Sepp Blatter finally calls Qatar WC a "mistake"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amingp3 View Post
    Are they gonna ask the same people again to re-vote? If that's the case they are still going to vote for Qatar since they were bribed.
    Once it is shown to them that qatar cheated I doubt they would let them re-enter the voting. It will probably be amongst the other original bidding countries only.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
      FIFA won't let a Brazil or Germany-less World Cup take place.
      yes but it was germany and brazil who voted for qatar in the first place...anyways this tournament will reek and it wont be the usual reek...actually on second thought it is the usual smell coming out of persian gulf reekdoms. may the moon god shyt on this tournament.
      Last edited by hzv; 06-01-2014, 08:01 PM.

Comment

on second thought*

Originally posted by hzv View Post
        yes but it was germany and brazil who voted for qatar in the first place...anyways this tournament will reek and it wont be the usual reek...actually on second taught it is the usual smell coming out of persian gulf reekdoms. may the moon god shyt on this tournament.

Comment

I think its a mix of legitimate problems/criticism of Qatar and some of it is what you said (and some of it is based under the guise of legit criticism to hide racist intentions).

I for one think a WC in Qatar will be a terrible one because of all the issues. The only positive benefit for TM is that if they qualify, Iranians will be a stones throw from the games.

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
          it's honestly sad that this thread has gotten to 8 pages. let's be honest, this isn't about right and wrong, or whether qatar is a suitable host, or whether there was corruption involved with the vote. if these exact circumstances were in play except the world cup was in CHILE or CANADA etc. there's no way it would garner this kind of attention on PFDC.

the last 8 pages of this thread has everything to do with irrational, racist feelings towards arabs, and nothing more. it's little more than a manifestation of jealousy that our "sooskmar-khor", "uncivilized" arab neighbors are hosting world cups while Iran is in the shitter.

Honestly pathetic. I don't know why this thread wasn't shut down a long time ago. We should focus on helping Iran, not hating arabs.

Comment

the last 8 pages of this thread has everything to do with irrational, racist feelings towards arabs, and nothing more. it's little more than a manifestation of jealousy that our "sooskmar-khor", "uncivilized" arab neighbors are hosting world cups while Iran is in the shitter.
            Agree with you there. As farcical as the Qatar 2022 arrangement has been, at least they're trying to upgrade their country and join modern civilization by hosting such world-class events. Iran isn't even fit to host an Asian Cup. Qataris are putting out respectable international networks like Al Jazeera while the IRI peddles propaganda and ding-dong conspiracies via PressTV.

Comment

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...e-9467270.html

Comment

12 page article sunday times yesterday.. shocking stuff really
                I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

It's interesting that now that qatar's cheating has been proven qatari officials do not deny it but rather claim bin hammal bribed people on his own and not due to qatar's request!
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Are we really that surprised? FIFA and AFC are poisoned with mass corruption.

Comment

Again, this thread is all about anti-Arab racism, not justice or corruption or righting wrongs. Just admit it.
                      Originally posted by Vestvood Vizard View Post
                      Agree with you there. As farcical as the Qatar 2022 arrangement has been, at least they're trying to upgrade their country and join modern civilization by hosting such world-class events. Iran isn't even fit to host an Asian Cup. Qataris are putting out respectable international networks like Al Jazeera while the IRI peddles propaganda and ding-dong conspiracies via PressTV.
                      Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
                      12 page article sunday times yesterday.. shocking stuff really
                      booyeh gandesh is all over the place...
                      Last edited by hzv; 06-02-2014, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Looking at the bright side guys, Qatar has been exerting a lot of undue influence (read monetary bribes) in the AFC for years. We've all known it and Bin Hamman ran the AFC for 9 full years in this manner with no one able to bring him down or prove anything. But within months of trying out for the big honcho position in FIFA, he was disgraced and had a Humpty Dumpty style fall.

If the world cup had not been awarded to Qatar he most likely wouldn't have gotten so cocky and careless to get caught. Qatar will be under the microscope for years to come. This is not a bad thing for Asia or particularly for Iran. And my biggest concern about Qatar hosting the 2022 WC is not any of the points that have been brought up, but the fact that they put on one of the crappiest Asian Cups ever.

Aside from that, most Middle Eastern countries are very closed societies - the World Cup is about openness and exchange of cultures. This is not an issue that will be resolved in 8 years' time - it will take decades to prepare these societies to open up enough to host the world's biggest party. And there will be serious security concerns with so many terrorist groups stationed in and operating from that region.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                          It's interesting that now that qatar's cheating has been proven qatari officials do not deny it but rather claim bin hammal bribed people on his own and not due to qatar's request!
                          Actually in the news Qatar has ''vehemently'' denied involvement in bribing of the FIFA officials.

Looks like they ... ahem .... ''had no idea'' ... this was going on.
                          They just happened to be the ''accidental beneficiary'' of a very ... ahem, cough ... ''patriotic philanthropist'' whose sole crime was ''caring too much for his dear nation'' and was only ''overzealous'' in showing his patriotism and love.

Ok. Case solved.
                          FIFA & Blotter: ''ok people. Nothing to see here. Move along, move along.''

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                            Actually in the news Qatar has ''vehemently'' denied involvement in bribing of the FIFA officials.
                            Looks like they ... ahem .... ''had no idea'' ... this was going on.
                            They just happened to be the ''accidental beneficiary'' of a very ... ahem, cough ... ''patriotic philanthropist'' whose sole crime was ''caring too much for his dear nation'' and was only ''overzealous'' in showing his patriotism and love.
                            Ok. Case solved.
                            FIFA & Blotter: ''ok people. Nothing to see here. Move along, move along.''
                            fifa should apologize to qatar for sullying their pure white dove like reputation.

Comment

Ok may be Qatar should not have been awarded the WC. But it has been. If WC moves, it is a detriment to ME soccer. Just think if Qatar can actually pull off a good event, it is not bad for the whole ME.

Wheather we like it or not, we are stock with the Arabs. So we should make the best if it.

Besides FIFA will never allow this imbarresment to unfold.
                              .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by khodam View Post
                                Ok may be Qatar should not have been awarded the WC. But it has been. If WC moves, it is a detriment to ME soccer. Just think if Qatar can actually pull off a good event, it is not bad for the whole ME.

Wheather we like it or not, we are stock with the Arabs. So we should make the best if it.

Besides FIFA will never allow this imbarresment to unfold.
                                I don't give a damn what's good for "ME", "ME" hates us, refers to us as Majoos, Ajam and etc. "ME" screws us over, refers to the Persian gulf by a false name, claims our islands, steals our oil, and so much more. so F the "ME" and F the slave owning Qatar. we have nothing in common with any of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X