Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keano View Post
    Here's an improved version of your post:

You said it! We once again find ourselves in a situation eerily similar to 2005-2007 era, when TM's 2006 World Cup squad was filled with stars approaching the end of their careers. Our forwards, once known for their precision, struggled to find the back of the net. Right after the World Cup, we endured several years without top-tier talents.

However, by 2011-2012, Team Melli began its improvement, reclaiming the brilliance it was once known for.

Anyway let's hope we see a similar turnaround in the coming years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah Team Melli coaches are usually too risk averse due to the media backlash if things go wrong

you see this in the IPL too - Esteghal , Persepolis and tractor all not giving enough chances to young players
    Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

TM always takes a long time replacing players, Ansarifard, Hajsafi, and Ramin only RECENTLY got dropped form the squad lists, let that sink in. So it is tough for us to be optimistic for new players given how little chance we give players we invite (like Sayyadmanesh), or the players PFDC members have tracked playing in European leagues that GN has no clue about to even invite.

This is why it is tough to be optimisic, because we know we are going in to the 2026 WC, with pretty much the 2018 squad with a few modifications.
      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

I dont think we will be as bad as after 2006 era but yeah, the younger kids don't look as good as like Taremi, Azmoun, JB, Saeed, Beiro, etc! Unless all of sudden we see a late developed talent such as Daei, Taremi!

Comment

2030 wc if general still around

Shakori
          Aria kanani hezbavi jalali
          Saeed hajsafi
          Alahyar hossinejad gaedy
          Aghaipour

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
            TM always takes a long time replacing players, Ansarifard, Hajsafi, and Ramin only RECENTLY got dropped form the squad lists, let that sink in. So it is tough for us to be optimistic for new players given how little chance we give players we invite (like Sayyadmanesh), or the players PFDC members have tracked playing in European leagues that GN has no clue about to even invite.

This is why it is tough to be optimisic, because we know we are going in to the 2026 WC, with pretty much the 2018 squad with a few modifications.
            well we relied upon experience heavily - didn't we have the oldest team in the 2022 WC- 2024 Asian Cup too our team was old af.

I joined the GN out brigade when he subbed in Ansarifarid in against Hong Kong in the Asian Cup group match- that match was a prime opportunity to give young talent in our team a chance and he didn't . showed me everything you need to know

but even in our league theres deep-rooted problems - the bigger teams Esteghal, Persepolis , Tractor Sepehan sign old foreigners on big contracts and don't want to give youth a chance - this halts the progress of team Melli. The clubs would rather trust a 31 year old Angolan or 35 year old Frenchman than give youth a try - this leads to young Iranian players unable to break out of the league - the clubs are too reliant on that sweet ACL money so are doing everything to chase that so they dare not give a chance to youth . the cycle then repeats

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post
              2030 wc if general still around

Shakori
              Aria kanani hezbavi jalali
              Saeed hajsafi
              Alahyar hossinejad gaedy
              Aghaipour
              Ey baba thats the worst possible usage of our young players Arya is LW and Aghaeipour played right winger for Sepahan and SS Khuzestan.

Let me give you perfect 2030 fantasy squad:

Shakouri
              Andarz - Hazbavi - Fallah - Reyvandi

Razzaghinia - Hosseinejad - Rostami

Allahyar - Saharkhizan - Ghaedi

(mostly jokes)

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post

Ey baba thats the worst possible usage of our young players Arya is LW and Aghaeipour played right winger for Sepahan and SS Khuzestan.

Let me give you perfect 2030 fantasy squad:

Shakouri
                Andarz - Hazbavi - Fallah - Reyvandi

Razzaghinia - Hosseinejad - Rostami

Allahyar - Saharkhizan - Ghaedi

(mostly jokes)
                Galenoie will bring goli off the bench

Comment

great post
                  WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                    Agreed! Here is my version of your post:

You said it! We once again find ourselves in a situation eerily similar to 2005-2007 era, when TM's 2006 World Cup squad was filled with stars approaching the end of their careers. Our forwards, once known for their precision, struggled to find the back of the net. Right after the World Cup, we endured several years without top-tier talents.

However, by 2011-2012, Team Melli began its improvement, reclaiming the brilliance it was once known for.

Anyway let's hope we see a similar turnaround in the coming years.

I think the difference is now the bottom tier Asian sides have improved and are more capable of getting points off the top tier teams but still most likely they can’t do enough to break the top tier teams for the long run

2010 was the most unique qualification process because North Korea massively over achieved thanks to a few j league recruits hitting their prime at the right time whilst Iran and Saudi Arabia both seemingly self destructed at the same time . Now In 2026 I don’t see any of the bottom tier sides sustaining a challenge through 10 games maybe the likes of Indonesia and Bahrain can sneak a top four spot though

Comment

Originally posted by Super Shojaei View Post

I think the difference is now the bottom tier Asian sides have improved and are more capable of getting points off the top tier teams but still most likely they can’t do enough to break the top tier teams for the long run

2010 was the most unique qualification process because North Korea massively over achieved thanks to a few j league recruits hitting their prime at the right time whilst Iran and Saudi Arabia both seemingly self destructed at the same time . Now In 2026 I don’t see any of the bottom tier sides sustaining a challenge through 10 games maybe the likes of Indonesia and Bahrain can sneak a top four spot though
                      TBH with the way the last two match days have gone, I am predicting top three of Iran, Uzbek, NK. It seems like Qatar is self destructing, and North Koreans are playing like their lives are on the line

Comment

This TM is sorely missing an Ando/Amiri type of hard running , high stamina, MF destroying, clever but a nasty, punishingly physical headhunter..!

Comment

I finally figured out why players love general.

HE DONT PRESS THATS WHY.

YESTERDAY I WAS AMAZED WITH UAE WEAKness IN THE BACK and we didn't press them.😅😅
                          If we pressed them if wouldnt had to come to var disallow pk to walk away with 3pt.
                          Persian players hate to press and a coach like general barley like to press , he is match made in heaven for persian players.

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post

TBH with the way the last two match days have gone, I am predicting top three of Iran, Uzbek, NK. It seems like Qatar is self destructing, and North Koreans are playing like their lives are on the line
                            Qatar always start bad and them make run at the end and usually fail🤣 iran and Uzbekistan
                            Should run with this group but qatar and uae will both make the cut and go to plYoffs.
                            Now if n.k played in there big military clothing fans pack the stands then yes i put n.k in the playoffs but i dont think not having home firld they can out point uae and qatar.

Comment

North Korea is a strong team. Imagine if they were hosting. We actually could lose there

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post

Qatar always start bad and them make run at the end and usually fail🤣 iran and Uzbekistan
                                Should run with this group but qatar and uae will both make the cut and go to plYoffs.
                                Now if n.k played in there big military clothing fans pack the stands then yes i put n.k in the playoffs but i dont think not having home firld they can out point uae and qatar.
                                Qatar have still a lot of tough matches to face they’re still to play Uzbek and Iran x 2 I think these are far tougher games than what they just faced so I’m not sure they will make it

Comment

Working...
                                X