Iran vs. Kyrgyzstan Sept 5th WCQ Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The View Post

Lol, Taremi doesn't need an excuse to moan. that's his specialty.

Also, Kyrgyzstan played on the same pitch. So... yea doesn't explain why they were better than us in the 2nd half.

What does explain it is that our manager isn't good at in game adjustments.

There are times where Iranian fans are silly and emotional... this isn't one of them. This is like Skocic era, where it was obvious he wasn't suited for the job, even when he won, but we kept with him until it was too late.
    Worrrrd...!! especially the Bold ..!!

that second half performance was absolutely shambolic the say the least ..! it got worse with every sub brought in..!

GN is way over his head and he can't hide it anymore ..!! we need an upgrade urgently (if IFF can actually afford it ??) or another pathetic WC showing currently looks well on its way this time likely in far more embarrassing fashion than the last one...!!

Comment

Originally posted by mbaizai View Post
      I looked up the schedule and unfortunately it's not much helping us. We have a difficult away game against a very young confident UAE team . Next on 10 October we will fly to Uzbekestan to play them and on 15 Oct a home game against qatar. Will we fix the pitch anywhere at home to play Qatar? I'm serious guys we will end up 3rd or 4th because of our home pitches . That's our biggest issue before we blast the general
      Agha yani chi “because of our home pitch we will end up 3rd and 4th”. Mage it’s only us playing on the pitch. What about the other team? Mage football is played in the air and only our team plays on the ground? Was the pitch bad? No shit. Anyone remember the away game against Turkmenistan in the last round where we played on shitty turf? Did we get outplayed? No. This GN has shown he does not know how to make adjustments at all.. again and again. On the bright side, he has the old gang of players (MT-Ezza-AJB-Shoja-etc) on his side and fully behind him.

Question for us as fans is: do we want an incompetent coach who maintains the locker room in order or do we want a competent coach who will most definitely have cultural issues and can potentially never adapt to Irans situation (friendlies, pitch conditions, politics, etc). Either way, there is no hope…

Comment

Originally posted by aria32 View Post

Agha yani chi “because of our home pitch we will end up 3rd and 4th”. Mage it’s only us playing on the pitch. What about the other team? Mage football is played in the air and only our team plays on the ground? Was the pitch bad? No shit. Anyone remember the away game against Turkmenistan in the last round where we played on shitty turf? Did we get outplayed? No. This GN has shown he does not know how to make adjustments at all.. again and again. On the bright side, he has the old gang of players (MT-Ezza-AJB-Shoja-etc) on his side and fully behind him.

Question for us as fans is: do we want an incompetent coach who maintains the locker room in order or do we want a competent coach who will most definitely have cultural issues and can potentially never adapt to Irans situation (friendlies, pitch conditions, politics, etc). Either way, there is no hope…
        Ok I agree with you. What's your prediction for the UAE game?

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

Lol, Taremi doesn't need an excuse to moan. that's his specialty.

Also, Kyrgyzstan played on the same pitch. So... yea doesn't explain why they were better than us in the 2nd half.

What does explain it is that our manager isn't good at in game adjustments.

There are times where Iranian fans are silly and emotional... this isn't one of them. This is like Skocic era, where it was obvious he wasn't suited for the job, even when he won, but we kept with him until it was too late.
          Do I think that we should get ourselves a top international coach? 100%. The earlier the better. Should have been right after the AFC.

But in all fairness, it was the players who let everyone down.

Kyrgyzstan played long pass to the forwards whereas we played possession and pass football. We had to because they sat back and played 5-3-2. The field condition had more effect on us.

We were not playing Argentina for which we required special managerial expertise. The manager can't go out and beat the players.

With a couple of exceptions, players neither put their heart into it nor some had the legs to do the running when the heart was willing.

They just were not going to kill themselves for Kyrgyzstan. Especially when leading as well. Especially since there is a next, more difficult game in a few days. They did the minimum and that was nearly not enough.

Meanwhile, 3 young players got lots of playing time. Hazbavi especially since Kanaani is rarely off.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok, I watched the 2nd half as I was in meetings yesterday and the only way to follow was reading the beautiful reactive message here

My overall take - it was nowhere near as bad as some of you painted it.

In general there are three items I'd like to focus on:

1 - The field. There is no way you can say that the field didn't affect our game, or that it was the same field for both teams, when we play completely different football. Kyrgyztan wants to park the bus and paly the long ball. This field is perfect for that. We want to retain possession and work our way through with quick combo play. This field won't allow that.

