Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post

u can download on ur phone/tablet or watch on your computer too on their website
      I dont like watching tm or pp on small screen.
      Only tv I like.

Comment

Sat down and watched good portions of Kyrgyzstan's two games against Oman. Last one in June and the other one from the Asian cup. Analysis below:

Formation:

Kyrgyzstan changes their formation based on the opponent they play and usually against stronger opposition they will play a a 5-3-2 with wandering wingbacks. When they are on the defensive, they transition to a 5-4-1, with one of their attackers falling back into a line of 4 in the midfield. While this is usually known as a highly defensive formation, they do not actually 'park the bus' the way the term is used.

Strategy:

While defending they allow the opponent to have the ball until they reach the halfway line and then start to pursue the ball. Their main attacker, Joel Kojo, does little defensive work and instead is given free roam to prepare in case of a quick transition for a counter. The 3 midfielders and the attacker joining the midfield line will start pressing the players rather aggressively. The two games I watched it felt like they were not disciplined with many fouls in the middle third. Their defense has 3 tall centrebacks who primarily have a job of winning aerial battles. They all seem to lack pace.

The two wingbacks especially their captain Zhyrgalbek uulu(right back) have the task of driving the ball up the wings offensively on counters. On defense, they fall back into the 5 man defense as a flat 5.

When Kyrgyzstan wins the ball they do not look for quick passing plays. About 90% of their attacks go through their forward, Joel Kojo(birthplace Ghana). He is short but very fast and looks to run as soon as the ball is turned over behind the defense for long balls. The team transitions in two different ways. If the the turnover happens on one side of the field they look to switch the play into open space so Kojo can get into position for an early cross. The more common way as said before is over the top so he beats the defense in a leg race.

Key players:

Joel Kojo--> striker. Naturalized for the team. Very fast. Doesn't seem like a clinical finisher but should not let him have any chances.

Valeriy Kichin--> Plays CB or LCB. He looks like the best of the passers from their defense and plays for Lokomotiv Tashkent. Looks like their most dangerous on set pieces too.

Erzhan Tokotayev--> Goalkeeper--> From what I watched he made some decent saves. I have doubts if some of our own goalies would have made those saves in those specific situations. He also is aware of through balls and does try to run out to intercept. Will be important for our strikers to not overcomplicate dribbling and try to catch him out while he is moving.

My keys to win for Iran:

1) Moving the ball around--> From what I saw, their midfield is not the fastest and if we can play in tight spaces,we can get through to face their defense. Guys like Gholizadeh/Torabi etc will be key to this strategy. They look uncomfortable if their players fall out of position so quick pass patterns and 1-2s will create gaps and opportunities. Skillful players likely will do well.

2) Defensive communication--> This Joel Kojo guy is 90% of their attack. As long as we don't make stupid turnovers and our centrebacks avoid getting in 1v1 runs with him we will be ok. Since we have old CBs their positioning needs to be the main focus with our wingbacks providing legs to run. The guy seems to score when the defense and GK don't communicate who is going for the ball.

3) Early crosses--> They have 3 fairly tall and strong CBs but are kind of slow. Oman was utilizing early crosses behind which were working well and causing dangerous chances. Azmoun and Taremi are both great for this with supply from any of our wingers esp Jahanbakhsh.

Comment

I will start compiling links I find for the game. Can't guarantee how things turn out the day of but will try to have as many options as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
            Sat down and watched good portions of Kyrgyzstan's two games against Oman. Last one in June and the other one from the Asian cup. Analysis below:

Formation:

Kyrgyzstan changes their formation based on the opponent they play and usually against stronger opposition they will play a a 5-3-2 with wandering wingbacks. When they are on the defensive, they transition to a 5-4-1, with one of their attackers falling back into a line of 4 in the midfield. While this is usually known as a highly defensive formation, they do not actually 'park the bus' the way the term is used.

Strategy:

While defending they allow the opponent to have the ball until they reach the halfway line and then start to pursue the ball. Their main attacker, Joel Kojo, does little defensive work and instead is given free roam to prepare in case of a quick transition for a counter. The 3 midfielders and the attacker joining the midfield line will start pressing the players rather aggressively. The two games I watched it felt like they were not disciplined with many fouls in the middle third. Their defense has 3 tall centrebacks who primarily have a job of winning aerial battles. They all seem to lack pace.

The two wingbacks especially their captain Zhyrgalbek uulu(right back) have the task of driving the ball up the wings offensively on counters. On defense, they fall back into the 5 man defense as a flat 5.

