No announcement yet.

Sepp Blatter finally calls Qatar WC a "mistake"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont understand the world!! QATAR bought the World Cup, Bribed the crap out of it with Petro dollars and they still get to host it?!!! Are we still debating this??????

Comment

Greed was always the leading factor in the world.

It's getting harder to hide but thats not stopping the greedy from operating like normal.

Comment

Sepp Blatter finally calls Qatar WC a "mistake"

It's a good thing Australia didn't win the bid for the 2022 WC.

The money would be better spent on our education system.

Let Qatar waste their petrodollars, most first world countries need to spend their money on much more important matters.

But if Australia did host the 2022 WC, you could bet it would be the one ever ( similar to Sydney 2000 Olympics)

Comment

As if Pakistani army guarding the games should make everyone feel safer..!
          FIFA would be considered a corrupt entity till the day it pulls the plug on Qatar as the host of 2022 wc..and even if that happens still a lot of explaining needs to be done as to why it took so long to finally have Qatar venue called off
          If none of the above happens, then it means FIFA's corruption is in its roots and Blatter was just a scapegoat

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
          به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

So far so good. 2022 might actually be a great World Cup, even if unusual, because it will be held in the Winter months/season.
            sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

This world cup should have been hosted by 3 persian gulf countries maybe, but givin to Qatar which basically consists of 1 city (Doha) is the biggest joke ever. At least something like Qatar/Kuwait/Bahrain co hosting it would be reasonable. But constructing 11 or 12 stadiums in a country that has the same
              population as Tabriz...

Comment

Originally posted by ShiroKhorshid View Post
                This world cup should have been hosted by 3 persian gulf countries maybe, but givin to Qatar which basically consists of 1 city (Doha) is the biggest joke ever. At least something like Qatar/Kuwait/Bahrain co hosting it would be reasonable. But constructing 11 or 12 stadiums in a country that has the same
                population as Tabriz...
                On the bright side there will be a lot of interaction between fans since everyone will be in close proximity!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I really don't mind Qatar hosting..every hosting vote has been rife with corruption

It will be a unique World Cup - the only Winter world cup, the only single city world cup, 2nd asian world cup and probably the only middle eastern world cup for a while..

Also we will have so many supporters there if we qualify enshalllahhh..

Comment

what they gonna do about drinking alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by marand92 View Post
                      I really don't mind Qatar hosting..every hosting vote has been rife with corruption

It will be a unique World Cup - the only Winter world cup, the only single city world cup, 2nd asian world cup and probably the only middle eastern world cup for a while..

Also we will have so many supporters there if we qualify enshalllahhh..
                      This is how I feel until I think about how they will plaster all the maps of the place with the mythical body of water called Khaleeje Ar Ar instead of the Persian Gulf.

Comment

Originally posted by persianballer View Post
                        what they gonna do about drinking alcohol?
                        You can drink alcohol in Qatar and you can buy it off the local QDC store which requires a license from your employer. Surely they’ll avail that to tourists too. You just can’t be drinking outside in public. Otherwise there are plenty of bars, restaurants and clubs that serve alcohol 11 months a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit View Post
                          You can drink alcohol in Qatar and you can buy it off the local QDC store which requires a license from your employer. Surely they’ll avail that to tourists too. You just can’t be drinking outside in public. Otherwise there are plenty of bars, restaurants and clubs that serve alcohol 11 months a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          We're talking about football fans here, not people who drink in hotels

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                            I still believe Qatar hosting the World Cup should be considered an advantage for us, as all our matches can translate into home games (Should we qualify in the first place anyway)
                            Agree. It is good for TM if it happens in Qatar.There is more than one reason. It’s not just about the next round being home game but about the region itself, so that world can see it is possible. I hope it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Theali50 View Post
                              Agree. It is good for TM if it happens in Qatar.There is more than one reason. It’s not just about the next round being home game but about the region itself, so that world can see it is possible. I hope it happens.
                              Haha quoted my post from 5 years ago, but it still felt like I wrote that last year!

Comment

Working...
                              X