X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran vs. Uzbekistan Oct. 10th WCQ Match Thread

Date: October 10th, 2024
    Time: 7am PST
    Location: Milliy Stadium (formerly Bunyodkor Stadium) in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.

Mentally preparing for a 1-1 snoozefest

Comment

Originally posted by arj42 View Post
      Mentally preparing for a 1-1 snoozefest
      physically preparing to be nauseated

Comment

We will rock them.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Last two times we played Uzbeks we got ran over by their midfield because we played 2 striker formation against their 3-5-2. Lets see if GN has learned his lesson to play 4-3-3 like he did against UAE or if he's gonna play Sardar and Taremi spam again

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
            We will rock them.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
            in Tashkent?

do you know something we don’t ? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post
              Last two times we played Uzbeks we got ran over by their midfield because we played 2 striker formation against their 3-5-2. Lets see if GN has learned his lesson to play 4-3-3 like he did against UAE or if he's gonna play Sardar and Taremi spam again
              If he plays Noorafkan in the middle again…

we need Amiri and Ezatollahi and Ghodoos in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

If he plays Noorafkan in the middle again…

we need Amiri and Ezatollahi and Ghodoos in the middle.
                Hell even if not Amiri, just a switch to 4-3-3 would make us much more stable (even defensively). Just put in one of Hosseinzadeh/Hosseinejad next to Ghoddos and Eza. Playing Taremi as CAM is a failed experiment, we should just play him up top and bring in Sardar or switch to 2 striker formation when the opponents midfield is weaker

Comment

My eyes don't drink water for this game.
                  __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                  We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Hell even if not Amiri, just a switch to 4-3-3 would make us much more stable (even defensively). Just put in one of Hosseinzadeh/Hosseinejad next to Ghoddos and Eza. Playing Taremi as CAM is a failed experiment, we should just play him up top and bring in Sardar or switch to 2 striker formation when the opponents midfield is weaker
                    I think it definitely matters who the 3rd person is.

4-3-3 alone is not enough.

In the last round, he took out Ghoddos and brought in Ali Karimi. We got worse. Then he took out Azmoun and brought on Cheshmi. We got even worse.

We need one workhorse next to Ghoddos and Ezatolahi. Amiri/Hosseinzadeh/Hosseinejad Anyone who fits the mold.

If we play 4-3-3 with a midfield three of Ezatolahi/Ghoddos/Noorafkan we run the risk of getting cooked in transition

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

I think it definitely matters who the 3rd person is.

4-3-3 alone is not enough.

In the last round, he took out Ghoddos and brought in Ali Karimi. We got worse. Then he took out Azmoun and brought on Cheshmi. We got even worse.

We need one workhorse next to Ghoddos and Ezatolahi. Amiri/Hosseinzadeh/Hosseinejad Anyone who fits the mold.

If we play 4-3-3 with a midfield three of Ezatolahi/Ghoddos/Noorafkan we run the risk of getting cooked in transition
                      I could see Hosseinzadeh doing well in that role but tbh neither hosseinejad or him are the Amiri type. Nejad is more Ghoddos style CAM and Zadeh is a CAM/Inside forward almost.

If we're looking for someone with a lot pace and engine to keep running up and down Amiri style then we gotta either invite back Nourallahi or invite Aref Haji Eydi from Aluminum (he would add A LOT in my opinion).

Maybe oracle or Nokhodi who follow PGPL more closely or who watches Aluminum games can attest but Haji Eydi would be an amazing addition in my opinion to the midfield with his lung capacity.

Comment

Btw Mohebi is back and ready to go so expect him to start one of the games. Probably GNs favorite player in the squad lol

Comment

I could see Hosseinzadeh doing well in that role but tbh neither hosseinejad or him are the Amiri type. Nejad is more Ghoddos style CAM and Zadeh is a CAM/Inside forward almost.

If we're looking for someone with a lot pace and engine to keep running up and down Amiri style then we gotta either invite back Nourallahi or invite Aref Haji Eydi from Aluminum (he would add A LOT in my opinion).

Maybe oracle or Nokhodi who follow PGPL more closely or who watches Aluminum games can attest but Haji Eydi would be an amazing addition in my opinion to the midfield with his lung capacity.
                          For sure would love to hear it. I guess I am suggesting that someone who can break Uzbekistan's press whether thats Nourollahi running up with the ball or Hosseinejad with decent passing/running.

What we don't need is another ghool CM who wants to play heading games with the Uzbek midfield
                          Last edited by perspolis#1; Today, 05:13 AM.

Comment

We certainly are capable of winning this game provided GN and his team have the right plan.

We win this game, and we are %65 there towards qualifying.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

For sure would love to hear it. I guess I am suggesting that someone who can break Uzbekistan's press whether thats Nourollahi running up with the ball or Hosseinejad with decent passing/running.

What we don't need is another ghool CM who wants to play heading games with the Uzbek midfield
                              Hosseinnejad and Hosseinzadeh are not midfielders who can put in the defensive work we need in that area.

Amiri is great at chasing, winning the ball pack and quickly transitioning to attack.

among the central midfield players GN calls up, only Ezatollahi has decent defensive capabilities.

Comment

Working...
                              X