Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the Championship is a pretty decent step up from the second tier of Dutch football and way better than playing in Scotland. Outside of the big 4 5 or 5 leagues the Championship is probably the next best move. There are bigger clubs than Brighton outside of those leagues playing Champions League football but week in week out he would be playing good opposition.

Also looking on the bright side there are a lot of games in the Champs http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/...lbion/fixtures I'll certainly miss getting to see Norwich play 6-8 times a month.

Comment

I rather he just play in the Eredivisie than go to the Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Gijscoman View Post
        Well Championship isn't that bad. Big stadiums, good football. Way better than any second division.
        I will probably not make friends on this forum saying this, but the fact that Gucci failed in the Championship says more about the level of Gucci than about the Championship. Gucci's carreer hasn't been very impressive; only playing for Iran he has performed well, especially in the second half of 2013. A peak in his carreer, but Alireza is a better player. The chance he will succeed in the Championship and later hopefully the Premier League is way higher.
        i agree mostly..!!
        but imo, the type of Football played often by most Championship teams, simply does Not Suite ARJ's physique and style of play..!( it was even more so unsuited to Gucci's, and i said that from the moment his move to Charlton was rumored..!)
        especially so for ARJ @Brighton, per NorwichFans earlier comments of Albion acquiring their old coach midseason with his defensive mentality and approach..!! Hell, i honestly think he will have a far better chance of success at EPL than the Championship..!

above all, from our selfish fan's perspective the Broadcasting BlackOuts of Championship makes Brighton move the least agreeable of all so far rumored..! personally, I'd much rather he stay put in NEC and play a much more suitable, and respectable Eredivisie football, even if he had to extend contract additional year to appease the club's mgmt..!

ps
        it doesnt seem like anything has changed in regards to his move..!! regardless of NEC preferring a quick transfer, his agent so far is (rightfully) just playing the field and entertaining options and waiting it out ..!
        Facts are that, ARJ is Not a Primary transfer Target for the better teams that are so far rumored to be interested in his signature & its still way to early in the transfer season for those rumored interests to turn into Solid Offers..!!
        Better Teams like PSV, Norwich, AZ will decide later on after they acquire their Primary targets if ARJ fits the mold of what they wanna do next season and if there is still a need for his services..!!
        that measly $2mil price tag, speaks volumes of his marketability..!

Comment

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ N.E.C. Nijmegen | 2014-2015

Originally posted by Gijscoman View Post
          Well Championship isn't that bad. Big stadiums, good football. Way better than any second division.
          I will probably not make friends on this forum saying this, but the fact that Gucci failed in the Championship says more about the level of Gucci than about the Championship. Gucci's carreer hasn't been very impressive; only playing for Iran he has performed well, especially in the second half of 2013. A peak in his carreer, but Alireza is a better player. The chance he will succeed in the Championship and later hopefully the Premier League is way higher.
          Any Championship team is a downgrade to Eredivisie. This move does not make sense at all, Jahanbakhsh is utterly stupid if he opts this way.

I hope he comes back on this decision right now because staying at NEC is even better than joining a trash club like Brighton.

An overrated player like Danny Holla is there, be sure that Jahanbakhsh is way better than him. Yet the best Jahanbakhsh can get is Brighton, his agent riid with these BS PSV, Feyenoord and Norwich rumors.

Comment

Brighton screwed up in the playoffs two years in a row and most of their top talent has left the club. They had players like Vicente [Yes, the Valencia one], Leonardo Ulloa, Liam Bridcutt, Wayne Bridge and Craig Noone on their books at one point.

Gus Poyet has a lot more charisma than Chris Hughton which I would assume means pulling power for a club like Brighton, especially whilst in the Championship. If he ends up there I'd imagine the other rumours really were just media talk and his agent attempting to draw interest.

Comment

I smell he is injured and this is getting in his way. Otherwise many club should have come to his doorsteps by now.

Comment

ARJ is only 21. I think a good season in Championship will solidify his foot step in England.
                I don't care how much you love ARJ but breaking into a starting position in EPL is pretty damn hard. specially as a non EU player.
                Brighton is a big club that brings a large crowd. state of the art facilities and gives him exposure to EPL scouts.
                He is only 21

Comment

No he should stay at NEC over the championship

Comment

Originally posted by persepolisfan View Post
                    No he should stay at NEC over the championship
                    True^^
                    championship isn't even the best 2. League, like many people here think.
                    sigpic

Comment

I haven't seen the Spanish and German second divisions but I can't imagine they're as competitive as the English. Actual technical quality isn't bad, most of the teams have abandoned kick and rush hoofball anyway.

In terms of entertainment value I've always liked it more than the Premier League.

Comment

would be a dumb move if he leaves NEC now to go to championship team. He is NEC's star and they just promoted to the dutch top flight.

Comment

I agree that a move to Championship is not the best course of action given the style of play in that league ec. However as a stepping stone to the Premier Leauge, this is a good Leauge to sign on, that is if Norwich interest is purely rumours and not solid.

For those preferring him to stay in Holland what is he going to achieve by tasting this Leauge with the same under resourced NEC? They are probably relegation candidate before they kick a ball, even if he sign for Ajax (highly unlikely) ARJ will most probably be a squad player (Bench Warmer) playing in the same Leauge for one more season.
                          sigpic
                          Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by NorwichFan View Post
                            I haven't seen the Spanish and German second divisions but I can't imagine they're as competitive as the English. Actual technical quality isn't bad, most of the teams have abandoned kick and rush hoofball anyway.

In terms of entertainment value I've always liked it more than the Premier League.
                            The top Liga Adelante teams would eat Championships alive in terms of technique, skills and the tactical approach to the game.

I find Premier League teams tactically weak organized (except Chelsea) and that was on full display during the K.O stages of the Champions League, so let alone one tier below. Watch back Arsenal - Monaco and Barcelona - Manchester City. English football is mostly kick and rush based on pure stamina and psychical aspect of the game.

There are no ideas behind the game, I have seen few Championship play-off games like Middlesbrough against Brentford and the level was below Eredivisie standards. Players were not really technical and really missed vision.

Comment

Big mistake if he goes to England!
                              sigpic

Comment

oh man please dont go to these spoiled English teams

they just ruin players, even good ones. They bench u for no reason and have money to get anyone else. 2 mil is chump change for them so they spend that HOPING he would blow up...but if he doesnt within 10 games or so, they will toss him away cuz its not like he's a 15 mil type player. Just stay at NEC or some 1st division club.

Comment

Working...
                                X