This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
    I am a NYC season ticket holder..... while the MLS is definitely a step above Middle Eastern/Chinese leagues, I'd rather him go to PSV/Norwich. That being said if its between Brighton, Middle East, China and NYC...come to America Ali!
    MLS is superior logistically to IPL, but quality wise it is inferior to IPL big time. MLS is an overrated league.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
      MLS is superior logistically to IPL, but quality wise it is inferior to IPL big time. MLS is an overrated league.
      Here we go again with people who don't watch any MLS games but just would rather comment on the outside.

MLS is tactically and logistically superior to IPL, and we aren't going to get into this discussion. Take it as my personal opinion.

Football is a team sport, we have may more "raw talent" in IPL, but tactically, we arent superior to MLS- at least not in the really confident way in which you seem to preach it to be.

Comment

Here we go again with people who don't watch any MLS games but just would rather comment on the outside.

MLS is tactically and logistically superior to IPL, and we aren't going to get into this discussion. Take it as my personal opinion.

Football is a team sport, we have may more "raw talent" in IPL, but tactically, we arent superior to MLS- at least not in the really confident way in which you seem to preach it to be.
        I have seen it all and I am pretty much disappointed. I won't watch or spend a dime for that crappy league anymore.
        MLS = nothing amazing and boring matches. If I want to enjoy football I simply watch European leagues. J. League, K. League, IPL and even South American leagues are much more exciting than MLS. Many Americans (men) don't know how to play real football. American women do. Only certain minorities like Mexicans, Iranians, Colombians, Brazilians, or Argentinians who live in US know how to play the game and the majority are just ignorant toward this sport. They call it a woman sport and not real. Football is called soccer in US. In general majority of American men say American football is the real sport not soccer(football). MLS is also a reflection of this belief . You only see average quality minorities play or some rare average talents here and there and that is all.

Comment

MLS should be dead last in his priority list along with Arab teams

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
            I have seen it all and I am pretty much disappointed. I won't watch or spend a dime for that crappy league anymore.
            MLS = nothing amazing and boring matches. If I want to enjoy football I simply watch European leagues. J. League, K. League, IPL and even South American leagues are much more exciting than MLS. Many Americans (men) don't know how to play real football. American women do. Only certain minorities like Mexicans, Iranians, Colombians, Brazilians, or Argentinians who live in US know how to play the game and the majority are just ignorant toward this sport. They call it a woman sport and not real. Football is called soccer in US. In general majority of American men say American football is the real sport not soccer(football). MLS is also a reflection of this belief . You only see minorities play average or some rare talents here and there and that is all.
            I agree with you on the "entertainment level", but we are comparing IPL and MLS, no one brought the J League, K league, South American League or any European league into call. I co-run a soccer academy in my town, and Soccer or football has picked up steam especially over the last few years. There are more kids and talents signing up at the Premier level than there is for other usually dominant sports in the US. There is no doubt that American football and baseball are the top sports here, but that doesn't mean the level of the MLS is to be looked down upon.

That's like saying because american football, baseball, basketball is more dominant than soccer- then the US national team sucks. The US National team at its core is made up of MLS players... and they train and play at a higher level than any league in Asia.

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
            MLS should be dead last in his priority list along with Arab teams
            Sure, but if it comes down to Championship vs playing with Pirlo/Lampard/Villa and practice under world class facilities and Manchester City coaches, then I would probably have a hard time deciding too.

Comment

Sure, but if it comes down to Championship vs playing with Pirlo/Lampard/Villa and practice under world class facilities and Manchester City coaches, then I would probably have a hard time deciding too.
              He can play against world class foreigners with world class facilities in the Qatari lazy league as well but it shouldn't be an option at any point. Besides, any Championship team will definitely help a player develop more than MLS teams, not that I support him going to Brighton. If you want to find good players and you have the option to look into the Championship or the MLS, believe me that any sane person won't chose MLS

Comment

The strategy in the MLS is no different than the Arab leagues. Buy 1 or 2 really talented "designated" players and pay them a fortune, then build the core around them with average to good players. This is precisely what arab teams do. I also follow the MLS closely, and a prime example of this strategy is what TFC does with foreign designates (but also copied all over the league).
                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                  The strategy in the MLS is no different than the Arab leagues. Buy 1 or 2 really talented "designated" players and pay them a fortune, then build the core around them with average to good players. This is precisely what arab teams do. I also follow the MLS closely, and a prime example of this strategy is what TFC does with foreign designates (but also copied all over the league).
                  Yes but you failed to mention that there is an organized youth structure that leads to the MLS. I personally don't agree with the multiple hierarchies, but there is at least a youth structure. This produces raw local talent unlike the Arab countries you name.

I grew up in Dubai and we didn't even have a proper high school league system for football.

Again, my opinions are personal and are based on experiences as someone involved in soccer/football. MLS clubs including academies and youth teams, is as competitive if not more, than any Asian league.

Comment

Jahanbakhsh at his age to the MLS can be compared to a move to Qatar: both are the same crap.

He can join a team like New York City FC when he's 35 instead like most good EU players do.

Comment

Why are we talking about MLS here?
                      I have to dig through several pages of people arguing over how good MLS is to find some news about ARJ.
                      open a thread in the "I wanna win an argument by any means" section please.

Comment

bit of a throwback. what a goal this was by JB against Ajax.

As long he stays in top flight football where ever that may be and does great things like this, we are going to have a future superstar for TM. the only worry i have of him joining the championship is that it is hard to find live broadcasts of their games unless it's the big games.

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad-7 View Post

As long he stays in top flight football where ever that may be and does great things like this, we are going to have a future superstar for TM. the only worry i have of him joining the championship is that it is hard to find live broadcasts of their games unless it's the big games.
                          I think you put the wrong YouTube video bro lol

Comment

JB has gotten very fat since last time I saw him

Comment

hahaha bruh you got the wrong video

Comment

Yup, Champs is awful for TV games, even though it's one of the most exciting leagues in football. We were towards the top of the league for a big chunk of last season and we hardly got any. The best you could get most weeks is radio commentary and Youtube .

If it was between developing in the US or the Championship then there's only 1 option tbh. There's a reason good American youngsters leave as soon as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X