Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GN Squad Selection is a Problem

We need to have this discussion.

Yet again we find ourselves in a situation where our only right back is going to miss the next game. This scenario sound familiar to anyone?

So who do we have to replace Hardani? Aria Yousefi. That's right, a left winger for Sepahan who hasn't played right back in 9 months.

GN seems to be incapable of doing these two things:

1. Correct Squad selection that gives us options in case of emergency
    2. Youth in the CORRECT positions. Aria Yousefi is not the player to call up when we have Hardani and Moharrami. Instead an experienced RB from PGPL till Moharrami returns from injury would have sufficed. We need to try youth in midfield, forward, and CB. NOT at RB where we are already young.

Bro Sardar is clearly not fit to even play 10 minutes, he is playing as the guy who has to score , he can’t run he is overweight, he doesn’t care he made his mind up to not stay in shape , in mean I don’t blame him….

GN is the clearly not a good coach he

Comment

Not only issues with squad selection, but also team selection.

We have some really good young talent, but he refuses to play them. Allahyar, Hossein-Nejad, Hosseinzadeh, Saharkhizan, even Zahiroleslam, all don't get called up in favor of players like Noorafkan and Moghanlou.

Comment

Originally posted by a_m View Post
        Bro Sardar is clearly not fit to even play 10 minutes, he is playing as the guy who has to score , he can’t run he is overweight, he doesn’t care he made his mind up to not stay in shape , in mean I don’t blame him….

GN is the clearly not a good coach he
        Azmoun has only scored 1 goal (vs HK) for TM in almost 38 shots on goal from our team. Simply not acceptable for a guy of his caliber.

Comment

GN is so bad that I would be happy with ,players like Noorafkan and Moghanlou playing instead of Sardar right now , that is how low the expectations are now..

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
            Not only issues with squad selection, but also team selection.

We have some really good young talent, but he refuses to play them. Allahyar, Hossein-Nejad, Hosseinzadeh, Saharkhizan, even Zahiroleslam, all don't get called up in favor of players like Noorafkan and Moghanlou.
            Exactly those are who we need to play. Not Aria Yousefi who is forgettable for Sepahan at best (and I'm a Sepahan fan).

Hosseinejad could have helped us out a lot today with some speed and press in the center

Comment

Rb selection WOW
              Why invite aria if can't back up his starter?
              If want invite aria then drop karimi and invite actual rb that can help incase of emergency.

Comment

Unfortunately GN's team selection is becoming worse also.

Jahanbakhsh did well defensively but as suspected was not the man to help in attack with his lack of speed and inability to do 1v1s.

Our midfield did not show any dynamism against their midfield while NK clearly figured out how to.

He chose the aliasghari route to Azmoun who is clearly approaching Amoo Abbas on Sunday Persian league levels of fitness.

GN has done a lot in PGL and obviously wants to be at WC. He obviously picks the old players so he is immune to criticism. He has no long term plan for transition. If only he would be honest about his intentions, I would be more accepting of his methods

Comment

Anyone backing GN at this point on ANY level should stop watching/talking about anything football all together. This man’s level of garbage and damage he is doing is absolutely horrific…..it’s never been so hard to watch TM IMO.
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                    Anyone backing GN at this point on ANY level should stop watching/talking about anything football all together. This man’s level of garbage and damage he is doing is absolutely horrific…..it’s never been so hard to watch TM IMO.
                    the only reason he has the job is because of party bazi. he is a joke.
                    IRI = FAILED

Comment

We need to bring back CQ, he is the only one who has managed to lead this team. It doesn't matter if his resume was stained due to some bad misfortunes, but we should bring him back home.

Comment

There is alot to say about this game. First of all, we did very good when we were Down to 10 men. I Think they created one good oppertunity.

The game showed that we have alot of good players for asian standards. Ezzatolahi is a beast in Asia, and our most important player. He is the heart of the midfield. Of course he also makes mistake, as any other player in our team. If we had players who didnt make mistakes, they Would play for the best teams in the World.

My concern is, that im afraid GN cant get the best out of our players. Yes, they did a good job, but im sure a better coach could make Them even better, because the individual quality is there. But the tactics aint that good. We struggle alot in creating chances. I believe our results are more thanks to our players than the coach.

In a good system, every player Can look good, and in a bad system every player Can look bad. But as long as we are getting good results, unfortunately the coach wont ger changed. On paper we have gotten good results and are yet to conceed a goal. In manage to keep a clean sheet away against our toughest opponent. That Will be the story. But im sure other coaches Would also have won at home against Kyrgyzstan and away against UAE.

Some of the critics are of course too much. Our team Can miss 10 chances and people Will say its the coachs fault. If he has played X player, we Would have won and so on. That is a wrong Way to look at football. So yes, some of the critics are very much exagurated. But all in all, I dont trust this coach to get us results against good teams with Great tactics at the World cup.

Our players arent perfect, but I believe players like Ezza, JB, Milad and Taremi are crucial for this team. Even though Taremi doesnt really impress me all the time, he is still Great at holdning the Ball, which we really need

Comment

I have been worried about our fragile defense and low performation midfield, but as I watch game after game I realize that our biggest problem is actually starting to show in offense. Our aging strikers have clearly lost their clinical touch and are not able to take advanatge of a few chances the team is creating as a whole.

GN claim to fame is his attacking formation but I don't think he really understands how cripple this team is in attack these days.

We need a couch like CQ to create our next generation of stars by finding regular talent that can me molded into a framework that actually produces a planned outcome. GN has no clue! He brings in Moghanlou but he doesn't know what makes Moghanlou a goalscorer and how he can create that setup for him. He thinks because he is tall he will somehow jumps and heads a ball into the net

Comment

You guys are all wrong. This is football-e-hoojoomi. 2 goals in 3 matches. Real modern football.
                            "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

At this point its just the classic mindset of Iranians backing the people they started supporting and not accepting alternate evidence.

We have scored a rebound and a deflection in the last 3 games.

We don't have a cohesive attacking plan. It is more like "get the ball up to them, and they will figure it out".

Comment

Working...
                              X