Sardar Azmoun @ Al Shabab Al Ahli | 2024/2025

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
    Azmoun is GOH. Failed in top 4 leagues. Failed at World Cups. Be darde Russie va lighaye Asia mikhore. Yel fasl behtarin golzane Russie shod? Be darak! knew a guy who played at Pasadena City College then MLS then became top scorer in Russia. Hamchin honare bozorgi nist. Especially when you're playing for the big mafia club. He scored against Bayern or Atletico 10 years ago. So what? When he really had to deliver, he FAILED. He's a 2nd tier legionnaire for us, nothing more. Not on the level of Taremi, MMK, Daei, Hash, etc.
    Mehdi jan, come on bro!
    He shit the bed at club level, i guess no one argue on this but he is for now second best goal scorer at TM level when you look at the names behind there are too many legends: Taremi, Karimi, Bagheri, Nekou, Mohammadkhani, Pious, Roshan, Jabbari, Hashemian,etc
    Even Vahid that you mentioned had scored less than 1/3 of his goals in TM(yes 4 very very crucial vs Qatar and Japan)

If i want sum up his career, he did quite well at TM level but weak euro career outside Russia!
    Of course some can argue even his good TM days was back to 2-3 years a go but overall at least for me he was one of top 3 /4 strikers i haven't seen play in TM level in last 35 years following TM match by match!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post

Mehdi jan, come on bro!
      He shit the bed at club level, i guess no one argue on this but he is for now second best goal scorer at TM level when you look at the names behind there are too many legends: Taremi, Karimi, Bagheri, Nekou, Mohammadkhani, Pious, Roshan, Jabbari, Hashemian,etc
      Even Vahid that you mentioned had scored less than 1/3 of his goals in TM(yes 4 very very crucial vs Qatar and Japan)

If i want sum up his career, he did quite well at TM level but weak euro career outside Russia!
      Of course some can argue even his good TM days was back to 2-3 years a go but overall at least for me he was one of top 3 /4 strikers i haven't seen play in TM level in last 35 years following TM match by match!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      did he really shit the bed? Club level he did well for Rostov who weren't even an attacking team - Had great numbers at Zenit and scored a fair few CL goals along the way.

from twitter he was our top scorer in 2018 wcqproducing more than Asian stars like Hwang Hee Chan and Son Heung min- he also was extremely productive in 2022 - how can you call him a failure? Hes been more productive during 2 qualifications than Son Heung min , Mitoma , hee chan etc. so compared to asia's most elite forwards he's produced arguably more when it mattered

even under CQ we were starved for goals in 2018 somewhat - if we had a worse striker we may have run into some issues there for sure.

In terms of WC failure the service in 2018 just wasn't there- he did nearly pre assist a goal against portugal though- but against spain and Morocco with CQ's defensive tactics i don't know what we could expect

against Wales he was fantastic but again half fit -

in the end his body couldn't take it anymore and his heart isn't in it -

still can't think of anyone who can match his level - maybe Saharkhizan

but its really early days with him- he's had a good start to Russia though

Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Originally posted by Super Shojaei View Post

did he really shit the bed? Club level he did well for Rostov who weren't even an attacking team - Had great numbers at Zenit and scored a fair few CL goals along the way.

from twitter he was our top scorer in 2018 wcqproducing more than Asian stars like Hwang Hee Chan and Son Heung min- he also was extremely productive in 2022 - how can you call him a failure? Hes been more productive during 2 qualifications than Son Heung min , Mitoma , hee chan etc. so compared to asia's most elite forwards he's produced arguably more when it mattered

even under CQ we were starved for goals in 2018 somewhat - if we had a worse striker we may have run into some issues there for sure.

In terms of WC failure the service in 2018 just wasn't there- he did nearly pre assist a goal against portugal though- but against spain and Morocco with CQ's defensive tactics i don't know what we could expect

against Wales he was fantastic but again half fit -

in the end his body couldn't take it anymore and his heart isn't in it -

still can't think of anyone who can match his level - maybe Saharkhizan

but its really early days with him- he's had a good start to Russia though

Rostov was when, 10 years ago? Maybe we can call nekunam back to solve our midfield problem. He is as overweight and play as much football than Azmoun lately.

If past is that important, no need to find him an excuse, he riiiid a 1 vs 1 against Morocco, same against England when he hit the bar. He only move his ass (for only 60min) against Wales, btw without goal.

I agree he could have been useful against crappy Asian competitions before thanks to his size, and his technique above asian standards. He could have been useful against better opposition but mister has to move his ass (japan and wales)

Comment

Originally posted by fary-jupiter View Post

Daei was 37 years old in 2006 and didnt aged well like a Dzeko for example

Cant compare him with a 29 Sardar.

He and Taremi are a diffrent class and above all other TM players.

