No announcement yet.

2024 summer Olympics Paris: soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Iran had a decent swimming team we'd have hundreds of more medals-soo many swim medals for every stroke

Comment

Swimming is expensive asf and needs serious infrastructure. I don’t even know if there is an Olympic size pool open for public in all of Tehran…? Let alone other cities. There are certainly huge amount of potential Olympic level swimmers if you take into account southern regions of iran especially.

meanwhile in Southern California alone there are at least a couple every 10sq Kilometers.

in fact, if you took just a small section of southern californias public football fields and put them in Tehran, Iran would be a footballing powerhouse on international stage within 10-15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        Swimming is expensive asf and needs serious infrastructure. I don’t even know if there is an Olympic size pool open for public in all of Tehran…? Let alone other cities. There are certainly huge amount of potential Olympic level swimmers if you take into account southern regions of iran especially.

meanwhile in Southern California alone there are at least a couple every 10sq Kilometers.

in fact, if you took just a small section of southern californias public football fields and put them in Tehran, Iran would be a footballing powerhouse on international stage within 10-15 years.
        I learned to swim in Iran in an Olympic pool in Tehran (post revolution). I don't remember the name or even the location. It was huge! There was also a super deep pool for deep diving practice, I presume. Wonder what happened to it, or if it's still in use.

Comment

Let's get weight lifting..boxing ...take won do
          judo o karate back to where is suppose to be
          swimming o gymnastic o track o bagiyeh varzesha pishkesh..

Hope wrestling get 4 golds

Comment

I used to go to several swimming pool each time I went there, I didn't see any olympic swimming pool.

Most size are between olympic and nesf Olympic sp. Which is more surprising is that the line aren't on the lenght of the sp but on the width. Maybe it is just for leisure but that's weird.

Samyar Abdoli (21) had his 100m freestyle in 50s63

Comment

I think Amjadieh and Azadi have the standard sized pools. Not sure about anywhere else.

But surely it doesn't require that much money compared to the big team sports?
              Most of these countries follow these steps:

1 - identify 2-3 really talented kids at a young age.
              2 - Personal coach in Iran until they're old enough to live outside of Iran
              3 - Fund their stay at some training facility in Europe, China, or even the US if lucky.

For a whole program, we simply don't have the money, infrastructure and secret doping program the rest do.

Comment

Both Uzbekistan and Iraq are up and coming teams in Asia , and Uzbekistan has given us a lot of trouble ,,,,,, but look how both these teams got beat

both these teams have a lot of 1st team players in their team ,

, I said this before I say it again teams like Uzbekistan and Iraq if they make it to the World Cup are , wiping boys of the other teams they will be in the 4th pot , with the weakest teams

, if we can’t beat teams like this at home , then we getting are ass whipped in the WC26 ,

yea it amazing we have Taremi , but one player isn’t enough we need a core ….

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

I think Amjadieh and Azadi have the standard sized pools. Not sure about anywhere else.

But surely it doesn't require that much money compared to the big team sports?
                  Most of these countries follow these steps:

1 - identify 2-3 really talented kids at a young age.
                  2 - Personal coach in Iran until they're old enough to live outside of Iran
                  3 - Fund their stay at some training facility in Europe, China, or even the US if lucky.

For a whole program, we simply don't have the money, infrastructure and secret doping program the rest do.
                  A quick Google maps search shows there isnt shortage of swimming pool in Iran's main cities.

The number, size and quality can certainly be improved but I don't think the main problem is the infrastructure.

Beside the doping, we lack good coach (world class level or at least the level below), we also don't give interest to people in other sport.

About the coach our domestic coach sux except few exceptions. We became world class in volleyball with a reknown foreign coach. We should rely on them. West Europe, east Europe, turkish, russian, chinese, south American..

About interest, we successfully transform volleyball as a national sport from scratch. We should reduce football and wrestling presence in media and make other sports more visible. Football is literally the less Olympic sport and our national tv shows that instead of dozens of other olympic sports.

