Ghoddos and Jahanbaksh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
    Ghoddos was hyped alot here(like tons of others)!
    His ceiling was at best for some second rated euro teams! He was amazing in sweden but it stopped there tbh!
    He could never keep it up in regular basis at highest level! Even with crappy side in France he was so so!
    GN like him, good for him! But he shouldn't be starter in TM specifically with current shape!
    There is reason why no other coach other than GN trusted him in regular base! He lacks big time consistency!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I personally think Frank screwed him at Brentford. This last season, he played well. It was infair he barely played again after the Asian Cup.

Even the season prior, he started & played decent against Aston Villa, but for some unfathomable reason, he didn’t get many minutes afterwards…

He’s actually been of the most consistent players under GN. I can only remember one “bad game” and it was against Qatar in the Asian Cup.

That’s why it’ll be utterly disappointing if he goes to UAE….

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post
      We really need to stop saying we have "no one better". In fact I can name 4 players who based on watching our league matches and legionnaires, think that they have current better form than Saman Ghoddos as of right now: Hosseinejad, Aref Haji Eydi, Nourallahi, Karimi.

​​​​​​Ghoddos is guaranteed starter in good form but right now he's 31 and hasn't trained with a club in over 5 months! He's literally retired right now (and probably moving to UAE team soon)

​​​​​​
      I agree Ghoddos should only come off the bench for now, until he’s in good club form.

The question is: why was GN afraid to play hosseinejad against the likes of kyrgyzstan?

Comment

I am going to be super blunt here ,

ghoddos as long as he has a club , and he is playing regularly, he is a starter for Team Melli , but now , he should definitely come off the bench …

but JB , I have never ever seen him play good for Team Melli, other than then the 1 goal he scored against Qatar in the World Cup qualifiers 8 years ago , I truly feel he is over hyped ,I don’t think he is TM material anymore , he should not even be on the team , even if he finds a club I think he is done , he is slow , he is not technical , I really think that at his best he is a bench player . The way he plays , I see why he hasn’t played in like 5 years now , his reactions time is slow , way to slow for a top level clubs, and he has this certain clumsiness about him that he lags the play to much , he is too predictable offensively, defensively he is better player .

Comment

Originally posted by a_m View Post
          I am going to be super blunt here ,

ghoddos as long as he has a club , and he is playing regularly, he is a starter for Team Melli , but now , he should definitely come off the bench …

but JB , I have never ever seen him play good for Team Melli, other than then the 1 goal he scored against Qatar in the World Cup qualifiers 8 years ago , I truly feel he is over hyped ,I don’t think he is TM material anymore , he should not even be on the team , even if he finds a club I think he is done , he is slow , he is not technical , I really think that at his best he is a bench player . The way he plays , I see why he hasn’t played in like 5 years now , his reactions time is slow , way to slow for a top level clubs, and he has this certain clumsiness about him that he lags the play to much , he is too predictable offensively, defensively he is better player .
          JB was good against Qatar and Japan in the last wc and here and there in the last wcq.
          But I agree, we need to stop functioning on status and inject new young promising players (not some average oldies ones just because they suddenly scored 3 goals recently at ipl). It should be dynamic with stars and other smelling their status are not definitive

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post
            We really need to stop saying we have "no one better". In fact I can name 4 players who based on watching our league matches and legionnaires, think that they have current better form than Saman Ghoddos as of right now: Hosseinejad, Aref Haji Eydi, Nourallahi, Karimi.

​​​​​​Ghoddos is guaranteed starter in good form but right now he's 31 and hasn't trained with a club in over 5 months! He's literally retired right now (and probably moving to UAE team soon)

​​​​​​
            I agree that in his current fitness he shouldn’t be starting , he has to concentrate on finding that club and prolonging his career at a decent level.
            However when in top fitness I believe he is the best at what he does that we have. His set piece ability is invaluable, especially with the height that we have in our team. His versatility to play across the centre, on the wing and at wing back. He can score absolute worldies and has done this in two of the best leagues in the world and in the Europa League.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post

I agree that in his current fitness he shouldn’t be starting , he has to concentrate on finding that club and prolonging his career at a decent level.
              However when in top fitness I believe he is the best at what he does that we have. His set piece ability is invaluable, especially with the height that we have in our team. His versatility to play across the centre, on the wing and at wing back. He can score absolute worldies and has done this in two of the best leagues in the world and in the Europa League.
              Not to mention that playing for UAE clubs can in some cases turn out to be as bad as being without a club if you look at Sardar Azmoun for example but especially Ezzi. He looked so untrained, overweight and slow that I hardly recognized him. This is a fact, playing in those leagues, especially the UAE but also Qatar, it is like poison for our players and is the very worst thing that can happen. I would rather choose players who train individually but in a professional way waiting to find a good European club than an untrained and lazy player who plays UEA club every day of the week.
              Last edited by Essi; 09-10-2024, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post

The thing is that he is never in top fitness. He hasn't been since before the Pandemic. Even in his last season with Zenit, often you could see him run out of gas around the 70 minute mark, and it's gotten even worse since. Almost every game with Roma and recent TM matches he just straight up sits down on the pitch asks for a sub.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

The thing is that he is never in top fitness. He hasn't been since before the Pandemic. Even in his last season with Zenit, often you could see him run out of gas around the 70 minute mark, and it's gotten even worse since. Almost every game with Roma and recent TM matches he just straight up sits down on the pitch asks for a sub.
                  A 250 lb bear like Dzyuba would run more than him and was often closing out games while our princess was often needing to be substituted due to some tokhmi cramp or something.

Comment

If GN has a brain he will sub out the 2 players with yellow cards now
                    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Ghoddos doesn't deserve to start unless he's playing for a european club. He hasn't impressed me in these last two matches...

Comment

He hasn't been his usual creative self ever since Brentford turned him into a RWB.

Comment

let see this favor by GN to invite them to TM will pay off for both of these players in term of a contract with any team.
                          IRI = FAILED

Comment

Yani vaaay ARJ and Ghoddoos RIIIIIDAN emroz., especially ARJ

Comment

Just a shame that Allahyar has gotten zero minutes. He's doing better this season than anyone else in his position. I wish that one day we could break from this monotony that is our current players.

I would love to see a midfield trio of Hosseinejad, Eza, and some work horse like Nourallahi/Aref Haji Eydi from the league. Would make TM so much more stable.

Today against UAE I actually thought was our best defensive performance since he took over using 4-3-3. Much better shape

Comment

Babaye Ghoddos in ghoddos o bazi nemide!
                                Ridi GN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X