Iran vs. UAE Sept 10th WCQ Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arj42 View Post

Bro I get all of that stuff but these guys are the best in the world!!!!!! I understand that it looks easier than it is from watching professional soccer on TV but how can there be excuses for this????? I’m not talking about ibrahimovic level power, I’m just asking about very average normal level shot power you see at any level of soccer around the world. Every single shot we take is either finesse shot or extremly light tap, both of which travel very very slow. Typing this makes me want to pull my hair out….
    Did u just finish watching n.k highlights 😁
    Both their goals was powerful the 2nd one was crazy power.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post

He sucks defensively
      This way the turtle Ezzat can play another decade even on wheelchair!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I think he just doesn't fit the profile of TM. He plays like a modern number 6 who is aggressive, but TM needs a complete all around midfielder who can both defend and be offensive since we play double pivot. Ghorbani is not very good in defense. IMO we need to switch to a three man midfield the sooner the better.

Give me a technical player like Hosseinejad, Eza with his defense and clean passes, and someone like Nourallahi who can run his ass off and u got urself a pretty good midfield

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post

Did u just finish watching n.k highlights 😁
        Both their goals was powerful the 2nd one was crazy power.
        Yup, and that’s literal North Korea!!!! Like wtf🤣 another example is Almoez goal today. Bro just kick the ball with your laces towards the net. Is what I’m saying outlandish?????

Comment

Yup, and that’s literal North Korea!!!! Like wtf🤣 another example is Almoez goal today. Bro just kick the ball with your laces towards the net. Is what I’m saying outlandish?????
          cue Saeed hitting a long shot that hits the post

Comment

No............

Comment

I woke up for this game at 2am expecting a horrible performance. Maybe it was my low expectations, but I thought this was one of GN’s better games. A few points:

* Firstly, at the first sign of pressure, GN abandoned his “hoojoomi” gameplan and played a practical game allowing UAE the majority of the possession. I will no longer hear Iranian commentators talk down CQ’s approach. This is the correct approach to games away against Persian Gulf opponents, we have been burned far too many times taking them lightly (Socceroos are learning those lessons now).
              * I will say it until I am blue in the face, but Shoja is simply not TM material. His positioning is seriously horrible, he makes late decisions and tackles which look good if they come off, but the only reason he has to do them is because he is so poor positionally and gets himself into trouble. Better Centre backs never make miracle interceptions or tackles. He will cost us against better opponents, and it is not like he is young so needs experience. We need Hazbavi now, let him gain experience
              * Our finishing was horrible. Taremi can be forgiven because at least he is challenging himself at a great team in a top league. Azmoun Al Ahli is clearly off form. What a shame the way his career has ended up.
              * I think 1-0 flattered UAE. They produced very little. Our 4-3-3 was much more solid compared to 4-4-2. It’s worth moving Taremi to the left of the 4-3-3 if we want to play both him and Azmoun, but since it seems Azmoun has given up his career, let him come off the bench and keep Ghaedi. Allahyar needs minutes and given our lack of midfield options, Hosseinnejad is a must.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                UAE is playing with the exact same eleven and formation/strategy I analyzed.

GN GN sign me up
                You’re too competent to be signed up by that thug 😫

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post

🤣🤣🤣
                  TAGH TAVILEH WORD WAS INVENTED BY PERSIANS.

It goes back to our style
                  Of drib goal.
                  All the Persians first play with ball they play a game called drib goal. Shooting from outside would get laughed at as being weak.
                  Or God forbid a guy would score from outside
                  HE WILL GET NICKNAME OF "KHAR SHOOT"
                  YAROO FOOTBALL Balad nist faghat khar shooteh . Outside shots are not really in our blood.
                  It's more of cultural thing
                  Lolll so scoring long shots with POWERFUL shots, which takes STRENGTH & precision, is seen as weak???

Lolll very interesting.

It really has been ages since we've had someone who can regularly take great long shots.

I really miss Bagheri, Teymourian, and Nekounam.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post

Lolll so scoring long shots with POWERFUL shots, which takes STRENGTH & precision, is seen as weak???

Lolll very interesting.

It really has been ages since we've had someone who can regularly take great long shots.

I really miss Bagheri, Teymourian, and Nekounam.
                    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
                    They say he just shoots like a donkey.

Comment

Working...
                    X