Just look at this screenshot from minute 72. Azmoun tries to take a shot, and a huge divot opens up, taking both his feet with him. No wonder his shot is still in the air. There are countless chances like this in the game, but I just wanted to re-emphasize and ask us to be a bit more considerate.
            Taremi was right when he said the field was "eftezah". The patch pieces had not taken root yet. They should have literally sewn it in like they did at Azadi.

​​​
            2. The opponent's tactics.

It was clear park the bus strategy. We all knew it. I am sure even GN and his staff knew it. Look at this screenshot from around minute 70. It shows 10 (including goalie) Kyrgyz players defending. I think there is an 11th off screen. The only way to get through this sort of block is the quick combo play I mentioned above or shooting (which we tried). Again, not going to work out great with that pitch.

This is a tactic that works, and more and more teams are playing it against bigger teams. There is a reason why so many "big" Asian teams are struggling. It is really hard to break down. Doesn't matter if it's GN or anyone else

3 - Noorafkan.

This guy can't be in TM.
            He can't play one touch football, is slow, can't defend, and his positioning is very off.
            Screenshot below is from minute 79.
            He is stuck in the middle and should be defending against a man. Instead Arya is overrun and Kazakhstan has an easy opportunity to cross from the wing. This happens throughout the game.

I really don't know why he is in TM. Is he related to someone powerful? Is he just that loved by other players? Are we that desperate for a multi-positional lefty? If so, just call up Amiri. Even at age 590, he is better than Noorafkan.

HE MUST BE DROPPED FROM TM.

-------------------------------------------

Other minor notes:

1 - We got the 3 points and usually play like crap in opening matches. Good work TM
            2 - Khayemal Torabi should start. He is direct, speedy, and always looking for space and opportunities on the attack. Really stops our lethargy.
            3 - F*** the authorities in Tabriz and Mashhad for not allowing women into their stadiums, otherwise we would have a better field. I honestly feel bad for Zob Ahan people. They kept their own team off their own field for a month to host the game and it still f***ed them over.
            For Qatar game IFF needs to get dirty and attach itself to some power base in Iran to get authorities to listen to them.
            4 - We will beat UAE.
            5 - You wanted youth players, but they weren't good. Hazbavi in particular almost cost us 2 points! Don't be surprised if he doesn't start against UAE.
            6 - Thank you all for your classy analysis. I disagree with most of you but enjoy reading your comments.

​​

Comment

Football360's (Ferdosipour's team) report about TM - Kyrgyz Republic match.

As usual, typical khar too khar for tickets, especially for our ladies.

Lol. Fans all want Ramin back. God help us!

Comment

I know everything is pretty much Khar to Khar in Iran but can’t the federal officials force the officials in Tabriz and Mashad to allow women into their stadiums ??

The pitch at Foolad Shahr was a major Embarrassment in the eyes of the world, not to mention it majorly affected our game. You all heard Taremi say repeatedly that it was CRAP. Yes I know that Kyrg team played on the same field, but a bad pitch will always have more affect on the stronger team than the weaker one.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  Ok, I watched the 2nd half as I was in meetings yesterday and the only way to follow was reading the beautiful reactive message here

1 - The field. There is no way you can say that the field didn't affect our game, or that it was the same field for both teams, when we play completely different football. Kyrgyztan wants to park the bus and paly the long ball. This field is perfect for that. We want to retain possession and work our way through with quick combo play. This field won't allow that.

Just look at this screenshot from minute 72. Azmoun tries to take a shot, and a huge divot opens up, taking both his feet with him. No wonder his shot is still in the air. There are countless chances like this in the game, but I just wanted to re-emphasize and ask us to be a bit more considerate.
                  Taremi was right when he said the field was "eftezah". The patch pieces had not taken root yet. They should have literally sewn it in like they did at Azadi.

​​​

It was clear park the bus strategy. We all knew it. I am sure even GN and his staff knew it. Look at this screenshot from around minute 70. It shows 10 (including goalie) Kyrgyz players defending. I think there is an 11th off screen. The only way to get through this sort of block is the quick combo play I mentioned above or shooting (which we tried). Again, not going to work out great with that pitch.

This is a tactic that works, and more and more teams are playing it against bigger teams. There is a reason why so many "big" Asian teams are struggling. It is really hard to break down. Doesn't matter if it's GN or anyone else

3 - Noorafkan.

