Ideal Shojaei Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who do you think would be better suited for the CAM/attack-minded CM role in Iran's starting lineup? It'd have to be someone who

1. Actually plays in the center (so not Khalatbari)
    2. Has a high work rate and helps out the defense
    3. Has good technique
    4. Has a good pass (Shojaei lacks)
    5. Has enough vision to create space for himself and his teammates and know when is the best time to pick out the pass (Shojaei lacks)
    6. Has a good shot
    EDIT: 7. The player has to be comfortable playing deeper into CM territory since in CQ's system that's where Shojaei gets pushed a lot, especially when TM is off the ball

Who are your nominees? And as a bonus, if Neku retires internationally after the Asian cup like he's planning who would be ideal to replace him as the anchor, deep playmaker and organizer of the team?
    pls save us dejagah

How is Khalatbari in this season??

Comment

If I had a choice I would prefer Saeid Ezzatollahi. Bring him now and utilize him now. Next worldcup he will be a great 22 year old and one of the worlds next greatest players.

Comment

Tough one.

Comment

Depends on the Formation. U can let Azmoun play behind Gucci or even Mehdi Sharifi behind Azmoun and Gucci. Or a young player like Mosalman.
          sigpic

Comment

This

By all the Gods you believe in, this stick would deliver more defensive duties than shojaei. At least it can trip the opposition players.

And in passing, I seriously doubt this stick would have more or worse turnovers than shojaei. At leapt this stick won't try to do a silly dribble resulting in loss of possession. So that's a plus

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
              This

By all the Gods you believe in, this stick would deliver more defensive duties than shojaei. At least it can trip the opposition players.

And in passing, I seriously doubt this stick would have more or worse turnovers than shojaei. At leapt this stick won't try to do a silly dribble resulting in loss of possession. So that's a plus
              We r playing with 10 man and the opposition with 12 when shojaie is playing

Comment

You're question's confusing because Masoud has been utilized as a RW and CAM before in TM's 4-2-3-1 base formation. We already have Dejagah and Jahanbakhsh for the wings so If you mean who should our new CAM be then it's between these guys:
                1. Bakhtiar Rahmani
                2. Soroush Rafei
                3. Payam Sadeghian
                4. Azmoun
                5. Ezatollahi
                For now i would personally either pick Bakhtiar or Soroush because of their outstanding seasons with Foolad this and last year. Also conscription is a very big problem as well because Bakhtiar and Soroush both have conscription problems (am i the only one who wishes Masoud also runs into a conscription problem?) so we'll just have to wait because only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by TAJ_LIVERPOOL View Post
                  You're question's confusing because Masoud has been utilized as a RW and CAM before in TM's 4-2-3-1 base formation. We already have Dejagah and Jahanbakhsh for the wings so If you mean who should our new CAM be then it's between these guys:
                  1. Bakhtiar Rahmani
                  2. Soroush Rafei
                  3. Payam Sadeghian
                  4. Azmoun
                  5. Ezatollahi
                  For now i would personally either pick Bakhtiar or Soroush because of their outstanding seasons with Foolad this and last year. Also conscription is a very big problem as well because Bakhtiar and Soroush both have conscription problems (am i the only one who wishes Masoud also runs into a conscription problem?) so we'll just have to wait because only time will tell.
                  I agree with tour choices for the CAM position. Except for Ezatollahi, i believe he will be the replacement of Nekounam as deep lying playmaker but better, because Saeed actually has the playmaking abilities which Nekounam lacks. Ezatollahi has much more depth in his game. I'm really excited about Jahanbakhsh, Azmoun and Ezatollahi, i really believe they are the future stars of TM.

Comment

There are already two options that CQ employees depending upon their form. One is Ebrahimzadeh (SS) and the other is Haddadifar (Rah Ahan). However In my opinion They should allow pouladi back to TM and allow Hajsafie to replace Shojaei for good for god sake.

Comment

Bakhtiar rahmani is out of the TM picture for now being that he hasn't been for for almost 4-5 months now.

The answer is pretty obvious: Soroush rafie. Hes been playing superb football for foolad for the last several seasons and provided a nice spark when he came on against SK. He should be the starting CAM for us in January IMO.

Other good candidates are Azmoun, Nouri, and nariman jahan.

Why are ppl talking about Ezatolahi? He is a DM not a CAM.
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

You're question's confusing because Masoud has been utilized as a RW and CAM before in TM's 4-2-3-1 base formation.
                        Shojaei hasn't been used as a winger for TM in a while so there's no reason to list him there (as a starter anyway).

