Iran vs. Qatar on Oct. 15th WCQ Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
    we will basically seal qualification after 6 pts from the next matchday.
    Then we have uzbek at home during noorooz which we will win that game.
    if we win and get a good result from the others in the group we can pretty much wrap this up this year. Then the next 4 games we will need to start the Youth transition
    IRI = FAILED

Comment

Looking ahead, we can essentially qualify for WC next month if we beat North Korea and Kyrgyzstan and UAE/Qatar drop points

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
          Good god is JB awful! Thats my biggest takewaway from this match.
          Got to be up there with the worst substitute appearances in history of TM

Comment

Originally posted by zereshk-ali View Post
            Got to be up there with the worst substitute appearances in history of TM
            He's cooked. Hopefully, Hosseinnejad takes his place.​
            “I swear it upon Zeus an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.” - Socrates

Comment

Another 4 years of qualifications against Shiite teams, just to get to the WC to riiid all over the place. Can't wait to waste another 4 years of my life on this. Come to think of it, I've done this for half a century already.

We need a good foreign coach and investment in the youth.

Oh yea, and lets get rid of that Shiite regime too.

Comment

Really like the balance and control we’ve had in the past 2 games with 2 different centre mid combinations.

As good as Saman was in the last game I think Karimi gave us even nicer balance and dominance today.

The high counter press worked so much better today than in the AC. We swarmed them so effectively as soon as they won it that Afif had little chance to do us damage.

Azmoun destroyed their crazy high line today. As soon as they went 2-1 down it got even suicidially higher and it looked more like we might run up 6 or 7 than they get back into the game. Hopefully Taremi is saving his performances for the actual World Cup because at the moment he just doesn’t have any intensity to his game for us.

So pleased the squad players of the likes of Nemati, Karimi and Noorafkan can step in and step up like they have in past 2 games. The latter gets a lot of shit on here but he has a delightful pass and delivery on that left foot.

Comment

How we lost against this team in the Asian cup I will never know . 4-1 today, 4-0 a few months before the Asian Cup, but somehow we lost 3-2 against them..

Comment

Originally posted by IRAN_TILL_I_DIE View Post
                    How we lost against this team in the Asian cup I will never know . 4-1 today, 4-0 a few months before the Asian Cup, but somehow we lost 3-2 against them..
                    The magic of the VAR and top dollars
                    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                    We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Funnily enough Qatar poops all over itself for a full 4 years then magically claims the Asian Cup title on the 4th year. It's beyond me how they won the last AC and it saddens me how we lost our best opportunity to win it all with our sloppy performance against Qatar!

ARJ was really bad today, I feel bad for him. He'd better find a team and start playing. Football can be ruthless, its fans have no mercy and can be brutally harsh.

I hope Azmoun can keep up his great performance and impress everyone. It's still not too late to return to top European leagues.

Taremi's final performance with TM in the past year is quite baffling. I don't know if it's him or how he is being played for TM.

Anyway sweet win, but it could have easily ended in a 7-1 scoreline had our players been more clinical with their finishing touches. Feels good to top the group!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Taremi needs to step up soon because it's getting harder to justify starting him in two striker role instead of another midfielder.

He's been doing a lot more of his diving and crying recently whenever he gets a chance.

At 33 years old with consistently ghost performances we should consider using him as an impact sub off bench and insert a technical midfielder in there.

Having said that though I hope he bounces back for both club level and TM because he still got it as he showed in champions league. I'm running out of patience with him though.
                        ​​

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post

The magic of the VAR and top dollars
                          VAR helped US in that game by giving us the penalty as well as so much added time at the end of the game, I don’t think the officials were against us that game ..

Comment

Originally posted by IRAN_TILL_I_DIE View Post

VAR helped US in that game by giving us the penalty as well as so much added time at the end of the game, I don’t think the officials were against us that game ..
                            We lost that match for 3 reasons:

1 - TM arrogant tactics
                            2 - Ebrahimi's horrendous form
                            3 - Ramin not knowing how to defend.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

We lost that match for 3 reasons:

1 - TM arrogant tactics
                              2 - Ebrahimi's horrendous form
                              3 - Ramin not knowing how to defend.
                              Think we were unlucky,
                              -first goal took a wicked deflection
                              -third goal was a poor shot that deflected into the path of their main striker for a simple finish
                              ​​​​​- some chances where it normally would hit the back of the net (eg ARJ last minute) just didn’t happen for us..

Comment

Can we have every home match at UAE?
                                1. beautiful pitch
                                2. fantastic home crowd of Iranian fans
                                3. No restrictions on women
                                I would literally fly out from the US to watch lol

Comment

Working...
                                X