After that comes Ghoddos. Thats all

In 2 years Azmoun is 31. If he falls off while in the Al Kabob league his permanent standing in the team should be questioned prior to the World Cup.

All these fixed positions and 'gogoolimagooli dont hurt feelings' is why we often see our team handicapped when playing the world elites/tournaments

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

Rostov was when, 10 years ago? Maybe we can call nekunam back to solve our midfield problem. He is as overweight and play as much football than Azmoun lately.

If past is that important, no need to find him an excuse, he riiiid a 1 vs 1 against Morocco, same against England when he hit the bar. He only move his ass (for only 60min) against Wales, btw without goal.

I agree he could have been useful against crappy Asian competitions before thanks to his size, and his technique above asian standards. He could have been useful against better opposition but mister has to move his ass (japan and wales)
            He missed on chance in 2018 World Cup - the service was poor during the entire 3 games only World Cup game in cq era where we were laden with chances was v Wales and I thought he had a good game all things considered

last 10 years he has pulled off better stats against Asian sides then asias top players- our current strikers now are no where near his level stats wise. What do we have now that’s better? 2 tap ins in Belgium or one and goal and assist in Russia is literally what our 3rd and 4 th choice are sitting on right now

Comment

He missed on chance in 2018 World Cup - the service was poor during the entire 3 games only World Cup game in cq era where we were laden with chances was v Wales and I thought he had a good game all things considered

last 10 years he has pulled off better stats against Asian sides then asias top players- our current strikers now are no where near his level stats wise. What do we have now that’s better? 2 tap ins in Belgium or one and goal and assist in Russia is literally what our 3rd and 4 th choice are sitting on right now
              With this line of thinking I can already see a 2030 where Azmoun is 35. WC goes terribly wrong, he makes an instagram post about how people are being rude despite "cheghadr zahmat keshidam" etc.

It's the same stuff generationally.

He doesnt have to be banished just that in 2 years our backups can get better and he could/probably will get worse

Comment

Azmoun should IMO only be used as a sub in the last 15-20 min if called up to TM, only in that time span his chaghalo ass can perform something constructive.

I rather see Zahedi upfront whit MT99 now

Comment

Originally posted by Artaxerxes View Post
                  Azmoun should IMO only be used as a sub in the last 15-20 min if called up to TM, only in that time span his chaghalo ass can perform something constructive.

Zhaedi? Couldn’t cut it at Persepolis nor the Hungarian league

Comment

Zhaedi? Couldn’t cut it at Persepolis nor the Hungarian league
                    But he is good in the japanese leauge right now, current form is relevant not the past

Comment

This focus on the player Sardar was 5 years ago is insane. Some of you need a reality check, this guy is retiring in 3 seasons and he's been wildly unreliable since 2021. It doesn't matter if he's still good or not, there needs to be a plan for what happens to TM in 2 years when both Taremi and Azmoun call it quits. We can either be smart and build depth now and rotate Sardar, or wait till 2026 and suffer the consequences of doing things last minute.

I can already see Sardar getting injured and missing WC and people complaining that GN plays in Moghanlou for him...stop accepting mediocrity from this guy.

Comment

But he is good in the japanese leauge right now, current form is relevant not the past
                        some of the japanese league defending he's been up against has been even worse than IPL level - most J league clubs would have a hard time in IPL i'd hazard a guess same with the K league - most of the top 5ish asian leagues are on similar level when you take out the top 4 saudi clubs heck what happened with the J league's supposed best team in the Asian cup last year- they were humiliated by Al Ain in the final- a league which couldn't even beat UAE champions . Sometimes Korean and Japanese footballers are overrated on here all of them didn't even match Sardar's stats for the 2018 and 2022 asian world cup qualification campaigns not even Son Heung Min which people conveniently forget.

Until he starts really underperforming in matches he should still start - He just recently scored goal in the asian cup semi final - what did the likes of Son Heung Min , Mehdi Taremi , Lee Kang Inn, Hwang Hee Chan do in their asian cup semi finals? none of these players even managed a shot on goal and not to forget he assited the crucial goal in the quarter finals too.

Comment

I love Zahedi, he reminds of Ali Daei.

But reality is hes not even half as good Sardar.

If we reach the next WC, he and mehdi should get their last chance to shine.

Comment

Sardar has 2 goals in his 1st start. He better win the golden boot this year.
                            "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

He scored two goals in a cup match today.

Let's relax with this Sardar getting dropped from Team Melli crap. As long as he keeps scoring he will get called up.

However, I would like to see him rotate with some younger players, or better yet, test Taremi up top as a lone striker

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                                Sardar has 2 goals in his 1st start. He better win the golden boot this year.
                                Who cares if he does or doesn’t? Scoring 30 goals in a Shotor league is as meaningless as it can get

Comment

Working...
                                X