To clarify the concerns of the formation, I'm going based off how CQ set his teams in the Korea friendly and the WC games. They are similar but there are slight differences. That's why I'm not totally saying CAM that sits behind the striker.

Against Argentina and Bosnia, when Shojaei started, he has him playing in sort of CAM roles but with more CM duties. We also have to remember that all CAMs under Quieroz don't stay higher up the pitch when they are not in possession (which against decent teams is a lot of the time).

IRN vs ARG

IRN vs BOS

Against Bosnia Dejagah and Haysafi played more as wingers and against Argentina they played more as wide midfielders. Everyone was pretty much a defender against Argentina whereas players were given a bit more room to attack against Bosnia. This was the case even before the goal and Iran fully opened themselves up a bit more to try and score.

Now look at the formation against Korea.

IRN vs KOR

Against Korea, the wingers were playing higher up the pitch than Shojaei which means maybe CQ is looking to drop the pretense of his not-really-CAM role altogether?

I don't know if we'll lining up like we did against the WC teams or against Korea but ideally I think a Modric/Pjanic type player that can play in the middle but also run up and orchestrate behind the striker/wingers in the hole would be suitable?

Or to put it in an Iranian perspective maybe a Navidkia who isn't destroyed by injuries.
                        pls save us dejagah

Comment

Originally posted by Autreen View Post
                          Shojaei hasn't been used as a winger for TM in a while so there's no reason to list him there (as a starter anyway).
                          To clarify the concerns of the formation, which are very fair, I'm going based off how CQ set his teams in the Korea friendly and the WC games which are very similar but there are some slight differences. That's why I'm not totally saying attacking midfielder that sits behind the striker.
                          Against Argentina and Bosnia, when Shojaei started, he has him playing in sort of CAM roles. but with more CM duties We also have to remember that all CAMs under Quieroz don't stay higher up the pitch when they are not in possession (which against decent teams is a lot of the time).
                          [ATTACH]15281[/ATTACH]
                          Against Bosnia Dejagah and Haysafi played more as wingers and against Argentina they played more as wide midfielders. Everyone was pretty much a defender against Argentina whereas players were given more room to attack against Bosnia, even before the goal and Iran opened themselves up a bit more to try and get a goal.
                          [ATTACH]15282[/ATTACH]
                          Now look at the formation against Korea.
                          [ATTACH]15283[/ATTACH]
                          Against South Korea, the wingers were playing higher up the pitch than Shojaei which means maybe CQ is looking to drop the pretense of his not-really-CAM role altogether?
                          I don't know if we'll lining up like we did against the WC teams or against Korea but ideally I think a modric/pjanic type player that can play in the middle but also run up and orchestrate behind the striker/wingers in the hole would be suitable?
                          Or to put it in an Iranian perspective maybe a Navidkia who isn't destroyed by injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
                            Bakhtiar rahmani is out of the TM picture for now being that he hasn't been for for almost 4-5 months now.

The answer is pretty obvious: Soroush rafie. Hes been playing superb football for foolad for the last several seasons and provided a nice spark when he came on against SK. He should be the starting CAM for us in January IMO.

Other good candidates are Azmoun, Nouri, and nariman jahan.

Why are ppl talking about Ezatolahi? He is a DM not a CAM.
                            That's considering that CQ keeps the same formation after AC. Consider that most of our opposition will be mediocre at best. I think he'll switch more offensive, hence the 4-4-2.

Comment

To respond to replacing Shojaei with one of the strikers idea, unless CQ changes his formation completely and plays with two strikers (which I doubt he would do as it would mean less defensive coverage and it would make the wingers even less effective since they'd have to spend more energy defending) I don't think it'd be a good idea.

In this current formation/in the WC formations Azmoun/Ansarifard/Gucci in Shojaei's role would be pushed in CM for a lot of the game. It just wouldn't make sense to do that to them.

It's also a good thing to remember that all of these players we are talking about haven't proved themselves on the international stage and finding a replacement cam will take time.
                              As much as I wish someone new was in midfield I can't deny the amount of experience he has and in that sense makes him a lot more reliable than others who are in form in the IPL. Proving yourself with the national team is a whole nother animal. I suppose that's why I made this thread because I haven't followed the IPL since Sepahan went to the finals in the ACL so I have no idea really how good all these other players are. I don't totally trust highlight montages either for obvious reasons.
                              pls save us dejagah

Comment

Working...
                              X