Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[POLL] Is international football on the decline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[POLL] Is international football on the decline?

Is international football in decline?
    • Superstars like messi, cr7, neymar out of the picture.
    • Current stars mbappe haaland vini Bellingham still far for the previous stars. Behind them very few top players coming
    • Few players with destabilizing dribble a la zidane messi neymar. Football uniformization with less high level fantazy players but rather solid collective and athletic individuals
    • Top NT less dominant. Still dominant but by default. Brazil, italy Germany holland belgium far from their previous golden era.
    • Continental cup level
    • Even top clubs have difficulties. United, bayern, milan, barcelona
    Yes
    29.41%
    No
    70.59%

Yes but it’s mostly a result of fifa and uefa destroying football.

the lack of actual technical players and the great universalization of tactics has also led to a very bland football.

Comment

Footballe Asia - are sathesh daare badtar o badtar mishe. Taktike tokhmi, morrabihaaye tokhmi, kambood este'daad.

Footbaale noghaate digare donya? Na. Daare rosht mikone.
      DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardalan View Post
        Footballe Asia - are sathesh daare badtar o badtar mishe. Taktike tokhmi, morrabihaaye tokhmi, kambood este'daad.

Footbaale noghaate digare donya? Na. Daare rosht mikone.
        I don't agree as a whole, the world is regressing. I wonder who is progressing. Germany that was kcked out of wc group by japan and sk? Italy that cant qualify for two wc in a row? France that win games and go far with playing shit andboring football. Holland doing nothing special siince 2014. Spain that was beaten by japan and Morocco and struggle with generation change. They had to qatarize two french CB and persuade some immigrants. Mexico don't seem to be in its best period

Comment

The game itself is not in decline. In fact Asia has been making deeper runs and even starting to compete with giants. See us beating Uruguay and Japan/SK beating a bunch of EUFA teams. Even in the last AC we saw it become much more competitive.

The issue is corruption. AFC for example just eliminated term limits a few weeks ago so that the corrupt Kuwaiti (who is a royal) chairman can run for this 4th term. There's no seriousness to do any reforms or changes that benefit anyone except Qatar/Saudi

Imo in regards to outside of Asia, It's not necessarily decline but the values are changing. The NT level and the club level have gotten extremely competitive. Tactical education and access to football has become more widespread. Players explosiveness and speed is now more emphasized than technical ability. But players who have all three are still at the top like Vini Jr, Camavinga, and Mbappe. Messi generation was abnormal and not the norm

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

I don't agree as a whole, the world is regressing. I wonder who is progressing. Germany that was kcked out of wc group by japan and sk? Italy that cant qualify for two wc in a row? France that win games and go far with playing shit andboring football. Holland doing nothing special siince 2014. Spain that was beaten by japan and Morocco and struggle with generation change. They had to qatarize two french CB and persuade some immigrants. Mexico don't seem to be in its best period

On haadese ast. Borde tak o tooke teamhaaye Asia. Amma akhare sar teamhaaye dorost o hesaabi pas az chand saal bargimgardand be sathe khodeshoon.
            Asia ba Japon o Kore nemitonand sathe bala ra negah darand.
            Az nazare jesmi o KHAYEH akhare sar kam miyarand. Va taktikeshoon ham anchenan pishrafte nist.
            DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

The gap between big and small teams is actually closing. I find many of these internationals, esp Euros so far greatly entertaining. Much more so than a lot of the domestic action I saw this year (obviously continental comps CL, EL excluded)

Comment

National team matches are great.

Club soccer is what is sucking.
                Looking forward to 2025 world club championship.

Comment

i dont watch a whole lotta int. games, but generally seems to me as the game is getting more n more competitive and overly structured and tactical ....thus allowing less n less for individualism which frequently adds the unpredictability & extra excitement spice to a match ..?

Comment

Feels like its more positive football f om many teams both low and high ranked, and its on the up swing atm?
                    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

The football now in terms of quality is probably the most efficient it's been. Tactically it's as advanced as it's ever been.
                      The players are lean, mean machines.

However the creativity is gone.
                      Look how few players these days can take on another player successfully! Barely anyone.

That's what has really changed.
                      The "big" teams all try to play one way.
                      The "weak" teams all try to play the other.

Randomness has been reduced to minimum amount.
                      Analytics has destroyed it.

Also UEFA and FIFA's obsession with club football, is taking the limelight away from national teams. Too many kids today who think football is only the EPL, UCL and whatever player they have a FUT card for.

Comment

Working...
                      X