This guy can't be in TM.
                  He can't play one touch football, is slow, can't defend, and his positioning is very off.
                  He is stuck in the middle and should be defending against a man. Instead Arya is overrun and Kazakhstan has an easy opportunity to cross from the wing. This happens throughout the game.

I really don't know why he is in TM. Is he related to someone powerful? Is he just that loved by other players? Are we that desperate for a multi-positional lefty? If so, just call up Amiri. Even at age 590, he is better than Noorafkan.

Other minor notes:

1 - We got the 3 points and usually play like crap in opening matches. Good work TM
                  2 - Khayemal Torabi should start. He is direct, speedy, and always looking for space and opportunities on the attack. Really stops our lethargy.
                  3 - F*** the authorities in Tabriz and Mashhad for not allowing women into their stadiums, otherwise we would have a better field. I honestly feel bad for Zob Ahan people. They kept their own team off their own field for a month to host the game and it still f***ed them over.
                  For Qatar game IFF needs to get dirty and attach itself to some power base in Iran to get authorities to listen to them.
                  4 - We will beat UAE.
                  5 - You wanted youth players, but they weren't good. Hazbavi in particular almost cost us 2 points! Don't be surprised if he doesn't start against UAE.
                  6 - Thank you all for your classy analysis. I disagree with most of you but enjoy reading your comments.

​​
                  Noorafkan is everywhere in post ipl interview, his pathetic level is hidden by long shots and looking fancy against weak team.

Real coach like cq or in belgium saw this fraud, I think we would have conceded 10 more goals against England if he was on the pitch

Comment

Originally posted by mbaizai View Post

Ok I agree with you. What's your prediction for the UAE game?
                    We will win by 2 or 3 goals. Players will come out gheirati behind GN. Taremi will score again.

Comment

​​​

3 - Noorafkan.

This guy can't be in TM.

Other minor notes:

4 - We will beat UAE.

​​
                      Thank you sir. Great analysis. I agree with your notes . However beating UAE will be tough this time. If they have a world class pitch but the weather in Alain city will be very hot and humid which will pose a challenge.

Comment

Y'all always talk about hot and humid like half of our players aren't from Khuzestan and western Iran or nearby🤣

Also half of our team already plays in UAE or has played there in the last few years. Its basically a home game at a better stadium.

Pretty sure Taremi played on swampy cement fields in 35 Celsius for the first 20 years of his life

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post
                          Y'all always talk about hot and humid like half of our players aren't from Khuzestan and western Iran or nearby🤣

Also half of our team already plays in UAE or has played there in the last few years. Its basically a home game at a better stadium.

Pretty sure Taremi played on swampy cement fields in 35 Celsius for the first 20 years of his life
                          AND NO FOOTLOCKER

Comment

Football360's (Ferdosipour's team) report about TM - Kyrgyz Republic match.

As usual, typical khar too khar for tickets, especially for our ladies.

Lol. Fans all want Ramin back. God help us!
                            Taremi is in his villian arc, love that. No more Mr nice guy

Comment

Next game will be in UAE and players get a decent pitch to play on so let's see what they have to say then. But at the same time UAE officials will do anything to affect the team melli outside of the pitch which I hope our peanut brains in TM coaching staff will understand this fact and not be affected by it. Another factor will be the refs. I can confidently say that the officiating will not be in our favor so players must be very careful not to get cards or get ejected. That could bring more stress to our team and our lower educated staff to find replacements in next games. We will still have at least 6 tough games to play. If we get 12 points in these games we will go through.

Overall UAE has a better chance than us unless we pull off a much better game and hope that the Gods of football are with us too.
                              __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                              We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                                Next game will be in UAE and players get a decent pitch to play on so let's see what they have to say then. But at the same time UAE officials will do anything to affect the team melli outside of the pitch which I hope our peanut brains in TM coaching staff will understand this fact and not be affected by it. Another factor will be the refs. I can confidently say that the officiating will not be in our favor so players must be very careful not to get cards or get ejected. That could bring more stress to our team and our lower educated staff to find replacements in next games. We will still have at least 6 tough games to play. If we get 12 points in these games we will go through.

Overall UAE has a better chance than us unless we pull off a much better game and hope that the Gods of football are with us too.
                                Why do you say UAE has a better chance? In what aspect ?

Comment

Working...
                                X