Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Persian Gulf Cup Updates (Iran's opponents)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Persian Gulf Cup Updates (Iran's opponents)

The meaningless cup that they all cry over has started today. They all sent their full squads and expect the same squads in the AFC.

So far, in the first game, Saudi Arabia tied with Qatar 1-1.

Bahrain(Iran's first game) is also tied to Yemen 0-0 and the game is in the 70th minute.

UAE play Oman tomorrow and Kuwait plays Iraq.

UAE, Qatar, Bahrain are all our opponents in the group stage. Iraq is a possible opponent in the quarter finals.

Bahrain played so crappy... unbeliavable !
    Against this Team we have to win definetly with more than 1 goal different.
    I watched both games.
    The first game of Saudi Arabia - Qatar was end with a tie of 1:1 but Qatar played better, Saudis played in front of their fans in Riyadh but i was surprised of Qatar and have to say we have to be play good against Qatar but Bahrain is really nothing. Yemen played the whole 90 minutes better than Bahrain.
    Carlos Queiroz for TM

Comment

Who cares about these 3 sh1tties teams seriously? We are going to trash them, doesn't matter if they beat Brazil or Germany 10/0 in friendlies.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
        Who cares about these 3 sh1tties teams seriously? We are going to trash them, doesn't matter if they beat Brazil or Germany 10/0 in friendlies.
        Dont get too confident, we have mental problems against these teams. If we don't score early, we panic and we start playing with emotion not rationality.

Our games against Qatar and UAE will be tough. We just need to make sure not to slip up against Bahrain with their grassrolling and anti-iran sentiments.

Comment

If Iran play with gheyrat and do the job, we will smash them badly. the only factor is Iran, we should focus on ourselves as we are the lone decidor of the game, these teams can do whatever they want, they couldn't do sh1t if we decide to win the games.

And frankly, reading so much Bahrain, Qatar, or I don't know what... in this forum is painful.

Comment

Its not that these teams are any good. What happens is they usually play against us with alot of anger and hate, and we end up playing like garbage.

Comment

We don't fall against these teams in ACs usually, we should blast any a-rab country off if we play up to our capabilities, which is the least that I expect from CQ to prepare us for. UAE's could trouble us but we should still manage to win, Iraq's current form in recent games is not as good as I expected it to be.

I expect UAE to be more difficult than our first knockout stage game, but as I always say, Iran should make the semis at least with this draw. This is our easiest draw in decades, with a strong probability of not meeting any of Jap/Korea/Australia until the semis, with our most expensive coach ever. No room for mistakes this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                Its not that these teams are any good. What happens is they usually play against us with alot of anger and hate, and we end up playing like garbage.
                If we are motivated as high as their mediocricity really is, they wouldn't have any suspens for the results.

Comment

Originally posted by ZandiJoon View Post
                  We don't fall against these teams in ACs usually, we should blast any a-rab country off if we play up to our capabilities, which is the least that I expect from CQ. UAE's could trouble us but we should still manage to win, Iraq's current form in recent games is not as good as I expected it to be.

I expect UAE to be more difficult than our first knockout stage game, but as I always say, Iran should make the semis at least with this draw. This is our easiest draw in decades, with a strong probability of not meeting any of Jap/Korea/Australia until the semis, with our most expensive coach ever. No room for mistakes this time.
                  The big danger is we could get use to their mediocricity and we could have a difficult wake up against the like of Australia or japan.

Comment

UAE tied oman 0-0

Kuwait beat Iraq 1-0.

UAE fans are complaining about their recent form.. honestly, our boys should not get cocky, play their best and destroy these teams.

Comment

Lol, our AC opponents sucks!!!!

Comment

I know CQ can prepare us to play these Arab teams psychologically. In the Iran-Qatar game where we won 1-0 and got out of Doha with a win, I remember some characteristics of our players I've never seen before against any Arab team. Early in that game one of their players tried to pick a fight with Ando and Ando told him to shove it. Beikzadeh also didnt overreact when Ibrahim Khalfan started diving as though he joined the Chinese Synchronized diving team. It's small mental changes that make these teams impotent against us. The plan is to score a goal and make them chase the game. They can park a bus ok, but if they are down, they are exposed.

Comment

I can see 2 wins and a draw. Or worst result for us would be 1 win and 2 draws in the group stage. Unless we're having a REALLY horrible time, then either 3 draws or 1 win, a draw and a loss (where they park their bus in front of goal and hope their 1-0 lead will end with 3 points).

Comment

I don't fear any of the 3 teams.

The only threat I see from all 3 teams in the group stage would be UAE's Sideshow Bob. But if he's marked well by the right player (Ando), I doubt he will help his team cause any problems.

Comment

LOL Qatar tied Yemen 0-0

Comment

Working...
                              X