Galenoie apology is FY to all of us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
    Those of you who wish for CQ back... don't! He will be highly ineffective. The only reason he could cajole the IFF and the players was his popularity.

He has lost his popularity and given his age, he will be treated as a temporary figure. The players, the club coaches, the federation...all will not listen to him.

Not that I think the federation will be seriously pursuing him.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Agreed.

He had his time. His football is stuck in the 2000's and as you said, age has also caught up with him. Let him at least leave a good legacy.

IF he were to accept a role as sporting director, that would be amazing and something we could massively benefit from in the long run.

Comment

Something I don't understand about the people who were so aggressively opposed to CQ.
      I don't think those of us who supported him had any illusions about him being some sort of modern tactical genius, or even a high tier international coach.
      And the results were what they were. But that's sort of the point.

What CQ brought us, for honestly the first time in our football, was a PROFESSIONAL approach to team management, willing to work with IFF.
      Everything else, the tactics, system, preparation and training, player development, facilities development, etc., all went back to that one thing. Professional team management.
      And with the talent we have in the relatively small pond where we play, that was enough for a decade of consistently solid performance with 3 straight WC appearances and a few truly inspired performances against top European and South American teams. Bonus gain was spending that entire decade with regular legitimate chances of achieving real milestones for our football like getting to WC knockouts or winning AC again.

As much as I want our domestic coaches to grow and succeed, we simply don't currently have a truly professional team manager with an Iranian last name. And small fry foreign coaches languishing in 3rd tier professional leagues have the same shortcomings. Otherwise they'd be doing something better.

So now, we get to watch TM disintegrate, rapidly back to those old bad memories. I'm old enough to remember the days of praying we could beat the likes of UAE and Bahrain, just so we don't miss out on WC qualification.
      I hope they find a competent manager soon to stop the regression.

Comment

Originally posted by Butaloh View Post
        Something I don't understand about the people who were so aggressively opposed to CQ.
        I don't think those of us who supported him had any illusions about him being some sort of modern tactical genius, or even a high tier international coach.
        And the results were what they were. But that's sort of the point.

What CQ brought us, for honestly the first time in our football, was a PROFESSIONAL approach to team management, willing to work with IFF.
        Everything else, the tactics, system, preparation and training, player development, facilities development, etc., all went back to that one thing. Professional team management.
        And with the talent we have in the relatively small pond where we play, that was enough for a decade of consistently solid performance with 3 straight WC appearances and a few truly inspired performances against top European and South American teams. Bonus gain was spending that entire decade with regular legitimate chances of achieving real milestones for our football like getting to WC knockouts or winning AC again.

As much as I want our domestic coaches to grow and succeed, we simply don't currently have a truly professional team manager with an Iranian last name. And small fry foreign coaches languishing in 3rd tier professional leagues have the same shortcomings. Otherwise they'd be doing something better.

So now, we get to watch TM disintegrate, rapidly back to those old bad memories. I'm old enough to remember the days of praying we could beat the likes of UAE and Bahrain, just so we don't miss out on WC qualification.
        I hope they find a competent manager soon to stop the regression.
        A lot of anti-CQ fans are either young TM fans or pretty delusional and don't remember where we were before him.

I still remember when we lost to Saudi at home in Azadi in 2009 under that disaster run with Daei and missing the World Cup. We were ranked 67 in FIFA rankings before him, and we were ranked 20 after him. All these players like ARJ/Eza/etc at the U17 level were handpicked by him and his staff after traveling throughout the country and holding camps during the offseason. Under him we went undefeated against SK for probably the longest streak in our recent history. Also remember all the quality friendlies we got under him? South American countries, Uruguay, Senegal,

Some people here don't remember how in the leadup to the 2014 World Cup, CQ had to butt heads with the federation because they didn't provide a high enough salary for him to get a proper coaching staff, a lot of them were pretty much working for free because CQ paid them with his own salary.

Yall remember when he butted heads with the IFF to make it so that our players would get business class flights instead of economy class that would take 6+ hours or more?

Or when he held weekend camps for PGPL players to come to and train and develop every weekend?

Or when Qatar and UAE had to pay for our camp away because IFF wouldn't pay?

This team under GN has basically all the players he spent 5-6 years cultivating from 2014-2019. The new generation of incoming TM players will develop under the likes of Teymourian and Rahman Rezaeian in the couching staff, who are useless and don't contribute to anything besides hashieh.

Quite honestly the guy made gold out of the shittiest situation and anyone who insults him based on "tactics" doesn't know the first thing that goes on behind the scenes and the level he progressed our football at every level.

BTW even the Chamanian golden generation was handpicked by him in 2017. All these players like Hosseinzadeh and Allahyar who are starting to come into their game were recruited into the team by his assistants who he sent to assist Chamanian

Comment

I doubt you will find a CQ fan bigger than me. I believe we should build his statue and place it in every stadium in Iran.

Those who want him back as a manager are thinking emotionally and not thinking about the Iranian psyche.

CQ will have a revival and get his deserved place in the pantheon of Iranian sport immediately after his death.

He will be completely ineffective before that.

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
            I doubt you will find a CQ fan bigger than me. I believe we should build his statue and place it in every stadium in Iran.

Those who want him back as a manager are thinking emotionally and not thinking about the Iranian psyche.

CQ will have a revival and get his deserved place in the pantheon of Iranian sport immediately after his death.

He will be completely ineffective before that.

OFC no one wants him back, his era is over. We need someone like Sanchez/Renard that make gold out of garbage as a HC to compete with other nations long term. Talent is not enough for us

Comment

I've been saying this for a long time, Morais is the best option for us. Why? He will gain the respect of the players and fans like he did at Sepahan due to his pedigree and cultural integration AND he can deal with Iranian football bullshit, which sadly is 80 percent of this job.

You can bring in the best foreign coach you want. But if they don't find the headaches of dealing with the Iranian system worth it, they'll just leave, and hard to blame them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
                I've been saying this for a long time, Morais is the best option for us. Why? He will gain the respect of the players and fans like he did at Sepahan due to his pedigree and cultural integration AND he can deal with Iranian football bullshit, which sadly is 80 percent of this job.

You can bring in the best foreign coach you want. But if they don't find the headaches of dealing with the Iranian system worth it, they'll just leave, and hard to blame them.
                Renard is one of those guys to deal with b.s to
                U are absolutely right about dealing with b.s .

MOARIS HAS LOST ALMOST EVERY MUST WIN match WITH SEPAHAN with team of super stars.he be great u23 coach to lead iran to Olympic after 52 years he is excellent with youths.

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post

Renard is one of those guys to deal with b.s to
                  U are absolutely right about dealing with b.s .

MOARIS HAS LOST ALMOST EVERY MUST WIN match WITH SEPAHAN with team of super stars.he be great u23 coach to lead iran to Olympic after 52 years he is excellent with youths.
                  Agreed. Renard has the chops to do it. He was in Zambia for a long time so he knows what's up with developing country football

Comment

play victim, play low key, come up with a comment like " We won, held clean sheet" blablabla This is QN in a nutshell

Comment

Ksa and algeria fans want Renard after their uninspiring performance lately

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                        Ksa and algeria fans want Renard after their uninspiring performance lately
                        if those federations show serious interest
                        iff wont stand a chance then ..!:/
                        as if ..!

Comment

Working...
                        X