No announcement yet.

Iran vs. UAE Sept 10th WCQ Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else not feeling as excited during these qualifiers? 4 years ago, 3 points away against a tricky arab team felt amazing. Now it's just meh.

Maybe because you must be garbage not to qualify with the new format, or simply because we have a shitty manager with no bright future.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghormesabzi View Post
      Anyone else not feeling as excited during these qualifiers? 4 years ago, 3 points away against a tricky arab team felt amazing. Now it's just meh.

Maybe because you must be garbage not to qualify with the new format, or simply because we have a shitty manager with no bright future.
      100%. FIFA rid be Jaame Jahani.
      Hich hayajani nist.
      DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Think it’s been more entertaining as the bottom teams have more to play for so you’re seeing teams like Indonesia and Kuwait rise to the occasion doing a fair bit better

if you’re a fan of a mid tier Asian team it’s arguably the most entertaining qualifiers ever

if you’re a japan or Korean fan for example then yes it’s boring
        Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
          We need one of Hosseinejad or Nourollahi in midfield.

Our team looks colossal. Our CBs did ok but they are sooooooo slow. They need someone with speed in front of them.

Literally a backline of hairy Per Mertesackers
          We need a close out dmf .

When up come in and close the game.

Unfortunately gorbani was given that opportunity and that pk if stand was his fault.
          Ghorbani is not it.

Like pp when up goal last 2 years asadbigi would come in and he just run ,destroy othe team passes, push the ball forward and kill the clock.....

Comment

I wonder if CQ watches our games lol.

Comment

Odds are the same as before (2/6 in group qualify directly) - and it's even more competitive now with how much better the less known teams are getting.

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                Stupid Arab fans throwing bottles onto the field
                We Iranians are the worst offender in this regard. Didn't you watch the previous match?

Comment

For me it’s this way for 2 reasons

- our coach is so bad, there’s zero hope we will do anything in the WC. With Carlos and our strong defense you knew we had a chance against even the best teams. We know deep down that a lowly rated team can move past us pretty easily, also our top players are aging so they will obviously be older and worst come the WC. We don’t have too much young talent / we don’t see the talent used to get excited for the future. In short, we aren’t as good, we are poorly managed, and the path suggests we will just get worst come the WC.

- The new WC format destroyed the fun of the qualifiers. It’s pretty difficult to not quality now. We also have gotten used to qualifying consistently now.
                  --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                  --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                  ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                  --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                  ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

I can’t believe people are asking for that bache sepah bi orze Torabi. He has had so many chances with TM. Not only does he not have a neck, he doesn’t have any quality in attack and has consistently been a waste of space. He can’t even dribble against mid tier Asian opponents.

Taremi has always had sooti here and there, this is nothing new. Azmoun being wank up front is expected given his career trajectory. He should stay as a super sub.

Ezatollahi… the good is he is physical, has good tackles and anticipation. The bad is that my god was he so sloppy in possession. I encourage you all to watch the game and just focus on his pass completion and possession . He gave away so many passes and needlessly hoofed up balls to UAE GK. Are we really this desperate for midfield talent? Is PGL really this empty?

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                      I can’t believe people are asking for that bache sepah bi orze Torabi. He has had so many chances with TM. Not only does he not have a neck, he doesn’t have any quality in attack and has consistently been a waste of space. He can’t even dribble against mid tier Asian opponents.

Taremi has always had sooti here and there, this is nothing new. Azmoun being wank up front is expected given his career trajectory. He should stay as a super sub.

Ezatollahi… the good is he is physical, has good tackles and anticipation. The bad is that my god was he so sloppy in possession. I encourage you all to watch the game and just focus on his pass completion and possession . He gave away so many passes and needlessly hoofed up balls to UAE GK. Are we really this desperate for midfield talent? Is PGL really this empty?
                      We have a few CDM studs in the league and legionnaires that could be given tryouts in TM but I doubt GN knows they exist.

Here is a few:

Aref Haji Eydi (25 year old in Aluminum Arak who is very physical Nourallahi style CDM with lots of stamina): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NSSTMLa3UU

Paya Pichkah (24 year old in IF Brommapojkarna who is a giant of a person and does pretty well under pressure): https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3NQXHticb4/

^ I think oracle jan would love Pichkah specifically, if you watch the highlights his goals are always bombafkan style

Comment

Super awesome: Eza, shoja
                        Great: kanani, hardani, beiro, milad
                        good: ghalenoi, gholi
                        good enough: sardar, ghaedi, JB

Comment

Originally posted by FeLFeL View Post

*EDITED* like you who look at one play they don't like and write a player off entirely, drive me nutz!!

Scrappy win. Well done boyz.
                          Please keep things respectful, no need for personal attacks

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post

For me it’s this way for 2 reasons

- our coach is so bad, there’s zero hope we will do anything in the WC. With Carlos and our strong defense you knew we had a chance against even the best teams. We know deep down that a lowly rated team can move past us pretty easily, also our top players are aging so they will obviously be older and worst come the WC. We don’t have too much young talent / we don’t see the talent used to get excited for the future. In short, we aren’t as good, we are poorly managed, and the path suggests we will just get worst come the WC.

- The new WC format destroyed the fun of the qualifiers. It’s pretty difficult to not quality now. We also have gotten used to qualifying consistently now.
                            Think some of the other results of Australia losing to Bahrain and Saudi Arabia drawing to Indonesia have certainly been fun

if anything This current format encourages the smaller teams to play harder every match because most teams will have a chance for a precious 4th place spot till the end . Anyway aside from Japan I don’t think any team has really impressed whollly during these qualifiers even Uzbekistan looked lacklustre against North Korea at home and showed some defensive inadequacies against Krgyz
                            Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              Ghorbani has been atrocious. Last to the ball on everything. Putting everyone at risk.
                              He sucks defensively
                              This way the turtle Ezzat can play another decade even on wheelchair!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I will not invite Ghorbani anymore!!
                                Play in so called europe or not, he sucks!
                                Nourafkan is not my fav but much better than him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X