Behmanesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Behmanesh

Easily the greatest sports announcer in Iran's history. I can't remember the last match I heard him announce, but it was within the last 10-15 years.

Navad had a peice on him this week.

I don't know how to embed the video, but here is the link.

http://90tv.ir/video/40382/ستایش-نام...ذر
    راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Not 10-15 years is more like 45- and more years ago. Plus 90 made a big big mistake showing several color video pretending its reported by Behmanesh which is not. The match reporter is either Khodabakhsian or... but not Behmanesh. One would think a smart guys like Ferdossipour will know better. The reason I bring this up its because this video could become a historic one but with wrong info.

Comment

^ yeah I saw that online, nonetheless it's a nice video, hopefully they will correct it.

Do you mean 4-5 years ago?

Comment

Behmanesh has passed away sadly.

Comment

the irony is that his best sport was wrestling.

today our play-by-play announcers sound like a dead corpse
          “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
            ^ yeah I saw that online, nonetheless it's a nice video, hopefully they will correct it.

Do you mean 4-5 years ago?
            No 45 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Siavash View Post
              No 45 years ago
              No, he on the air again after the revolution. There were people that didn't want him back and protested but he did come back. I don't remember exactly when but it was after the war, maybe 15 years ago.

Comment

Ostaad Behmanesh did few sports talk shows on IRIB after the revolution, in late 90ies and also early 2000s...
                sadly he passed away.

He was a legend among commentators, and was very knowledgable.
                CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Are you guys sure he passed away?

I think he is still alive.

Comment

No he did not pass away. He is still alive and is in his 90s. Here is a picture of him with his cute grand daughter. Also, when I say 45 and more years ago I mean he was working for Iran radio and TV at the time and reported football and wrestling matches mostly from radio.

Comment

^
                      thanks... He must be now 94 or so.

look how he has changed

behmanesh.jpg
                      CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

wow ... too think that he was alive when Reza Shah was in power. The stories he could tell .....
                        “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Here is a pic of him with Ferdosipour interviewing him at his house.

Comment

^ A tabloid journalist interviewing a legend ....

Comment

Working...
                            X