• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering the same thing
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      He will now be benched for 3 games because of some power trip.
      Except his coach is not the incredible Graham Potter. So no, he will not be punished for a good goal like JB was.

Whatever happened to that con artist Potter anyway? Is he back to coaching in the Maldives 5th division now where he really belongs?
      Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

In the interview with Adel, Morais said that Javad is a player with world class potential. Which I agree with. I think he can surpass even Mehdi in the right enviroment.

I really hope he gets the right guidance and is surrounded by people who care about his future. Although judging by the other players we have had in that joke of league in Russia, and who his agents are, I'm not optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
          In the interview with Adel, Morais said that Javad is a player with world class potential. Which I agree with. I think he can surpass even Mehdi in the right enviroment.

I really hope he gets the right guidance and is surrounded by people who care about his future. Although judging by the other players we have had in that joke of league in Russia, and who his agents are, I'm not optimistic.
          would you have been more optimistic had he stayed in Iran? I know you don’t rate the Russian league and that’s fine, we can disagree on that….but what is factual is that it is way, way more heavily scouted than Iran or any league in Asia for that matter. Every single transfer window there are lots of players to show for it.
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post

would you have been more optimistic had he stayed in Iran? I know you don’t rate the Russian league and that’s fine, we can disagree on that….but what is factual is that it is way, way more heavily scouted than Iran or any league in Asia for that matter. Every single transfer window there are lots of players to show for it.
            Where are Azmoun, Ezza and Shekari now?

My fear for Javad is that he ends of in some fucked up contract scenario in a mafia league, ends up spending his prime in Moscow or Zenith instead of Turin or Madrid.

Also Korea, and Japan are both scouted more have more notable transfers compared to Russia ever since the invasion of Ukraine.

Comment

You cannot be blaming Russian league for Azmoun and Ezatollahi's greed...I think we have selective memory man...

Remember when Azmoun rejected Liverpool in 2017 because Rostov paid more? https://shorturl.at/bGZUw
              ​​​​​​
              Or remember when Ezatollahi had offers from Atletico senior team and Getafe? He decided to go to Russia because Rostov paid more.
              https://shorturl.at/6ORzm

It's not the Russian league man, it's professionalism and greed. A player can be as talented as they want but if they would rather chase an easy life and make money they will make decisions to stay in mafia leagues like Russia and UAE.

In times like this I point at players like Haj Safi and ARJ who despite never being so talented, still made it through incredible professionalism and hard work.

Hosseinejads talent is only 1/3 of the equation as is our others kids' in Russia. Their success will depend on the other 2/3 being professionalism and drive

Comment

Same kiri RPL got sardar to Leverkusen and Roma with big salary…got saeid (who frankly never even shined in Russia) to be fix in championship before injury and weak mentality derailed his progress. Hell even milad who was a bench player at rah ahan developed into a pretty damn solid LB at his peak after a few years in grozny and was progressimg solidly in EL Gent before he badly went off the rails post marriage.

just during war time it has got arsen zakharyan to be fix in real sociedad.
                safonov to PSG. Ejuke nigerian fwd signed for Sevilla from CSKA. Now tiknizyan also close to Sevilla from lokomotiv. Even Rostov sold a pair of players to newly promoted bundesliga side holsten Kiel for nearly EU 4 million.

even Ghorbani had interest from a ligue 1 team after just a few months of decent performance in Orenburg. Before he moved there did 1 eu scout even know his name?

but sure RPL is the issue lol. I get some don’t like Russia for political reasons but there is no need to blatantly lie. Our young guys are better off staying in sepahan and playing on that field until their ACL ruptures I guess

Comment

My fear for Javad is that he ends of in some fucked up contract scenario in a mafia league, ends up spending his prime in Moscow or Zenith instead of Turin or Madrid.

Also Korea, and Japan are both scouted more have more notable transfers compared to Russia ever since the invasion of Ukraine.
                  lol bro….azmoun? Really? He didn’t play in Serie A and BL the last few seasons? I said it is a well scouted league by better euro leagues and Azmoun is a perfect example so thank you for that haha

as for ezi and shekari, they were their own enemies. Neither of them were able to even break into their respective teams squad’s on a regular basis, that’s on them not the Russian league’s lack of resources/scouting.

while we’re what about Rondon, Vlasic, Doumbia…..these are the biggest names of the last years but every season there is at least 10-20 players from RPL that either get loaned or transfer to a top 5 league in Europe.

