No announcement yet.

Iran vs. Kyrgyzstan Sept 5th WCQ Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ at this time they are a better team as we saw in their result so far. They beat two times Asian champions Qatar 3-1 and we barely beat KGZ which has almost never won anything in Asia and is considered a third rated team in Asia. This means put aside your dogma and see the facts.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Nourafkan stats:
      - one long shot hit the post
      - one long shot Taremi scores on rebound
      - won all his tackles
      - 85% pass accuracy
      - won 5 aerial balls
      In day Ghoddos waa totally out of shape he had a quite decent day!
      One match but people understand why most coaches like this guy! He is all over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
        Next game will be in UAE and players get a decent pitch to play on so let's see what they have to say then. But at the same time UAE officials will do anything to affect the team melli outside of the pitch which I hope our peanut brains in TM coaching staff will understand this fact and not be affected by it. Another factor will be the refs. I can confidently say that the officiating will not be in our favor so players must be very careful not to get cards or get ejected. That could bring more stress to our team and our lower educated staff to find replacements in next games. We will still have at least 6 tough games to play. If we get 12 points in these games we will go through.

Overall UAE has a better chance than us unless we pull off a much better game and hope that the Gods of football are with us too.
        last time we played UAE the officials made a tight offside call in our favour which would have changed the whole match.

Qatar had no officials helping them and they got hammered 3-1

Saudi with their billions tied 6th seed Indonesia 1-1 at HOME

I just don't see the corrupt calls here so far at least. If anything In the Asian cup we should've had at least one red card v Hong Kong
        Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
          Nourafkan stats:
          - won all his tackles
          - 85% pass accuracy
          - won 5 aerial balls

Thanks for that. What Nokhodi Jaan was complaining about was Noorafkan being slow and out of position in defensive role.

Do you have any stats/analysis in terms of his defensive play?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Super Shojaei View Post

last time we played UAE the officials made a tight offside call in our favour which would have changed the whole match.

I just don't see the corrupt calls here so far at least. If anything In the Asian cup we should've had at least one red card v Hong Kong
            I watched the whole Qatar-UAE game and will write up an analysis in the match thread, but I will say UAE got a fishy favorable call by VAR that took away a Qatar penalty for a handball when the score was 1-1

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
              ^ at this time they are a better team as we saw in their result so far. They beat two times Asian champions Qatar 3-1 and we barely beat KGZ which has almost never won anything in Asia and is considered a third rated team in Asia. This means put aside your dogma and see the facts.
              Ya but does that also mean if UAE plays Australia or saudi or Jordan they they will win? Everyone had a bad day however we got the 3 points

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

I watched the whole Qatar-UAE game and will write up an analysis in the match thread, but I will say UAE got a fishy favorable call by VAR that took away a Qatar penalty for a handball when the score was 1-1
                Absolutely true on the penalty

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                  Nourafkan stats:
                  - won all his tackles
                  - 85% pass accuracy
                  - won 5 aerial balls

his offensive stats are ok. It’s his defense and lack of athleticism for today’s football I’m concerned about.

he would have made a great midfielder in 1993.

Comment

For anyone who actually watched the game instead of highlights, Noorafkan looked like he was running with hangover from two servings of koobideh.

All game when he got the ball he just either spammed a long shot, passed it back, or lost it lol.
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

his offensive stats are ok. It’s his defense and lack of athleticism for today’s football I’m concerned about.

he would have made a great midfielder in 1993.
                      Exactly. Kojo we easily put him on skates on two occasions, and his defensive awareness/positioning is horrible. IIRC in the Skocic era his defensive positioning cost us a few goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Shojaei View Post

Well let's see then

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

That's the major reason I say they are favorable to win because they have the refs to their benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaizai View Post

Ya but does that also mean if UAE plays Australia or saudi or Jordan they they will win? Everyone had a bad day however we got the 3 points
                            I just evaluated us versus UAE. No other remarks for now. But after the UAE game let's come back and see what happened.

Comment

Missed the match but the post-mortem from everyone is painful to read.

I guess I'm glad I missed it as I see the result and am grateful for the 3 points.

If we qualify it will be in spite of GN rather than because of him.

I struggle to understand why some our younger legionnaires were not invited but then all roads lead back to GN.

I'll take a draw away to UAE and 4 points from the opening two matches.
                              “I swear it upon Zeus an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.” - Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by khosro View Post

I'll take a draw away to UAE and 4 points from the opening two matches.
                                I take the point and run too. Getting cocky and full of galenoei's mambo jumbo will definitely punish us.

Comment

Working...
                                X