Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Persian Gulf Cup Updates (Iran's opponents)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sv: Persian Gulf Cup Updates (Iran's opponents)

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
    LOL Qatar tied Yemen 0-0
    Our opponents are jokes haha!

Comment

3 goals in 5 games. what a shitty competition!

Comment

they are arab teams yes, but lets not underestimate them, especially considering how they play against Iran. The most important thing is to score first and in the first half. If this happens, I predict that we score 2+ goals each game. Thats only if we dont leave everything to the 80+ min like we often do.

Comment

Typical Iranian fans getting over confident as always and never giving our opponents any respect. This isn't 1985 anymore people, the game in Asia is expanding and getting stroger. Don't read so much into these gulf cup games. What chamillionaire said is 100% right, playing these Arab teams always seems to be more of a mental battle than actually a footballing one, but seeing how mentally prepared CQs TM have been over the last several years with their back against the wall in countless amounts of situations we have every reason to be hopeful. But that doesn't mean we can downplay an upcoming team like UAE or teams that have troubled us in the past like Bahrain or Qatar.
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

In all honesty, they should disband this tournament. It does nothing but show how embarrassing these Arab teams are. Seriously? Qatar, the nation that is going to hose the World Cup in 8 years tied Yemen!? Unbelieveable they're getting a free ride to the World Cup. I hope they get Saudied at the world cup if it does stay there.

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
              Typical Iranian fans getting over confident as always and never giving our opponents any respect. This isn't 1985 anymore people, the game in Asia is expanding and getting stroger. Don't read so much into these gulf cup games. What chamillionaire said is 100% right, playing these Arab teams always seems to be more of a mental battle than actually a footballing one, but seeing how mentally prepared CQs TM have been over the last several years with their back against the wall in countless amounts of situations we have every reason to be hopeful. But that doesn't mean we can downplay an upcoming team like UAE or teams that have troubled us in the past like Bahrain or Qatar.
              Its not OVER-Confidence.....its just Confidence. We're not talking about Germany, France, or Spain here.....this is mothafukin U...A....Ew!

Comment

Saudi Arabia currently leading 2-0 against Bahrain in the 70th min.

Comment

We Iranians are so racist against Arabs it's almost comical. Shows we ahve a long way to go culturally.

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
                    We Iranians are so racist against Arabs it's almost comical. Shows we ahve a long way to go culturally.
                    What are you talking about mate? I love shagging Arab girls!

Comment

Originally posted by Abbas85 View Post
                      Its not OVER-Confidence.....its just Confidence. We're not talking about Germany, France, or Spain here.....this is mothafukin U...A....Ew!
                      Since when does one need to be a top team in order to get some respect? When you don't respect your opponent and don't acknowledge their potentials, that's when you get screwed.....we have been a victim of this mentality for ages now and IMO is the biggest cause of our 2002 and 2010 WCQ campaign.
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Well..... The Bahraini federation just sacked their coach Adnan Hamad after the 3-0 loss to Saudi Arabia...these guys care more about this meaningless cup than the Asian Cup.
                        Anyway, if we dont thrash Bahrain by atleast 6, I don't think we deserve to win the Asian Cup. Bahrain is now without a coach 6-7 weeks before AC.
                        In other news the UAE tied Kuwait 2-2, and Oman tied Iraq 1-1....

From the looks of these highlights...we need to be at our best against the UAE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0L8...ature=youtu.be
                        Last edited by CHaMiLLionaire; 11-17-2014, 11:49 AM.

Comment

^ Good news for us.

Comment

never gets old can't wiat for a repeat
                            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                              never gets old can't wiat for a repeat
                              This was truly global humiliation.
                              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
                                Well..... The Bahraini federation just sacked their coach Adnan Hamad after the 3-0 loss to Saudi Arabia...these guys care more about this meaningless cup than the Asian Cup.
                                Anyway, if we dont thrash Bahrain by atleast 6, I don't think we deserve to win the Asian Cup. Bahrain is now without a coach 6-7 weeks before AC.
                                In other news the UAE tied Kuwait 2-2, and Oman tied Iraq 1-1....

From the looks of these highlights...we need to be at our best against the UAE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0L8...ature=youtu.be
                                Wait what??? I understand that you like the UAE and support them but that's hyping them way too much. We need to be at our BEST against UAE based on these highlights of a 2-2 draw against Kuwait?

No, we need to be at our best to beat Argentina or Nigeria, we don't need to be at our best to beat UAE.

Comment

Working...
                                X