost 3-0.

I think you really overate their legionnaires and team as a whole. I’d be much more concerned a team like Jordan than Iraq.

Comment

Still my favorite moment from last year's AFC Champion's League

Comment

Al ahli vs al gharafe

8:30am pst

Comment

Sardar team 0 al gharafe 0 ht

Both sardar and Saeed started on the bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X