Ghoddos and Jahanbaksh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
    Saman Ghoddos did something that forever proved his incredible loyalty to his ancestral land and people.

He was invited to the Swedish NT and turned them down since he had given his word to Iran.

Had he broken his word, his life might have taken a while different turn and likely he'd be well employed in Europe as a former Swedish NT player. The fact that he is without a team is, in a small part, due to his decision.

You all know that.

It is very typical and true to form for the ugly Iranian character to show itself here and disparage people who have made sacrifices.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    hmm im not sure - I think he saw easier opportunities with Iran and got to play in two world cups whilst being on the bench for 3 years im not sure there are many European national teams that would've given him that luxury

Some say these dispora players make "sacrifices" the reality is playing for Iran just financially made more sense - you're able to play at two world cups and advertise yourself at a global market something which I don't think he would've been able to do with Sweden

Similar to Beitashour he only went for us till AFTER USA saw no need for him - we were definitely his second choice and in interviews he was determined to appear for the US seemingly.

players aren't stupid they weigh up opportunities - look at Justin Meram for Iraq by opting for them he got to play at an international tournament and gain global exposure - a lot of Dutch players are now opting for Indonesia- they get to put themselves infront of the likes of Mitoma and Minamino from a young age.

Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Saman has been a selfless servant for team melli all these years. Even when he should’ve gotten more playing time under CQ and Skocic, he still kept it professional.

This whole transfer movement to UAE is a virus that’s steadily spreading to all our players, and it’s unfortunate if Saman follows suit.

Comment

He was called up by the NT coach for an official game and he declined citing his commitment to TM.

It was a huge deal because

1.Swedish national team is far better than Iran NT. Those of you who don't agree... please don't bet on sports ever.
        2. He's Swedish.
        3. Playing for Swedish NT would give him opportunity and exposure to top 10 teams and players in the world regularly (compared to playing Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan and Afghanistan in CAFA.

Made a Huge career error by choosing Iran, esp for you thankless lot!

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
          He was called up by the NT coach for an official game and he declined citing his commitment to TM.

It was a huge deal because

1.Swedish national team is far better than Iran NT. Those of you who don't agree... please don't bet on sports ever.
          2. He's Swedish.
          3. Playing for Swedish NT would give him opportunity and exposure to top 10 teams and players in the world regularly (compared to playing Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan and Afghanistan in CAFA.

Made a Huge career error by choosing Iran, esp for you thankless lot!

1. Swedish national team is better than us?

Dadash chi migi 🤣🤣🤣🤣

What World Cup or Euro have they been in recent memory?

Or better yet what good team have they won against in Europe?
          ​​​​​​
          I'm not sure if you watch Euro football but it's well known Sweden NT is garbage. They can only beat teams like Estonia or Moldova. They recently lost Azerbaijan 3-0.

2. His name is Saman Ghoddos, not Astrid Bjornson. He's as Swedish as I am American for living in SoCal.

3. If he played for Sweden, he would not actually play against top teams regularly because Sweden is a low pot team in EUFA Nations League. They get to play Estonia, Moldova, Albania, Bulgaria, Austria, etc. They don't play the big boys. You can go ahead and see Sweden's fixtures for the last 20 games. I wager all the teams we have faced are probably higher rank on average.

Not only that Sweden is NOT going to the World Cup or the Euros. Choosing Iran is objectively the better option

4. I see you constantly posting on Azmoun's and Ghoddos thread saying we should all be grateful and they're all we have. Drop this bum mentality man, start expecting more from your country representatives. If Azmoun and Ghoddos quit Team Melli today we would go through an adjustment period and find ourselves back in our exact spot again. Neither of them have done anything to change our status quo besides Azmoun scoring 70 million goals against Cambodia and Tajikistan.
          ​​​​
          ​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Super Shojaei View Post

hmm im not sure - I think he saw easier opportunities with Iran and got to play in two world cups whilst being on the bench for 3 years im not sure there are many European national teams that would've given him that luxury

Some say these dispora players make "sacrifices" the reality is playing for Iran just financially made more sense - you're able to play at two world cups and advertise yourself at a global market something which I don't think he would've been able to do with Sweden

Similar to Beitashour he only went for us till AFTER USA saw no need for him - we were definitely his second choice and in interviews he was determined to appear for the US seemingly.

players aren't stupid they weigh up opportunities - look at Justin Meram for Iraq by opting for them he got to play at an international tournament and gain global exposure - a lot of Dutch players are now opting for Indonesia- they get to put themselves infront of the likes of Mitoma and Minamino from a young age.
            Oh come on! Any of us would do the same! Even though I’m 100% Iranian, I would try to play for the US first. If I don’t make it, Iran it is. Why would you try for that Shiite show and the lack of vision, funding, organization, infrastructure, etc, first??? No one would. If Samman did that on his own, my hats off to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post

1. Swedish national team is better than us?

Dadash chi migi 🤣🤣🤣🤣

What World Cup or Euro have they been in recent memory?

