• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Super Shojaei View Post

two of the players on this list don't even have iranian passports yet

Aghaeipour and Sharkizan have had one good ipl season each

Azmoun with one leg beats this list - sorry
    Knowing Azmoun I doubt either of his leg will work in 1-2 seasons

Btw they both have passports and have been to Iran before if you're talking about dual nationals.

And I also understand what you're saying about Azmoun and I wholeheartedly agree. He's too good to not play but his time is running out and fast. This is why we gotta build chemistry with other players on the front. It's either now we can use Taremi + a youngster or wait till 2027 and completely crash when we have no one to replace either Taremi or Azmoun with.

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post

I won't deny that Azmoun WAS good from 2016-2021. He was so good that I thought he was gonna be a breakout player on the international scene for us. But we gotta stop acting like he's the same damn player. He's like 20 lbs overweight, can't play more than 40 minutes, and nearing his early 30s where all these problems will be compounded times ten. He's not some god player that can't be replaced. Seriously this has got to stop. He did a few chos offside runs against Japan and everyone praises him nonstop when he has been legitimately absent for TM in the past 2 years. Any coach worth a damn would try these players:

1. Stuckler (43 G/A last season in Italian youth system and now playing as Cremonese first choice striker this upcoming season)
      2. Aghaeipour
      3. Saharkhizan
      4. Zahirloleslam
      These guys haven't proved shit yet!
      I am pissed at Azmoun like everyone else but until someone prove it on damn field who can take his place he will start next to Taremi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post

These guys haven't prove shit yet!
        I am pissed at Azmoun like everyone else but until someone prove it on damn field who can take his place he will start next to Taremi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Its a catch 22, they can't prove anything because we won't play them. Its crazy we have youth dual nationals playing in Belgium and Italy at 19 and 22 and instead of pushing for the opportunity we still arguing about this guy and his tokhmi attitude. Like I said its either now or in 2027 when both him and Mehdi retire together anyways

Comment

It is what it is he has shown that he doesn’t wanna train hard. He doesn’t want to be held accountable and he doesn’t want to be in an environment where he has to push himself beyond his means.

I mean, obviously they’re going to make him train his ass because they’re paying a lot of money for him to come over to UAE so it’s not gonna be a cakewalk either where he can just be lazy get fat do nothing if he’s not performing if he’s not scoring if they’re not winning his ass will be on the bench there too so it’s not like easy Peezy

but this does warrant that we start looking for other options and actually start testing other options instead of him and giving them chances in real games and friendly and stop playing him 90 minutes or whatever because his level is gonna drop a lot from what we are used to seeing him play at

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

The problem of Iranian football is this non stop "who will put instead, we have nobody".

That's because of that we have so many dinausaurs extending their stay both at TM and IPL where status are so important. At the same time the youngsters have no opportunity to play and get blacklist at the first mistakes. That's why we don't have short term alternatives

Our football lacks dynamism and we should get a huge turnover to raise the level and kick the ass of lazy or unperforming ones.

While I agree alipour and moghanloo aren't TM material, and shouldn't be near TM, I rather trust youngster like Taheri Aghaeipour Saharkhizan, even Zahedi or dual national like the us kids playing in Belgium. The like of Azmoun and ezza are more talented but if they are lazy/unmotivated/unfit it is better to trust other hungry alternatives
            What is the root cause of the problem you mentioned?

It's the same issue we have had for the last 40 years.

There is no grass roots football development in Iran. The league does not play youth and players as youth do not learn fundamentals. The national team isn't where you learn to play football.

We have historically relied on individual talent and we continue to do so. We bring talentless dinosaurs to TM and complain when they can't string two passes together. We then bring youth into TM and freak out when we lose.

So until there is someone who can replace Sardar we are stuck with him.

The only reason we have the squad we have is because CQ brought in youth, developed them in the national team, and pushed them to go to Europe. GN isnt going to do that and frankly it's not his job to develop a youth for TM.

Finally the only reason I'm making this argument is im being realistic. I don't have a shit about Sardar and have zero respect for his bache nane attitude. But I know what he brings to the table...most of you guys have been around for a long time and I ask you to recall the enyati, khatibi, rajabzadeh, kazemian at forward years and how screwed we were at the position untill Gucci joined us and bailed us out.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X