GN Squad Selection is a Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know
    Maybe football has changed and we don't know.
    Not creating scoring chances I guess is not a big deal anymore.

If it was bunch young guys and we played like this there was hope that eventually they will get there.
    I been trying real hard not to bash general since there is so much sht around this tm....
    THIS TEAM IS 1992 ALI PARVIN TM HORRIBLE EVEN WORST....

GENERAL MAKE GREAT TEAM SARPARast ,
    But it stops there.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
      At this point its just the classic mindset of Iranians backing the people they started supporting and not accepting alternate evidence.

We have scored a rebound and a deflection in the last 3 games.

We don't have a cohesive attacking plan. It is more like "get the ball up to them, and they will figure it out".
      All you need to do is look at the stats of last 7 games. The shot to goal ratio is absolutely brutal to read about. We scored something like 1 for every 10 chances

Comment

Haven't watched the whole game so can't comment on players, coach overall but one thing sure this Hardani guy is liability!
        PK vs UAE and red today! He lose his man often!
        No wonder grand pa like Ramin is still around in our football!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto2000 View Post

Exactly those are who we need to play. Not Aria Yousefi who is forgettable for Sepahan at best (and I'm a Sepahan fan).

Hosseinejad could have helped us out a lot today with some speed and press in the center
          When I saw hoseinejad hair I knew he was not gone get any minutes today

Comment

General needs to be judge on below matches only.

Uzbekistan wcq 26
            2-2
            0-0
            0-0
            Ac
            Japan 2-1
            Qatar 2-3

That's 5 matches
            1 w
            1 l
            3 tie

15 points possible and he earned 6pts.
            He has dropped 9 points.

UNLESS HE BEAT QATAR TUESDAY
            AND BRING HIS POINTS UP TO 9 OUT OF POSSIBLE 18 HE MUST BE FIRE.

REALLY BAR SHOULD BE 12 POINTS OUT OF 18 POSSIBLE AGAINST THESE 6 TEAMS
            BUT BECAUSE OF HIS WIN VS JAPAN ,LOWER BAR TO 9 OUT OF 18.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
              I have been worried about our fragile defense and low performation midfield, but as I watch game after game I realize that our biggest problem is actually starting to show in offense. Our aging strikers have clearly lost their clinical touch and are not able to take advanatge of a few chances the team is creating as a whole.

GN claim to fame is his attacking formation but I don't think he really understands how cripple this team is in attack these days.

We need a couch like CQ to create our next generation of stars by finding regular talent that can me molded into a framework that actually produces a planned outcome. GN has no clue! He brings in Moghanlou but he doesn't know what makes Moghanlou a goalscorer and how he can create that setup for him. He thinks because he is tall he will somehow jumps and heads a ball into the net
              My apology to u for suggesting
              To not bash galenoie beacause of circumstances.

He don't win Tuesday ASAP FIRE IS WAITING FOR HIM

Comment

Do you guys think its a matter of squad selection? or rather match fitness?
                I still think guys like JB and Saman and Azmoun are elite players, but it shows they're not at their peak when 1 is clubless, 1 was clubless until last week, and the other is chilling at the mall.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  I still think guys like JB and Saman and Azmoun are elite players, but it shows they're not at their peak when 1 is clubless, 1 was clubless until last week, and the other is chilling at the mall.
                  Its both. Let me clarify:

1. He picks the wrong types of players.
                  • Niazmand <- self explanatory
                  • Yousefi <- self explanatory
                  • Moghanlou <- self-explanatory
                  • Daneshgar <-self-explanatory
                  • Noorafkan (jury is still out on him, he's actually been getting better a bit last few games credit to him since I don't wanna be a hater for no reason)
                  These above mentioned players, there are league players easily ahead of all of them. For example:
                  • Bahram Goudarzi (RB) <- great form for Aluminum
                  • Aref Haji Eydi (CDM) <- great form for Aluminum
                  • Khalife (GK) <- great form for Aluminum
                  • Aghasi (CB) <-Tractor
                  • Saharkhizan/Ghandipour <- both in great form, MUCH more than Moghanlou.
                  • Allahyar <- self-explanatory
                  His squad selection makes me think that he doesn't watch the league nor our diaspora, because a lot of the players he invites even from our league are players that were relevant last year.