Or better yet what good team have they won against in Europe?
              ​​​​​​
              I'm not sure if you watch Euro football but it's well known Sweden NT is garbage. They can only beat teams like Estonia or Moldova. They recently lost Azerbaijan 3-0.

2. His name is Saman Ghoddos, not Astrid Bjornson. He's as Swedish as I am American for living in SoCal.

3. If he played for Sweden, he would not actually play against top teams regularly because Sweden is a low pot team in EUFA Nations League. They get to play Estonia, Moldova, Albania, Bulgaria, Austria, etc. They don't play the big boys. You can go ahead and see Sweden's fixtures for the last 20 games. I wager all the teams we have faced are probably higher rank on average.

Not only that Sweden is NOT going to the World Cup or the Euros. Choosing Iran is objectively the better option

4. I see you constantly posting on Azmoun's and Ghoddos thread saying we should all be grateful and they're all we have. Drop this bum mentality man, start expecting more from your country representatives. If Azmoun and Ghoddos quit Team Melli today we would go through an adjustment period and find ourselves back in our exact spot again. Neither of them have done anything to change our status quo besides Azmoun scoring 70 million goals against Cambodia and Tajikistan.
              ​​​​
              ​​​
              I'll let the forum judge which is the better team...

When Saman chose Iran, Sweden was very strong (18th rank in 2017, 14th in 2018), had a good chance of going to WC, and had the legendary Zlatan.

With Iran, Saman went out in the first round, whereas Sweden topped their group(which included Germany), won their round of 16 match and went out in the Quarterfinals against England.

Yes Sweden has been weaker over the past 2 years, but Iran has been utter shit since 2018. And too late for Saman to switch.

You wanna know how much Iranian vs Swedish the man is...talk to him. Can't hold a conversation in Persian! Yes his name is Saman, but he speaks like Bjorn.

Comment

Nobody should blame Ghoddos for anything. The fact that he made it to EPL and TM is amazing, if you look were he came from.

Whatever happens next, he has had a better career than many would've believed in his early years.

Basically the exact opposite of Ezza and Azmoun.

JB probably is somewhere in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
                  Nobody should blame Ghoddos for anything. The fact that he made it to EPL and TM is amazing, if you look were he came from.

Whatever happens next, he has had a better career than many would've believed in his early years.

Basically the exact opposite of Ezza and Azmoun.

JB probably is somewhere in the middle.
                  Where he came from? A European country with more opportunity in his professional field than damn IR? We had domestic players who grew up sleeping on the street and playing in dirt. Khejalat bekesh….

Comment

Between Ghoddos and Jahanbaksh, who has had the better career so far?

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post

obv Jahanbaksh, he was quite a star in the Dutch league and didn’t he finish top goalscorer one year? He has played in Holland for many years, and spent some time in England as well.

Ghoddos probably the better “footballer” but jahanbaksh definetly the better career

Comment

Alireza clear

Comment

alireza became the first asian to be a top scorer in a top European league I believe
                          Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Ghoddos ruined his career by choosing Teammmelli imo....if he wasn't associated to Iran, imo he would of been to better clubs.

Comment

Anyone who has been watching Ghoddos for the last 8 years knows its not because of Iran. Its because he got injured several times in France and was benched after Brentford got promoted from Championship and new management came in. Ghoddos then decided to ride that bench for 3-4 years and thus his career is now over. I don't know how much better it can get than playing in the Premier League...

Also the reason Ghoddos chose Iran was because he associated with his Iranian side much more than his Swedish side. Just go look at his comments on his reddit account and find him commenting on r/soccer about TM all the way from 5-6 years ago. He's a legit TM fan (he deleted it most of it though lol).

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post
                                Anyone who has been watching Ghoddos for the last 8 years knows its not because of Iran. Its because he got injured several times in France and was benched after Brentford got promoted from Championship and new management came in. Ghoddos then decided to ride that bench for 3-4 years and thus his career is now over. I don't know how much better it can get than playing in the Premier League...

Also the reason Ghoddos chose Iran was because he associated with his Iranian side much more than his Swedish side. Just go look at his comments on his reddit account and find him commenting on r/soccer about TM all the way from 5-6 years ago. He's a legit TM fan (he deleted it most of it though lol).
                                I never followed his club career after he left Sweden , u know better.
                                I think if he would of been in the market as Sweden int instead of Iran int , clubs would of respect him more and probably Land better teams and better contracts.

Comment

Working...
                                X