I generally would have the same fear as you that if a player succeeds that they’ll take big Russian money and stay longer than they should like Sardar did….but on the subject of young Hosseinnejad I do not have that fear at all after watching his interview with feedosipour. This guys mentality is 10/10 (if we take what he says as truth and not irooni bs which I don’t suspect).

as for your speculation about SK and Japan being better scouted, this is also not true. There were 7 RPL transfers this summer to top 5 leagues (Alex Kral, Magnus Knudsen, Pontus Almqvist, Armin Gigovic, Safonov, Ivan Ordets, Chidera Ajuke). J-league meanwhile had 4 and K-league even less.
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    Same kiri RPL got sardar to Leverkusen and Roma with big salary…got saeid (who frankly never even shined in Russia) to be fix in championship before injury and weak mentality derailed his progress. Hell even milad who was a bench player at rah ahan developed into a pretty damn solid LB at his peak after a few years in grozny and was progressimg solidly in EL Gent before he badly went off the rails post marriage.

just during war time it has got arsen zakharyan to be fix in real sociedad.
                    safonov to PSG. Ejuke nigerian fwd signed for Sevilla from CSKA. Now tiknizyan also close to Sevilla from lokomotiv. Even Rostov sold a pair of players to newly promoted bundesliga side holsten Kiel for nearly EU 4 million.

even Ghorbani had interest from a ligue 1 team after just a few months of decent performance in Orenburg. Before he moved there did 1 eu scout even know his name?

but sure RPL is the issue lol. I get some don't like Russia for political reasons but there is no need to blatantly lie. Our young guys are better off staying in sepahan and playing on that field until their ACL ruptures I guess
                    No one say it is back yard league! It used to be decent second rated euro league though better than Belgium, Croatia, Greece, and many leagues in these categories plus involvement in Euro competitions were giving them the visibility but with war and lack of European competition, they dont have that visibility anymore and their quality really dropped !
                    Still is it better to move there? For sure, for young kids as long as they play regularly that can be a bridge move!
                    And hope not to get stuck in these kind of leagues like Sardar, Moharrami, Ghol and most of our legionnaires basically!
                    Also you are giving few examples who succeed there! Not mentioning many who got stuck there or any similar leagues or failed! Which is the case of most of our players sadly!

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post

No one say it is back yard league! It used to be decent second rated euro league though better than Belgium, Croatia, Greece, and many leagues in these categories plus involvement in Euro competitions were giving them the visibility but with war and lack of European competition, they dont have that visibility anymore and their quality really dropped !
                      Still is it better to go there? For sure, as young kid can and as long as you play regularly that can be a bridge move!
                      And hope not to get stuck in these kind of leagues so far like Sardar, Moharrami, Ghol and most of our legionnaires basically!
                      Unfortunately the only consistent successful legionnaire we have now is Taremi and he has tough task in Inter. Pretty a one shot, the rest completely failed even if some had good spell here or there. Because of that, doors are closed in Germany, Belgium, charleroi, Portugal and Turkey for short term at least

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

Unfortunately the only consistent successful legionnaire we have now is Taremi and he has tough task in Inter. Pretty a one shot, the rest completely failed even if some had good spell here or there. Because of that, doors are closed in Germany, Belgium, charleroi, Portugal and Turkey for short term at least
                        We are kind of back to post 2006 era till 2016!
                        Sadly so far all of our players who played at the highest level in last 10 years failed(JB, Saman, Sardar) lets hope Taremi become an exception!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The end product is that none of the players we sent there at a young age have worked out long term. It doesn't matter what some Nigerian guy did after playing in Russia, all I know that Russia has been a potential killer for every Iranian player except Milmo, and even he never managed to fully develop beyond just running really fast. He was the same player leaving Akhmet as he was before getting there.

Sardar got to Leverkusen and Roma and struggled with consistency in real professional leagues.

Ezza's peak was playing in Reading.

Shekari is braiding his butt hair on a bench in Isfahan as we speak.

Russia might get you marginally better exposure than PGPL, but it is not a good incubator of talent for Iranian players.

But as always, I hope I'm wrong. I hope Javad and Ghorbani somehow end up improving after playing in Russia.

Comment

As u all know..,Lots of players have gone to Russia, Belgium, Greek and Portugal recently. Only a few established themselves as regulars and no one has been a successful transfer upwards (with Taremi yet to be sent).

I think this is a good topic for a new thread to explore all of the reasons...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

All I know is that the Russian league is better than our Tokhmi basiji league.
                              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
                                As u all know..,Lots of players have gone to Russia, Belgium, Greek and Portugal recently. Only a few established themselves as regulars and no one has been a successful transfer upwards (with Taremi yet to be sent).

I think this is a good topic for a new thread to explore all of the reasons...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
                                Tbh that's just normal...if every legionnaire of every country playing in these teams was successful then it wouldn't make sense. Even in USA u got players like Sargent, Aaronson, Adams who are legionnaires but are having trouble at club level.

If you don't have immense talent, you need a degree of luck. Players like Ansarifard and Haj Safi have their ceilings in Greece, nothing wrong with that.

In football only 1/10 actually makes it

Comment

Working...
                                X