2. His match fitness and tactics:
                  • Why start Mohebi who just came back from a long injury and only played a sub game at club level as a starter in such an important match? He should have been a sub at best and Ghaedi should have started.
                  • Why do you play bezan ziresh to your striker Azmoun when he's going alone against 3 CBs AND he's unfit to run fast
                  • Why do you keep playing Taremi as CAM when it has never worked against major teams?
                  There is probably much more but I don't want to sit here and complain about this guy lol.

I recommend watching the new Gol Bezan podcast from min 35-48 when Benjamin gives a presentation on GNs coaching and tactics. The players are basically clueless on the pitch as there is no real system enforced. They practice a system in training but it falls apart the moment the game starts and he's clueless on what to do about it.

Comment

Monday morning quarter backing
                    Shoja,hardani ,saeed,jb,sardar,Saman had no business
                    Starting today.

Biravand, ALI NEMATI,milad,medi good game.

Mohebi no opinion

This should of been line up Monday morning it

Biravand
                    ? Hezbavi nemati milad
                    Goli norafkan j.h mohebi
                    Medi gaedy

Rb player selection is horrible .esmailifar is in general dog house over his interview

Saeed, sardar, jb,saman ,not game shape could of help off the bench all 4.
                    Shoja he was tired from Sunday tt match.
                    Hardani I am OK with him off the bench .

It's combo both of player selection and forcing
                    These out shape players play.
                    Jb his v shape body has disappeared.
                    Saman look he has age really fast did u see
                    Massive white hair on both sides of his head.
                    Sardar lost few lbs since last fifa days but still
                    A good 8lbs away from starting.

Comment

Nokhodi jan, Azmoun and Saman are finished players. They don’t care about form, fitness, etc anymore. How do I know this? Because they signed for uae clubs. No one goes to uae to get in shape or build confidence or any of that other nonsense. They know they can relax, get fat and compete every week at a low level but still get invited by Dr. GN and start games and then perform poorly without consequence. Meanwhile we have young players in Europe, invited and non-invited, who can take their spots. If I was Allahyar and after 8 games with 0 minutes, got latest call from GN I would tell him to stick his head in a toilet and blow.

Comment

Interesting statistic:

In the last 22 games, TM has had 4 red cards.

Before that, it took us 137 games to have the same amount of red cards

Comment

Saudi Arabia now have a team almost entirely made of players benched in their league and they drew 1-1 at home v Indonesia

shows you players need to play . No good being stuck on the bench if you’re not getting minutes
                          Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Originally posted by Super Shojaei View Post
                            Saudi Arabia now have a team almost entirely made of players benched in their league and they drew 1-1 at home v Indonesia

shows you players need to play . No good being stuck on the bench if you’re not getting minutes
                            No, it's not that entirely. Indonesia knowing that they have a good chance of really making it into the World Cup has given hope to many of the expats and half-bloods abroad to consider playing for their national team. Such a lucrative offer to play in the World Cup vs other nations is hard to pass.

Comment

Indonesia and Iraq since 2023 are a case study on how to bring in your diaspora. Especially Indonesia, they will 100% qualify for 2030 world cup if not this one somehow through third place. They are doing all of this with a U23 team

Comment

Even more interesting is that the UAE has a better strategy than Qatar for the future of "their" talents. They made a stupid rule that if you lived in the country for about 6-7 years regardless of when/the period was or even if you were an athlete or not, you would get considered to become a naturalized player. If you look at their league, teams or Transfermarkt you will see that many of them are being naturalized or given a UAE citizenship and get counted as regular players in their quota across all competitions.

Comment

Working...
                                X