• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
    And that caps off Nekou's performance for 9 games (including the next):

* Suspended: 2 Games
    * Injured: 2 games
    * Benched: 1 game
    * Played: 4 games, got 4 yellow cards, 2 reds!!!

He was out of form in the Asian Cup and has been COMPLETELY out of form since, other than a few minutes of brilliance and that's usually in a more offensive role which is not how CQ uses him.

As much as I love Nekou, there's absolutely no way I would have called him up for TM duties as coach who has been following his performance. But then again, CQ hasn't really been following the performance of any players he invited.

Even the couple of chances that he had to watch the matches in Iran, after his 40 day vacation and right before the two important friendlies that he complained about not having since his last vacation until this one, he did not show up to the stadium.
    What are you talking about? Nekounam will have his farewell game vs. Sweden. And you're blaming the coach for inviting him to his own good-bye match??

Comment

And this is how our fans treat their legends. In 10-12 years, the same fans will be swearing Jahanbakhsh and Azmoun out of Team Melli.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
        What are you talking about? Nekounam will have his farewell game vs. Sweden. And you're blaming the coach for inviting him to his own good-bye match??
        Epic fail haha

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
          Name me one DM who is currently better than Nekounam?
          "Better" is obviously a subjective opinion Kiarash jaan, but we have plenty of in-form players having been used as defensive midfielders even just in the ACL: Ezzati, Kiani, Badrlou, Kamyabinia and Nourollahi and if the older players are not a problem Nouri and Mobali.

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
          First of all, there's nothing official that this will be Nekou's last game.

Secondly, why have a farewell game for a national hero outside their country?!

Thirdly, if it is indeed his last game, then how is his replacement going to get any TM experience or coordinate with the rest of the team before our 1st WCQ match in June, since this is the last game before then?!

Comment

"Better" is obviously a subjective opinion Kiarash jaan, but we have plenty of in-form players having been used as defensive midfielders even just in the ACL: Ezzati, Kiani, Badrlou, Kamyabinia and Nourollahi and if the older players are not a problem Nouri and Mobali.
            First of all, there's nothing official that this will be Nekou's last game.
            Secondly, why have a farewell game for a national hero outside their country?!
            Thirdly, if it is indeed his last game, then how is his replacement going to get any TM experience or coordinate with the rest of the team before our 1st WCQ match in June, since this is the last game before then?!
            man just stop trying to stay strong with your initial comment which was a failed attempt to prove something. no matter what you say, it's wrong. Everyone knows that Nekounam had retired from international duty like he said himself BUT will have a last farewell match to finish his international career and beat Daei in being the most capped TM player ever.

And since you are getting real technical and shit, who says Iran is not going to play any games (even if it's shitty ones) before WCQ in JUNE. It's not like the Sweden game is going to drastically find us this mysterious person of yours who will outshine the shit out of Nekounam. It's going to take time and you will be more frustrated at him than you were at Nekounam ever. Being a CM is no joke. It is the hardest position IMO. You need the highest IQ and abilities to play this position. It will taking some getting used to.

Man even English fans did not talk about their legends this harshly who flopped in Euros and WCs like Stevie G. Calm down you fault-finding PFDCers.
            Last edited by Farhad-7; 03-23-2015, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad-7 View Post
              no matter what you say, it's wrong.
              LOL. Yes chief whatever you say! There's only one situation I can think of where even asking questions is wrong and that's religion - which makes our screwed up region what it is today!

And Nekou, like any other human being is not infallible. I provided statistics of why I don't think he's in form - that's not being harsh, it's called being analytical and objective.

It's not like I've been going around bashing Nekou for the last 4 years or 4 months or even 4 days! So, if you think he's in form, by all means provide your own statistics to refute.

Comment

LOL. Yes chief whatever you say! There's only one situation I can think of where even asking questions is wrong and that's religion - which makes our screwed up region what it is today!
                i like you only focus on 7 words of my post and take it out of context. Religion? Our region? Wtf. Do you have trouble reading and do you really think you are a smartass? Either way, I meant that you are wrong in the way that you claim Nekounam shouldn't have been chosen as if he is going to stay longer. It is for a farewell game. And yes they do happen in other countries at times. It happens...Get over it. People make wrong assumptions.

Comment

And Nekou, like any other human being is not infallible. I provided statistics of why I don't think he's in form - that's not being harsh, it's called being analytical and objective.

It's not like I've been going around bashing Nekou for the last 4 years or 4 months or even 4 days! So, if you think he's in form, by all means provide your own statistics to refute.
                  Yes I think he's not in form also.

What I disagree with you is that you claim that Nekounam shouldn't invited to TM based on his recent performances BUT the guy has already retired from football and it is his good bye match!

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad-7 View Post
                    It is for a farewell game.
                    I don't know why we struggle with such simple things here on PFDC. Why are you saying it's a farewell game - have you seen anything official that suggests it's a farewell game?!

If you have seen something official that says this is Nekou's last game, please share it - that's why I'm asking the question.

And of course I asked a third question in that case, which is how are we going to replace him in an official match and with whom, if this is indeed a farewell game?

Comment

I don't know why we struggle with such simple things here on PFDC. Why are you saying it's a farewell game - have you seen anything official that suggests it's a farewell game?!
                      If you have seen something official that says this is Nekou's last game, please share it - that's why I'm asking the question.
                      And of course I asked a third question in that case, which is how are we going to replace him in an official match and with whom?
                      man there were loads of pages in PFDC about his retirement based on IRNA and ISNA reports. You can find it yourself.

For now you can see this.

http://tehrantimes.com/sports/121699...football-team-

To your third question. Who the fuk knows man? CQ is 99% leaving. Another coach coming to TM will take some time. Then it's up to that coach and hopefully it's a good replacement. But if you look at CQ's squad, it is Ebrahimi but I feel that Iran has better than that.... He also uses Haj Safi there sometimes. oh and not mobali/nouri. They're both 32. Players at this age with limited TM caps will not last with consistent good performances leading up to the WC.

Comment

Thanks for the link. I was of course aware of the rumors back then, but looking for something more recent and/or something from Javad himself - or even IFF. There is usually official announcements before such farewell matches,.

Comment

Nekounam and CQ will retire together from TM after the Sweden game. We know how big persian players like to retire against big teams (Daei, Abedzadeh, Karimi) and this is their moment to shine. CQ and Nekounam deserve to step away from this together as they both needed eachother to get to this point. There won't be that many more games for 1-2 years for us to look at so this will be there last hoorah together.

Comment

If javaad isn't committed to TM for longer haul & actually playing his goodby matches in these two friendlies then he needs to make that clear & make his retirement announcement prior ..! So that we can aprropriate fair playing minutes accordingly for him in these two games.
                            I think he still has another year of decent national team service left in him but I'd prefer him start to take on more of a reserves role in preparation matches & instead allow players like Ebrahimi & PAG gain more exposure @ national level, so when he does say his goodby we are better prepared to fill his void.

Comment

Video: Nekounams penalty and red card towards the end of the video:

http://www.rtvc.es/deportes/v%C3%ADd...x#.VRBPBpPF-5I

Comment

Osasuna 0-0 Sporting Gijon

FT.

Not bad holding a team who are currently about to promote to La Liga next season. Next game is against Real Betis (a hard test) since they are leading the table.

Following months are crucial for Osasuna.

Comment

Working...
                                X