Every year French tv have a huge coverage of tennis french open, athletics world or euro championship, swimming world and euro cships.. .. Despite having french presence or french results sometimes . Each time people rush on that sport and after a while they get more athletes
                  ​​​

Comment

Originally posted by a_m View Post
                    Both Uzbekistan and Iraq are up and coming teams in Asia , and Uzbekistan has given us a lot of trouble ,,,,,, but look how both these teams got beat

both these teams have a lot of 1st team players in their team ,

, I said this before I say it again teams like Uzbekistan and Iraq if they make it to the World Cup are , wiping boys of the other teams they will be in the 4th pot , with the weakest teams

, if we can’t beat teams like this at home , then we getting are ass whipped in the WC26 ,

yea it amazing we have Taremi , but one player isn’t enough we need a core ….
                    All these teams play their best games versus Iran.

Comment

Morroco and Argentina both advanced from their group.

Comment

Egypt beat Spain to top the group and advance a long with spain.

Comment

All these teams play their best games versus Iran.
                          That isn’t a good enough excuse for us not to be able to beat Uzbekistan at home

Comment

With the disorganized way we play every team plays their best against us. The same Syria that took us to penalties couldn't even make 3rd WCQ. Same old mistakes by the same old players who are supposed to be "experienced". Maybe Beiranvand will learn not to be a nervous mess who doesn't handle the ball outside of his box or crash into his defender at the world stage one day at the age of 45 🤷‍♂️

We became a dominant team because CQ took a bunch of tokhmi players and cultivated them himself into an organized team. People think that Team Melli shouldn't develop youth because that's the job of the clubs....well I got a bridge to sell to you if you think PGPL clubs will cultivate anyone properly

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post
                              With the disorganized way we play every team plays their best against us. The same Syria that took us to penalties couldn't even make 3rd WCQ. Same old mistakes by the same old players who are supposed to be "experienced". Maybe Beiranvand will learn not to be a nervous mess who doesn't handle the ball outside of his box or crash into his defender at the world stage one day at the age of 45 🤷‍♂️

We became a dominant team because CQ took a bunch of tokhmi players and cultivated them himself into an organized team. People think that Team Melli shouldn't develop youth because that's the job of the clubs....well I got a bridge to sell to you if you think PGPL clubs will cultivate anyone properly
                              Syria played a closed park the cruise-ship system against us.
                              Even with a man down they couldn't score.
                              Their whole tactic was to not concede and take it to penalties.
                              When they actually have to score they open up and are exposed. Hence their garbage results for 2026 qualification. And we had people here who wanted Hector Cuper to lead TM!

I've always said its unfair to expect TM to crush an opponent who park the bus. People wanted CQ slaughtered after TM lost to Lebanon in Beirut, but TM dominated and conceded one garbage goal. It happens.

Comment

Syria played a closed park the cruise-ship system against us.
                                Even with a man down they couldn't score.
                                Their whole tactic was to not concede and take it to penalties.
                                When they actually have to score they open up and are exposed. Hence their garbage results for 2026 qualification. And we had people here who wanted Hector Cuper to lead TM!

I've always said its unfair to expect TM to crush an opponent who park the bus. People wanted CQ slaughtered after TM lost to Lebanon in Beirut, but TM dominated and conceded one garbage goal. It happens.
                                I think the objection is that when we play teams like that we have no identifiable attacking structure.

When Japan plays an Arab team parking the bus they pass in triangles, maintain possession, overlap on the wing etc. If that fails they go through the middle and try other stuff.

When we play against a parked bus we usually show a lack of ideas and resort to gheyrati long balls/crosses which Arab teams without fail use to cause stoppages in play.

I remember the Iran- Syria game well and there were quite a few times we could have penetrated their midfield line with a smart pass. We chose to go wide or do a long ball instead.

We need a CAM badly. Have not had one since Shojaei

Comment

Working...
                                X