Can Iran benefit from a 3-4-3 formation like Japan?πŸ’‘

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Iran benefit from a 3-4-3 formation like Japan?πŸ’‘

I noticed Team e' Melli plays in a 4-2-3-1 formation and scores few goals. Japan in comparison has been winning their last four qualifiers by at least 5 goals. I have uploaded a couple of attachments for more clarity. Your thoughts?

Please read: https://jobsinfootball.com/blog/tactics/3-4-3-formation
    Attached Files
    sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

going with 3 CB in the back would benefit current TM as defense is where we are the weakest IMO. IMO Moharrami has played there during CL matches for Zaghred. A back 3 of Moharrami - Kanaani - Hazbavi would be interesting.

The biggest problem is wingback. The only combination of wingback that I could see working is Allahyar and Mohebi. but if we switch to 3-4-3 we can have Mohebi and Ghaedi on at the same time. Its interesting play style. We could also benefit from 3-5-2 and having that extra midfielder there, we saw how much better defense was against UAE.

This would be an interesting experimental formation to tryout:

Moharrami - Kanaani - Hazbavi

Mohebi - Hosseinejad - Eza - Ghoddos - Allahyar

Taremi - Saharkhizan

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post
      going with 3 CB in the back would benefit current TM as defense is where we are the weakest IMO. IMO Moharrami has played there during CL matches for Zaghred. A back 3 of Moharrami - Kanaani - Hazbavi would be interesting.

The biggest problem is wingback. The only combination of wingback that I could see working is Allahyar and Mohebi. but if we switch to 3-4-3 we can have Mohebi and Ghaedi on at the same time. Its interesting play style. We could also benefit from 3-5-2 and having that extra midfielder there, we saw how much better defense was against UAE.

This would be an interesting experimental formation to tryout:

Moharrami - Kanaani - Hazbavi

Mohebi - Hosseinejad - Eza - Ghoddos - Allahyar

Taremi - Saharkhizan
      Sometimes I can’t tell if these suggestions are serious. A back 3 doesn’t mean you are more offensive. It means without the ball you actually are defending with 5 out and out defenders…Mohebbi is effective running behind the last man and finishing in the box, using his aerial abilities close to sardar/taremi. In Rostov system when he really hit form he was practically a second forward. Allahyar is similar as well, his wing back experiment at hull was over before it even started. Neither can actually defend an average quality international winger for 90 mins. No chance in hell. especially with that midfield you suggest that already looks highly suspect defensively issue of wing backs is so critical.( ezatolahi can hardly move, ghoddos similar and hosseinNejad is active while active in pressing phase- that btw tm doesn’t even utilize- no indication so far of him being competent defensively further back besides a bad red card in acl for a stupid tackle that killed sepahan).

reality is we have had big lack of quality full backs in iran for some time. Wing back adds another layer of complexity entirely. Possibly only Moharrami can fill one of those slots well, and definitely not as a third cb where he is very undersized.

when you think of teams that play 3 back what stands out immediately is their phenomenal wing backs and central mids. In iran we have neither and none are coming in the pipeline. The advantage you get from a back 3 is most obvious in these 2 zones, but only if you have the personnel to execute it.

Although 3 back seems somewhat attractive on paper or video games, actually carrying it out with this group of players who have little/no experience with it is a recipe for disaster, as we saw with game vs England. Add to that the fact our coaching staff hardly seem capable of getting them to play properly with formations they are comfortable with.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

Sometimes I can’t tell if these suggestions are serious. Mohebbi is effective running behind the last man and finishing in the box, using his aerial abilities close to sardar/taremi. In Rostov system when he really hit form he was practically a second forward. Allahyar is similar as well, his wing back experiment at hull was over before it even started. Neither can actually defend an average quality international winger for 90 mins. No chance in hell. especially with that midfield you suggest that already looks highly suspect defensively issue of wing backs is so critical.( ezatolahi can hardly move, ghoddos similar and hosseinNejad is active while active in pressing phase- that btw tm doesn’t even utilize- no indication so far of him being competent defensively further back besides a bad red card in acl for a stupid tackle that killed sepahan).

reality is we have had big lack of quality full backs in iran for some time. Wing back adds another layer of complexity entirely. Possibly only Moharrami can fill one of those slots well, and definitely not as a third cb where he is very undersized.

when you think of teams that play 3 back what stands out immediately is their phenomenal wing backs and central mids. In iran we have neither and none are coming in the pipeline. The advantage you get from a back 3 is most obvious in these 2 zones, but only if you have the personnel to execute it.