When Kyrgyzstan wins the ball they do not look for quick passing plays. About 90% of their attacks go through their forward, Joel Kojo(birthplace Ghana). He is short but very fast and looks to run as soon as the ball is turned over behind the defense for long balls. The team transitions in two different ways. If the the turnover happens on one side of the field they look to switch the play into open space so Kojo can get into position for an early cross. The more common way as said before is over the top so he beats the defense in a leg race.

Key players:

Joel Kojo--> striker. Naturalized for the team. Very fast. Doesn't seem like a clinical finisher but should not let him have any chances.

Valeriy Kichin--> Plays CB or LCB. He looks like the best of the passers from their defense and plays for Lokomotiv Tashkent. Looks like their most dangerous on set pieces too.

Erzhan Tokotayev--> Goalkeeper--> From what I watched he made some decent saves. I have doubts if some of our own goalies would have made those saves in those specific situations. He also is aware of through balls and does try to run out to intercept. Will be important for our strikers to not overcomplicate dribbling and try to catch him out while he is moving.

My keys to win for Iran:

1) Moving the ball around--> From what I saw, their midfield is not the fastest and if we can play in tight spaces,we can get through to face their defense. Guys like Gholizadeh/Torabi etc will be key to this strategy. They look uncomfortable if their players fall out of position so quick pass patterns and 1-2s will create gaps and opportunities. Skillful players likely will do well.

2) Defensive communication--> This Joel Kojo guy is 90% of their attack. As long as we don't make stupid turnovers and our centrebacks avoid getting in 1v1 runs with him we will be ok. Since we have old CBs their positioning needs to be the main focus with our wingbacks providing legs to run. The guy seems to score when the defense and GK don't communicate who is going for the ball.

3) Early crosses--> They have 3 fairly tall and strong CBs but are kind of slow. Oman was utilizing early crosses behind which were working well and causing dangerous chances. Azmoun and Taremi are both great for this with supply from any of our wingers esp Jahanbakhsh.

U have done more work than entire tm staff.
            They only watch 2 minutes highlights and advise general. They know whatever they say general will do what he wants so they keep it to minimum......

Comment

45 years of using pre 1979 constructions w/o
              Maintaining them sh1t has finally hit the ceilings all over these facilities.

Comment

Is paramount plus still going to show these qualifiers in the USA. I can’t find any info on it

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post

U have done more work than entire tm staff.
                  They only watch 2 minutes highlights and advise general. They know whatever they say general will do what he wants so they keep it to minimum......
                  If GN would use it I would work for free.

If his lineup reflects the post then we know GN reads PFDC

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

If GN would use it I would work for free.

If his lineup reflects the post then we know GN reads PFDC
                    U have to read it with bangeladeshi English accent.

Bangladeshi reporterh Mr general why u don't hire pp from pfdc from usa he said he work for free ha ha?

General: dar tm roo beh hame vazeh?hala shoma feker kun biad, Aya mitoneh dar charchoob tafakorateh galenoie Kar kuneh ?
                    Ya mikhad saz khodesho bezaneh?choon Inglisi Balgour mikoneh Dalil nemishe betoneh be ma komak koneh...shoma hamoon Khabar negar nobodi Azam porsidi Chera Estefa nadadam bad az bazi Qatar ?
                    Aliiiiiiii

Bangladeshi reporter; oh 1000 kisses for u and mr.ali you sexy good coach .

Comment

Originally posted by alieti View Post
                      Is paramount plus still going to show these qualifiers in the USA. I can’t find any info on it
                      I did huge search unfortunately not
                      But they will do acl.

It said disney+
                      And fifa app on smart TV lg or Samsung or fifa+, on phone or tablet.

Comment

General will run up the score.
                        Be ready to watch good old asia opponent a$$ whopping

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post
                          45 years of using pre 1979 constructions w/o
                          Maintaining them sh1t has finally hit the ceilings all over these facilities.

جاوید شاه که رفت و ایران رفت به گا

https://www.instagram.com/p/C_DVZ3Ltq9Q/
                          Last edited by webmaster; 09-04-2024, 01:47 AM.
                          __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                          We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                            Nice view tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post

Nice view tbh.
                              yeah the mountain next door is quite spectacular

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post

Nice view tbh.
                                It really is.
                                Good greenery around it too.
                                Honestly, perfect facilities for a team like Zob Ahan.

Also first TM game in Iran where the game is being played in a football only stadium.

Comment

Working...
                                X