Although 3 back seems somewhat attractive on paper or video games, actually carrying it out with this group of players who have little/no experience with it is a recipe for disaster, as we saw with game vs England. Add to that the fact our coaching staff hardly seem capable of getting them to play properly with formations they are comfortable with.
        The reason I put Mohebi on the wing is because of his physicality and quality in both attack and defense. Its why I said I could ONLY see him doing that role because other wingers on our team don't have that quality. If ARJ or Gholi plays wingback = conceding that whole side tbh. Allahyar played wingback for Hull City in those brief 3-4 months and he did pretty well there before his injury sent him off the stratosphere.

I'm sure you watch a lot of Italian football and most managers opt for a 3-5-2 not because of their quality in midfield/wingers but because of the defensive shape it provides. 3 CB in the back against teams who lack quality wingers effectively shuts them down since the middle is so congested. Its why Mourinho had that Europa League run, you think they won because Christensen is a good wingback?

Even last season when we watched Azmoun in Roma, you saw how De Rossi switched between 3-5-2/4-3-3 depending on the opponent. Their CBs certainly didn't have much quality lol.

I am not sure if you remember, but Ghalenoei actually ran a 3-5-2 system in his first stint as TM manager, when he lost to South Korea on penalties in the AC. Its actually his favorite system, and I'm 99% sure we would be playing that if not for the fact that we have Taremi - Azmoun duo and we need to shoehorn them in a playstyle that fits them together.

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post

The reason I put Mohebi on the wing is because of his physicality and quality in both attack and defense. Its why I said I could ONLY see him doing that role because other wingers on our team don't have that quality. If ARJ or Gholi plays wingback = conceding that whole side tbh. Allahyar played wingback for Hull City in those brief 3-4 months and he did pretty well there before his injury sent him off the stratosphere.

I'm sure you watch a lot of Italian football and most managers opt for a 3-5-2 not because of their quality in midfield/wingers but because of the defensive shape it provides. 3 CB in the back against teams who lack quality wingers effectively shuts them down since the middle is so congested. Its why Mourinho had that Europa League run, you think they won because Christensen is a good wingback?
          it provides defensive shape bc the wing backs collapse and make it a back 5. And often one of them is even much more defensive than the other (see darmian as opposed to dimarco).

Go find anybody in Europe using 2 wingers who are actually closer to wide forwards than anything as wing backs in a system with 2 slow ass cms. It’s a recipe for disaster.

additionally such a drastic system change (tm has not played with 3 back formation consistently or even occasionally for many decades) would require an extended period of time to bed in. Especially as the players are not familiar with it at the club level besides Moharrami, who has been injured most of his adult life. This is a luxury tm does not have in the midst of wcq

Comment

it provides defensive shape bc the wing backs collapse and make it a back 5. And often one of them is even much more defensive than the other (see darmian as opposed to dimarco).

Go find anybody in Europe using 2 wingers who are actually closer to wide forwards than anything as wing backs in a system with 2 slow ass cms. It’s a recipe for disaster.

additionally such a drastic system change (tm has not played with 3 back formation consistently or even occasionally for many decades) would require an extended period of time to bed in. Especially as the players are not familiar with it at the club level besides Moharrami. A luxury tm does not have in the midst of wcq
            This made me go back and check to see the lineup we had against South Korea in 2009 in AC

Rahmati

Kaebi - Aghili - Hosseini - Nosrati - Nouri

Mahdavikia - Teymourian - Nekounam - Karimi

Shojaei

ey vay

Comment

If we could field prime vahid amiri as a lwb and mahdavikia as a rwb then you would be on to something with back 3.

Comment

We don't have the players for 3-4-3 these days.

You know who has pulled off 3-4-3 recently?

Chelsea and Liverpool. Do you know what they have? Runners.

What don't we have? Runners.

Prime Vahid Amiri and a younger Rezaian would have been great for this on the wings.

We need physically able(read fast) CBs good on the ball for this which Kanaani and Shoja are not.

The midfielders in 3-4-3 are also versatile, capable of running, distribution, and covering ground.

Nourollahi might work in this but Ezatolahi is wrong for this.

If Taremi plays false 9 with Saharkhizan and Gholizadeh wide that would work for the top 3.

Comment

3 at the back is an interesting experiment but ultimately TM is built and will always be built for 4-3-3 due to the way youth in Iran grow up playing. In fact I believe that game against UAE was the best game under GN aside from Japan. They basically never saw our goal, and if Azmoun and Taremi were more clinical we could have walked away 4-0.

I'm always a fan of single striker system for TM

Comment

If we could field prime vahid amiri as a lwb and mahdavikia as a rwb then you would be on to something with back 3.
                    Pretty much this!
                    Otherwise we experimented this few times without much success!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You need brains and speed for 3 CBs to play like this and our CBS and coaches dont have either
                      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Working...
                      X